Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)  (Read 985430 times)

kenmetro

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 28, 2020, 01:08:18 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Hi Argonlefou,

I have a road blocked on setting up an AHK script to autorun DemulShooter and CXBX Reloaded to play with Virtual Cop 3. It seems like DemulShooter can't hook to the game at all. If I just run a DemulShooter command and use cxbx.exe /load <gamepath> to load the game manually, it can load up fine. I spent many hours today but I still have no idea why my script that works on DemulShooter games on Taito and TeknoParrot games fails. Could you please help me out?

Here are what I did;

1. A Shortcut named "vcop3.lnk" was created with this value;

Target:  "D:\ARCADE CABINET\ROMs\ARCADE\TeknoParrot\Chihiro\BACKUP\cxbx.exe" /load vc3.xbe

Start in:  "D:\ARCADE CABINET\ROMs\ARCADE\TeknoParrot\Chihiro\BACKUP"

2. AHK script to load DemulShooter and the Shortcut;

Run, D:\ARCADE CABINET\ROMs\ARCADE\TeknoParrot\Chihiro\BACKUP\DemulShooter.exe -target=ttx -rom=eadp

Run, "D:\ARCADE CABINET\ROMs\ARCADE\TeknoParrot\Chihiro\BACKUP\vcop3.lnk"

;Button Coin
Up::
   Send {1 Down}
   Sleep 100
   Send {1 Up}
Return

;Change Bullet Time P1
Down::
   Send { C Down}
   Sleep 100
   Send { C Up}
Return

;Quit
Escape::
   WinClose, ahk_exe cxbx.exe
   WinClose, ahk_exe Demulshooter.exe
   ExitApp
Return

------------
**Note**
Virtual Cop 3 game folders, CXBX emulator, and DemulShooter folders were originally seperated in its own directory. I tried to narrow down the problem as possible by putting them all in one folder and ran the script from there.
------------

Unfortunately, the AHK script above doesn't work. The game could load up but the gun pointer and keys binding not respond at all. I hit Alt+Enter to toggle a Windows screen and open a notepad. I pressed 'UP' on D-pad and I saw letter '1'. If pressed "Down", the letter 'C' came up. That means DemulShooter ran in the background right?? But why it not register to the game at all? Besides, when I pressed Esc to close the script, the game screen closed but I could still see DemulShooter icon on the windows tray. I need to close DemulShooter program manaully.

Then, if I go to this 'D:\ARCADE CABINET\ROMs\ARCADE\TeknoParrot\Chihiro\BACKUP\' directory and run each command manually;

DemulShooter.exe -target=ttx -rom=eadp
then,
cxbx.exe /load vc3.xbe

Everything worked fine. DemulShooter worked as expected. When I close the game with Alt+F4, the game closed and DemulShooter automatically closed itself as well.

I am totally struck now. Could you please help me?

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:17:40 am
2. AHK script to load DemulShooter and the Shortcut;

Run, D:\ARCADE CABINET\ROMs\ARCADE\TeknoParrot\Chihiro\BACKUP\DemulShooter.exe -target=ttx -rom=eadp

Run, "D:\ARCADE CABINET\ROMs\ARCADE\TeknoParrot\Chihiro\BACKUP\vcop3.lnk"

Then, if I go to this 'D:\ARCADE CABINET\ROMs\ARCADE\TeknoParrot\Chihiro\BACKUP\' directory and run each command manually;

DemulShooter.exe -target=ttx -rom=eadp
then,
cxbx.exe /load vc3.xbe

Well, I suppose this is a typo but -rom=eadp will not work at all for Virtua Cop 3.
But just in case....if this is a copy/paste error which is really in your script, this would explain a lot of things

I hit Alt+Enter to toggle a Windows screen and open a notepad. I pressed 'UP' on D-pad and I saw letter '1'. If pressed "Down", the letter 'C' came up. That means DemulShooter ran in the background right?? But why it not register to the game at all?
No, it just means that the AHK scipt is running. Keyboard redirection is done by AHK, not DemulShooter

Besides, when I pressed Esc to close the script, the game screen closed but I could still see DemulShooter icon on the windows tray. I need to close DemulShooter program manaully.
See the first couple of quotes....if you ran -rom=eadp there is no doubt that demulshooter won't terminate itself because it's still waiting for EADP to hook.

