Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)  (Read 977140 times)

phasermaniac

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 24, 2024, 05:40:47 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)
« Reply #2000 on: February 27, 2020, 06:08:48 pm »
Yes, for me hod 2&3 wii works perfect, although in games like fast draw showdown or big buck hunter pro I feel player 2 doesnt work as good as player 1, seems slower, I can notice I need more time for reloading. Anyone experienced this?

Zebra

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 19, 2021, 01:12:24 pm
Re: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)
« Reply #2001 on: February 27, 2020, 07:13:42 pm »
Yes, for me hod 2&3 wii works perfect, although in games like fast draw showdown or big buck hunter pro I feel player 2 doesnt work as good as player 1, seems slower, I can notice I need more time for reloading. Anyone experienced this?

I have although I'm not sure if it's for the same reasons. When I had one gun hooked up with my UHID nano it was perfect. When I tried connecting two guns to my big UHID it introduced some lag. I assumed it was a bandwidth issue with the UHID so I use two separate boards now.

I find it hard to tell stuff like that with Big Buck hunter though. I find it's controls to be horrible on any platform. If the issues are inherent in the software then the emulator won't help matters. The original arcade used a real light gun so using my Act Labs gun helps with this game. It doesn't track so any lag stops being noticeable.

What gun are you using?

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 24, 2024, 05:40:47 am
« Reply #2002 on: February 28, 2020, 02:59:27 am »
I'm using guncon45 + dualshooter ems adaptor + topgun driver.
I think fast draw showdown is the best game to notice, as you have to point offscreen (holster) and shoot as fast you can.
So if I set crosshair on for test, I can notice p2 crosshair is slower returning from offscreen

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 08:59:43 am
« Reply #2003 on: February 28, 2020, 03:24:43 am »
Have you tried playing Hod3 in Dolphin instead of the PC version? It lets you use whatever controls you like. It looks and plays better than the PC version too. And, it doesn't force that auto reload thing and it lets you turn the crosshairs off.  Highly recommended.
Once again, I'll quote myself (from the wiki, hod3pc part ) ;D :

I made a No-Crosshair patch, it is available here : http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=149714.0
Just overwrite the SPR.AFS original file which is located on the "fs" folder inside game install folder (for me it's C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD3_EU\fs\SPR.AFS)

By default, the game automatically reload your gun when you shoot your last bullet.
To make it behave like a real arcade game, use the -noautoreload option : once your clip is empty, you'll have to use the reload button.

By default, guns are displayed and moving during gameplay.
To hide them like it is in the arcade game, use the -noguns option in the command line

On a different note, has anybody ever asked the Teknoparrot guy if he'd incorporate Demul Shooter into his software so he can stop breaking compatibility with new releases? I'm going to assume he doesn't actively want to prevent light gun compatibility on light gun games..,
Compatibility should not break anymore, unless major change in BudgieLoader. But yes, this is theory only....
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 03:26:21 am by argonlefou »

Zebra

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2004 on: February 28, 2020, 01:14:44 pm »
I'm using guncon45 + dualshooter ems adaptor + topgun driver.
I think fast draw showdown is the best game to notice, as you have to point offscreen (holster) and shoot as fast you can.
So if I set crosshair on for test, I can notice p2 crosshair is slower returning from offscreen

Do you have two Guncons connected via one adapter? If so, that could be your issue. It would be consistent with my experience anyway.

I think it's more likely to be an issue that's inherent in the software in your case though. If it works well for some games but not others, that suggests it's the games that have the issue.

Have you tried those games on a real Wii? I might have assumed Dolphin had an issue with Mad Dog Mccree if I didn't own the Wii disc....

lay72

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 01, 2023, 05:44:57 am
  • I hate waste time to fix...I wanna play!
« Reply #2005 on: February 28, 2020, 01:59:48 pm »
Have you tried playing Hod3 in Dolphin instead of the PC version? It lets you use whatever controls you like. It looks and plays better than the PC version too. And, it doesn't force that auto reload thing and it lets you turn the crosshairs off.  Highly recommended.

I made a No-Crosshair patch, it is available here : http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=149714.0
Just overwrite the SPR.AFS original file which is located on the "fs" folder inside game install folder (for me it's C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD3_EU\fs\SPR.AFS)

By default, the game automatically reload your gun when you shoot your last bullet.
To make it behave like a real arcade game, use the -noautoreload option : once your clip is empty, you'll have to use the reload button.

To hide them like it is in the arcade game, use the -noguns option in the command line

On a different note, has anybody ever asked the Teknoparrot guy if he'd incorporate Demul Shooter into his software so he can stop breaking compatibility with new releases? I'm going to assume he doesn't actively want to prevent light gun compatibility on light gun games..,
Compatibility should not break anymore, unless major change in BudgieLoader. But yes, this is theory only....
Hi Argon...about my reload debug.txt? please help!  :(

Zebra

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2006 on: February 28, 2020, 02:12:59 pm »

I've used the no-crosshairs mod before and I appreciate it. If it wasn't for people doing stuff like that and Demul Shooter then a lot of these games would be unplayable. There would literally be no way to use a gun for gun games in Teknoparrot...