And two last advices :
1) You want to know what's happening with DemulShooter ? Just add -v in the command and you'll get a debug.txt file with a lot of information
2) Run directly cxbx command in AHK instead of creating a .lnk and then call it later. You'll save yourself a lot of troubles

kenmetro

• Offline Offline
Hi argonlefou,

You are absolutely the best!!. When you pointed out that the script I used got a typo and I looked at it. OH MY!!!!!! My eyes almost popped out  :o  I can't believe I made such a simple mistake. All DemulShooter games on Taito, TeknoParrot, and Global VR, I just recycled an old script and made a tiny change on the command. This one got me good the whole day to finally realize just a simple typo. Thank you so very much.

While my head was hitting the wall, I went on research and found a guy posted a script to work on AimTrak. He shared his script, so I tailored a bit to suit me. This is what my final script looks like;

Run, Cxbx.exe /load vc3.xbe, D:\ARCADE CABINET\ROMs\ARCADE\TeknoParrot\Chihiro\Virtua Cop 3\
Sleep 1000
send,{AltDown}{Enter}{AltUp}

Run, DemulShooter.exe -target=chihiro -rom=vcop3, D:\ARCADE CABINET\ROMs\ARCADE\TeknoParrot\Chihiro\Virtua Cop 3\

;Button Start P1
Up::
   Send {1 Down}
   Sleep 100
   Send {1 Up}
Return

;Change Bullet Time P1
Down::C
Return

;Quit
Escape::
   WinClose, ahk_exe Cxbx.exe
   WinClose, ahk_exe Demulshooter.exe
   ExitApp
Return

One thing I see is that even though I configured Cxbx to run full screen by a resolution 1280x1024 with v-sync enabled, the game also displayed in a quarter-size Windows mode. I need to add delay 'Sleep 1000' and 
 'send,{AltDown}{Enter}{AltUp}' to fullscreen. In contrast, if I was in Cxbx GUI mode and ran the game from there, it would automatically display in a fullscreen mode right away. I'm not sure this is a normal behavior of using a Cxbx /load command.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Yes, I noticed this "bug" too : when launched with the /load command, cxbx is displaying a 640x480 window no matter what resolution you set.
Except, if you checked " exclusive full screen", it goes full screen but the window is stretched to the screen size (so no more 4/3 ratio )
In that case, you'll bé able to use ReShade to stretch it back to 4/3 (and apply some effects like scanline or bezel) but I won't cover that part here, you'll have to Google a little bit 😉

kazumasan144

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 29, 2020, 10:21:02 pm
Hi,

What settings should I change on my windows 7 vmware so that alien extermination will run at normal speed?
Currently, alien extermination is running too fast. My main OS is linux.

kenmetro

• Offline Offline
Yes, I noticed this "bug" too : when launched with the /load command, cxbx is displaying a 640x480 window no matter what resolution you set.
Except, if you checked " exclusive full screen", it goes full screen but the window is stretched to the screen size (so no more 4/3 ratio )
In that case, you'll bé able to use ReShade to stretch it back to 4/3 (and apply some effects like scanline or bezel) but I won't cover that part here, you'll have to Google a little bit 😉

Thanks again, argonlefou. Luckily, my Arcade1Up screen is 1280x1024 (5:4). It saves me a hassle :).

DJRobbyD

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 04, 2020, 04:56:07 pm
I used the no crosshairs patch for house of the dead 2 pc, and it made the bullet and lives icons disappear also. Is that normal?

ark216

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 04, 2022, 08:40:55 pm
Wait....you can use Reshade to scale it back to 4:3 Aspect Ratio? I didn't know that. I will Google and try. Thanks for letting us know argonlefou.

kazumasan144

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 29, 2020, 10:21:02 pm
Hi,

What settings should I change on my windows 7 vmware so that alien extermination will run at normal speed?
Currently, alien extermination is running too fast. My main OS is linux.

Anyone with similar experience? Not sure if this is the right place.

SaputraJ

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 06, 2023, 12:47:41 am
Hi Argon,

Do you still have this file for FarCry? currently this link is down on Mega, Thank you.

https://mega.nz/#!MIpU1SJa!K8jqgEmzbE6vLLyz_di4fPszqYGvOKcI9QBRWLBG4Us

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 29, 2021, 05:26:02 pm
I had Aliens Extermination working good with mouse enabler but now I got a new computer and I can't get it to work with mouse enabler or Demulshooter. When I go into test menu and gun calibration it just twitches but ultimately stays stuck at 32694 so I can't calibrate it.