Unfortunately for me though, the patches and Demul Shooter don't solve my primary issue with Hod3. My Sega arcade guns and my USB2GUN output like analog controllers. HOD3 on the PC and Demul only work with mouse guns.

Hod3 in Dolphin is not only a better port, it allows me to use the guns I like and play it like the coin-op with no messing around. I have reload wired to my screen-out button. I have both versions and no axe to grind. Hod3 is better played in Dolphin IMO. Being able to play with no crosshairs without needing a mod is just icing.

I have dips fitted to switch my guns over to an Arduino with absolute mouse code so I can use Demul Shooter with Teknoparrot. The guns don't work as well as a mouse though (due to issues in Windows, not Demul). I'm hoping Teknoparrot will be fixed some day or Demul Shooter will become compatible with analog guns like Troubleshooter.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2007 on: February 29, 2020, 10:53:11 am »
I can't help you if you don't read your private messages

hyo2012

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 07, 2024, 05:24:10 am
« Reply #2008 on: February 29, 2020, 10:54:11 am »

I've used the no-crosshairs mod before and I appreciate it. If it wasn't for people doing stuff like that and Demul Shooter then a lot of these games would be unplayable. There would literally be no way to use a gun for gun games in Teknoparrot...

Unfortunately for me though, the patches and Demul Shooter don't solve my primary issue with Hod3. My Sega arcade guns and my USB2GUN output like analog controllers. HOD3 on the PC and Demul only work with mouse guns.

Hod3 in Dolphin is not only a better port, it allows me to use the guns I like and play it like the coin-op with no messing around. I have reload wired to my screen-out button. I have both versions and no axe to grind. Hod3 is better played in Dolphin IMO. Being able to play with no crosshairs without needing a mod is just icing.

I have dips fitted to switch my guns over to an Arduino with absolute mouse code so I can use Demul Shooter with Teknoparrot. The guns don't work as well as a mouse though (due to issues in Windows, not Demul). I'm hoping Teknoparrot will be fixed some day or Demul Shooter will become compatible with analog guns like Troubleshooter.

You can use analog guns with demulshooter by convert x-input interface.

Use XOutput util.    https://sourceforge.net/projects/xoutput/

And at demulshooter, choose Xinput controller.

Zebra

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2009 on: February 29, 2020, 11:45:03 am »

You can use analog guns with demulshooter by convert x-input interface.

Use XOutput util.    https://sourceforge.net/projects/xoutput/

And at demulshooter, choose Xinput controller.

Thanks. I'll give it a try. I've never been able to make an Apac, a UHID or my USB2GUN work with anything that uses Xinput so it would be good to have a way of doing it.

Out of interest, why is Demul Shooter compatible with Xinput? Are there any PC guns that output that format? I can't imagine there are many people who enjoy playing gun games with an Xbox pad using absolute analog controls...

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2010 on: February 29, 2020, 12:49:43 pm »
Out of interest, why is Demul Shooter compatible with Xinput? Are there any PC guns that output that format? I can't imagine there are many people who enjoy playing gun games with an Xbox pad using absolute analog controls...
Me  ;D
For development purposes, it's easier for me to use a gamepad on a laptop rather than moving aimtraks and lightguns  everywhere ;D

And mostly : for Wiimote user. They have to use TouchMote and bind their WiiMotes as Xinput controllers

Zebra

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2011 on: February 29, 2020, 03:40:13 pm »
Me  ;D
For development purposes, it's easier for me to use a gamepad on a laptop rather than moving aimtraks and lightguns  everywhere ;D

And mostly : for Wiimote user. They have to use TouchMote and bind their WiiMotes as Xinput controllers

That makes sense. If it works with Wii remotes, am I right in assuming it uses absolute positioning with Xinput? Does it work with the Xinput setting in Teknoparrot without forcing relative controls?

I thought that most people were outputting their Wii remotes as a mouse in Windows for use with Demul Shooter. The homebrew Wii drivers and software for Windows are really versatile. I wish the UHID offered a choice of outputs for analog controls like that. It would would certainly make it easier.

I'm still messing around with multiple devices and dip switches to change outputs...

Tomkun

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 12, 2024, 09:42:52 pm
« Reply #2012 on: February 29, 2020, 07:23:27 pm »

I am one of the people who use my Wiimotes with Demulshooter and am incredibly grateful that it supports Xinput. Please don't put any doubt in argonlefou's mind! :)

argonlefou

• Offline Offline

I'm hoping Teknoparrot will be fixed some day or Demul Shooter will become compatible with analog guns like Troubleshooter.
I never though of that kind of hardware untill now (USB2GUN, Ultimark U-HID, etc...) and they would really deserve some update to be used here with demulshooter.
The main issue is that I don't own any of these harware parts (cards, gun) but if I'm understanding well, they are emulating regular old Joypads ? Like Dinput devices?