DXDiag works fine with my lightgun and I made a configuration with the Demulshooter GUI, nothing has helped.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 11:14:06 am by Jayinem »

lllll44

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 07, 2024, 06:57:43 pm
Can someone please help me:)?
im trying to make a batch file for time crisis 2 on pcsx2 using argon inis ready files.
i wrote it like this:
I tried it like that: @echo off

start c:\pcsx2\pcsx2.exe "E:\ps2 games\light_gun\Time Crisis 2\time Crisis 2.bin"

--cfgpatch="e:\PCSX2_inis\Time Crisis 2"

exit

but i didnt seems to use the inis...how to fix it?

punkdark2000

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2024, 07:51:10 am
im trying to make a batch file for time crisis 2 on pcsx2 using argon inis ready files.
i wrote it like this:

start c:\pcsx2\pcsx2.exe "E:\ps2 games\light_gun\Time Crisis 2\time Crisis 2.bin"

exit

Better to use ahk shortcuts, follow the example:

;Copying Nuvee configuration and TimeCrisis 2 game profile
FileCopy, D:\PS2\Jeux\Time Crisis II\nuvee_ps2_usb_guncon1.ini, D:\PS2\PCSX2 1.2.1\inis, 1
FileCopy, D:\PS2\Jeux\Time Crisis II\nuvee_ps2_usb_guncon2.ini, D:\PS2\PCSX2 1.2.1\inis, 1
FileCopy, D:\PS2\Jeux\Time Crisis II\nuvee_ps2_usb_main.ini, D:\PS2\PCSX2 1.2.1\inis, 1

Run, D:\PS2\PCSX2 1.2.1\pcsx2-r5875.exe "D:\PS2\Jeux\Time Crisis II\Time Crisis II [NTSC_US].iso" --fullscreen --nogui, D:\PS2\PCSX2 1.2.1

It just changes the path for your folders.

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
This is what happens when I try to calibrate Aliens Extermination, it's the same Demulshooter or mouseenabler.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 03:28:25 pm by Jayinem »

lllll44

• Offline Offline
i wrote it like this:

exit

FileCopy, D:\PS2\Jeux\Time Crisis II\nuvee_ps2_usb_guncon1.ini, D:\PS2\PCSX2 1.2.1\inis, 1
FileCopy, D:\PS2\Jeux\Time Crisis II\nuvee_ps2_usb_guncon2.ini, D:\PS2\PCSX2 1.2.1\inis, 1
FileCopy, D:\PS2\Jeux\Time Crisis II\nuvee_ps2_usb_main.ini, D:\PS2\PCSX2 1.2.1\inis, 1

Run, D:\PS2\PCSX2 1.2.1\pcsx2-r5875.exe "D:\PS2\Jeux\Time Crisis II\Time Crisis II [NTSC_US].iso" --fullscreen --nogui, D:\PS2\PCSX2 1.2.1

AHK give me some conflicts with other programs on my pc, so i dont use it. i prefer batch.

Tiberius

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 03, 2024, 02:10:01 pm
  • Spent more time fixing than playing
i wrote it like this:

exit

AHK give me some conflicts with other programs on my pc, so i dont use it. i prefer batch.

Why not do the same routine of copying the files as recommended, but do it via the batch commands in the bat file you are using to load it rather than an ahk?
Using Wiimotes, Demulshooter and Touchmote as lightguns......does actually work!!!

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
If anyone comes along and also has problems with Aliens Extermination,  I did a fresh reinstall of the game and used mouseenabler and I was able to calibrate the game successfully its working perfect now.

Lesson learned: Making copies of games you have on one computer and trying to use the same files on a new computer can cause issues.

SaputraJ

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 06, 2023, 12:47:41 am
Hi Argon,

Do you still have this file for FarCry? currently this link is down on Mega, Thank you.

https://mega.nz/#!MIpU1SJa!K8jqgEmzbE6vLLyz_di4fPszqYGvOKcI9QBRWLBG4Us

Dont worry ... i sorted all my self already, Thank you

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
Nevermind

Alien2334

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 06, 2020, 12:50:18 pm
I just set up Aliens extermination on  my moded arcade one up Star Wars cab using a pc. The flight yoke works pretty good for lightgun shooters like this. The game runs great but it’s not reading my gun button inputs I enter in the demulshooter GUI. It’s almost like it has randomly assigned the flame thrower, gun, and grenade to buttons on the cab. When I update them in the GUI it loads and creates the config file but it does not change anything in the games. Anyone have a fix they think will work. I’m using the DemulShooter.exe -target=globalvr -rom=aliens executable with the aliens debased.exe file. Thanks

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
I just set up Aliens extermination on  my moded arcade one up Star Wars cab using a pc. The flight yoke works pretty good for lightgun shooters like this. The game runs great but it’s not reading my gun button inputs I enter in the demulshooter GUI. It’s almost like it has randomly assigned the flame thrower, gun, and grenade to buttons on the cab. When I update them in the GUI it loads and creates the config file but it does not change anything in the games. Anyone have a fix they think will work. I’m using the DemulShooter.exe -target=globalvr -rom=aliens executable with the aliens debased.exe file. Thanks
I don't know for sure what is the flight yoke you're talking about, but if google answer is correct (i.e a kind of flight simulator controller) I really don't think you'll find anyone with a fix for that.

That beeing said, you could help by sharing a couple of files :
1) Use DsDiag.exe, find your device in the list and set correct axis if necessary. You should see the target moving on the screen and buttons should become green when you push the corresponding one. Click the button in the upper right to export a report and share the file here, this could give me an idea of the device capabilities

2) Run demulshooter with -v option added a the end, try to move and shoot a little then close everything and share the debug.txt file.
This could help a little more

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
Personally I've had more luck using argonlefou's mouse enabler instead of Demulshooter when it comes to Aliens Extermination.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Mouse Enabler, as it id named, is made to play with a mouse.
A flight simulator gamepad is not a mouse

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 04:40:00 am
  • Designated spam hunter
I don't know for sure what is the flight yoke you're talking about
A Star Wars yoke/flight yoke uses potentiometers, same as an analog joystick.

Scott

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
I used mouseenabler to work with my EMS Top Gun 3 since the PC recogizes it as a mouse.

This whole conversation about a flight simulator gamepad is lost on me I thought this was the lightgun section.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
A Star Wars yoke/flight yoke uses potentiometers, same as an analog joystick.

Scott
Thanks for the info  ;)
So technically speaking, and as it's original arcade hardware system, the main issue will be the way it's connected to the computer.

DemulShooter, in it's current state, is not made to accept Axis and Buttons from different devices. It has to be the same.
Using a device like this with an A-PAC, for example, you'll have to wire the buttons on the A-PAC too so that the choosen device in DemulShooter (which is the A-PACat the end) can access both buttons and axis.

So, depending on what kind of IO board is used in his modded star wars cab, this may explain why this isn't woking.

I used mouseenabler to work with my EMS Top Gun 3 since the PC recogizes it as a mouse.

This whole conversation about a flight simulator gamepad is lost on me I thought this was the lightgun section.
Yes, EMS Top gun is detected as a mouse by Windows
Aimtrak is detected as a mouse too, but also as a joystick for extra buttons at the same time
WiiMote can be detected as a mouse too (I guess) according to the mode (2 ?) you're using it with dolphin bar

Any device acting as a mouse will work with mouse enabler.

DemulShooter has been updated recently to support original arcade analog lightguns (mounted light guns) which are basically.....joysticks.
So joypad/gamepad (hardware speaking) can be the core hardware of some lightguns

As I said, I had no idea what that Yoke was.
But in that case this is indeed off topic as it's more a wheel than anything else. And I say "slightly" because people already asked for wheel/pedal compatibility for demulshooter....... :lol

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
Has anyone been able to get Gundam Spirit of Zeon fullscreen and use a lightgun? I used dGVoodoo and it made it fullscreen looked nice but it messed up Demulshooter where you are stuck behind the wall you can't shoot at enemies. 

ark216

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 04, 2022, 08:40:55 pm
Has anyone managed to get this running via demulshooter with 2 wiimotes with a single dolphin bar? For me it has only worked in one attempt with single player (Touchmote + Single Dolphin bar Mode 4), then i configured for 2 player setup and it did not work for either players. I deleted the entire folder and did all the steps again from scratch but it's not working for any of the players (even for Player 1 only). It stays stuck on the main start screen (i can hear coin sound when i enter the credits, but it did not proceed any further).

@argonlefou

Yardley

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 20, 2023, 07:35:08 pm
Hi guys, anyone here use JoyToKey for their guns and are have issues with Windows 10? I just upgraded from Windows 7 and noticed that the controller order feature of JoyToKey isn’t working correctly. For example, I have my player 1 Aimtrak gun set as joystick 1 in Joy2Key, yet it is acting as joystick 2. Not even in a game, but in Joy2Key itself. This never happened under Win 7, it was always rock solid. Gun 1 would always be joystick 1 and gun 2 would be joystick 2 as specified in the Joy2Key settings. Prior to this issue, I also noticed that my Xbox controller would randomly light the player indicator LED as player 2, 3 or 4 even through I only had one controller connected. When this happens I reboot and it goes back to normal but again,  not something I ever experienced under Win 7. Anyone else have these issues?

Headrush69

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 13, 2024, 09:49:44 am
  • I have build my own arcade controls!
Using Demulshooter v 10.31.3.0 with Teknoparrot (393).

I've got all my Teknoparrot light gun games working with Demulshooter, except for Sega Golden Gun.

Attached is my debug log. Looks like my RingGunR_RingWide.exe matches hash, but then there are memory read errors. No movement or button actions in game.

Any suggestions or assistance appreciated,
Well, it could be some user controll issue (run everything as an admin) but in that case the issue should be the same with every game :/
So...I don't know what is blocking the game's memory access
I switched to using JConfig for this game and it works OK.

SuperMagoAlex

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:04:12 am
Hi Argon,
Time Crisis 5 Arcade is out  8) 8) 8)

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
My god, if we could get Demulshooter support I would be so happy.

lllll44

• Offline Offline
Hi argon,
anyway you can make RPCS3 working with demulshooter? it has amazing games like time crisis 4, razing storm....
the psmove "mode" is playable with mouse, but not with an aimtrak, cause the mouse moving all over the place.

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 24, 2024, 05:40:47 am
Hi argon,
anyway you can make RPCS3 working with demulshooter? it has amazing games like time crisis 4, razing storm....
the psmove "mode" is playable with mouse, but not with an aimtrak, cause the mouse moving all over the place.
Hi, I tested it for a while, and I think it worked in windowed mode, if so, you can simulate a false fullscreen with ahk or something.

lllll44

• Offline Offline
Hi argon,
Hi, I tested it for a while, and I think it worked in windowed mode, if so, you can simulate a false fullscreen with ahk or something.

wow you are right! its working great with windowd mode...now i need to know how to write that false screen script lol.

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
I too would like to know how to make a false fullscreen script. Never even heard of it before.

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 24, 2024, 05:40:47 am
Something like this:
 WinSet, Style,  -0xC40000 , ahk_exe rpcs3.exe
 WinMove, ahk_exe rpcs3.exe, , x, y , width, height

lllll44

• Offline Offline
Some one made me this...works well.
q::
    MouseGetPos, , , win
    maxWindow("ahk_id " win)
return

maxWindow(title) {
    WinMove, % title, , 0, 0, % A_ScreenWidth, % A_ScreenHeight
    WinActivate, % title
    WinSet, Style, -0xC00000, % title
    WinSet, Style, -0x40000, % title
    WinSet, AlwaysOnTop, Off, % title
}

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
Is RPCS3 difficult to setup? I have a PS3 with Move but I would much rather play these games on PC with my Top Gun 3.

Also that script do I just run the lightgun game from rpcs3 with it in the same script?  What is the actual script to run the game would be it run rcps3.exe then what? I'm not great with scripts so I need a little help.

Edit: nevermind about setting RPCS3 already did and booted a game within 5 minutes. Just need a little help with the script. My mouse or EMS Top Gun 3 isn't working with Time Crisis Razing Storm and I enabled mouse and Move in I/O setting.

Would it be like this

#SingleInstance Force
run rpcs3.exe F:\Time Crisis Razing Storm\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\EBOOT.BIN
q::
    MouseGetPos, , , win
    maxWindow("ahk_id " win)
return

maxWindow(title) {
    WinMove, % title, , 0, 0, % A_ScreenWidth, % A_ScreenHeight
    WinActivate, % title
    WinSet, Style, -0xC00000, % title
    WinSet, Style, -0x40000, % title
    WinSet, AlwaysOnTop, Off, % title
}
Exit

When I try it rpcs3 gui opens but not the game.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 05:26:02 pm by Jayinem »

Mindwipe

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 02:00:52 am
Hi argon,

I've just updated to the latest RPCS3 version. How are you guys managing to calibrate the mouse or aimtrak? I tried Time Crisis 4 and Deadstorm Pirates and in both games after the calibration it tells you to press "triangle" to save the settings. But my pad is no longer working during this process as it's using the mouse as a motion device. What do you have to do to get past the calibration? Thanks.