I also don't own any these old Joypad to test  ;D But there is a good Arduino library to emulate them which could be usefull in that case ;D
Interresting idea

shiryu55

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 18, 2023, 03:46:44 am
njay

I have the house 3 pc 100%, the 2 is the one that does not throw me with the guns, they stay both in the center of the screen and do not move.
If you want send me private.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 04:25:08 am by shiryu55 »

lay72

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 01, 2023, 05:44:57 am
  • I hate waste time to fix...I wanna play!
I can't help you if you don't read your private messages
once again sorry ... I'm a bit of an idiot!  :embarassed:
you have PM...

Zebra

• Offline Offline

I'm hoping Teknoparrot will be fixed some day or Demul Shooter will become compatible with analog guns like Troubleshooter.
I never though of that kind of hardware untill now (USB2GUN, Ultimark U-HID, etc...) and they would really deserve some update to be used here with demulshooter.
The main issue is that I don't own any of these harware parts (cards, gun) but if I'm understanding well, they are emulating regular old Joypads ? Like Dinput devices?

I also don't own any these old Joypad to test  ;D But there is a good Arduino library to emulate them which could be usefull in that case ;D
Interresting idea

They all output as generic HID controllers in Windows. But, none of them are compatible with any of the usual Dinput or Xinput crossover adapters used for consoles. Only the Titan 2 adapter has "full HID compatibility". It seems to be it's own "standard". I know some HID devices use regular Dinput or Xinput. Not these.

If you can tell what info you'd need for a UHID or Apac and how to retrieve it, I'd be more than happy to get it for this.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline

They all output as generic HID controllers in Windows. But, none of them are compatible with any of the usual Dinput or Xinput crossover adapters used for consoles. Only the Titan 2 adapter has "full HID compatibility". It seems to be it's own "standard". I know some HID devices use regular Dinput or Xinput. Not these.

If you can tell what info you'd need for a UHID or Apac and how to retrieve it, I'd be more than happy to get it for this.
We'll continue in private, I'm sending you a message

Bojo5150

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 11, 2022, 12:07:28 pm
How is the 64bit version progressing? I’m really looking forward to playing Lost Land and Luigi with 2 players!

ginzu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 03, 2023, 06:51:54 am
Hello @argonlefou,

i would like to ask you a new feature to improve demulshooter (if you can , of course).

Would it be possible to add a button for those who would like to play with mice.

This button would not change the mouse buttons.

When I test my mice with Ds_Diag.exe, everything is perfectly recognized (movement, buttons).

As soon as I launch demulshooter with a Demul game for example,

The mouse buttons no longer work and you cannot reassign them as you would like.

Except, by default (without demulshooter), the mouse works as it should in games.

If we could create a button specially designed for mouse use which would not reassign the buttons and which support 2 mice, it would be extraordinary!

thank you in advance.    ;D

SaputraJ

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 06, 2023, 12:47:41 am
Hi, I have a problem with demulshooter and a dual aimtrak on some emulators. The problems started suddenly because the first time I've configured everything it was working, now instead something happened and the second gun doesn't work on many emulators (but not all, for example SH still work).
The problem is that for example on hotd2 the second gun fire at the same time of the first, so pulling the trigger (or reloading) on the second one trigger the same event on the first, and viceversa. The problem is really strange, the guns have differend ids and the demulshooter diag app grab the correct click/position for each gun, but when used inside demul everything is a mess.
I have not updated anything, don't know if some automatic update of windows (windows 7) ---fouled up beyond all recognition--- everything. Have you any suggestion?

I have the same problem with 2 Aimtrak guns with Demul as dejawho
I have tried using Windows + X admin for the code : DemulShooter.exe -target=windows -rom=hod3pc -noguns -v

Using Demul Build date: Apr 28 2018 with Demulshooter V8.6 with no luck, here is the code:

19:06:54.947396 :
19:06:54.951364 : -------------------- Program Start ----------------------
19:06:54.955828 : P1 device = \\?\HID#VID_D209&PID_1601&MI_02#7&6f69e7b&0&0000#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd}
19:06:54.959300 : P1 Device Handle = 65590
19:06:54.963268 : P2 device = \\?\HID#VID_D209&PID_1602&MI_02#7&23fea4a1&0&0000#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd}
19:06:54.968228 : P2 Device Handle = 65594
19:06:54.972196 : P3 device =
19:06:54.976164 : P3 Device Handle = 0
19:06:54.980628 : P4 device =
19:06:54.984595 : P4 Device Handle = 0
19:06:54.988564 : Cmdline arg 1 : -target=demul07a
19:06:54.992532 : Cmdline arg 2 : -rom=hotd2o
19:06:54.996500 : Cmdline arg 3 : -noresize
19:06:55.000467 : Cmdline arg 4 : -v
19:06:55.035188 : Waiting for naomigame to hook.....
19:12:08.302001 :
19:12:08.306954 : -------------------- Program Start ----------------------
19:12:08.310894 : P1 device = \\?\HID#VID_D209&PID_1601&MI_02#7&6f69e7b&0&0000#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd}
19:12:08.314390 : P1 Device Handle = 65590
19:12:08.317868 : P2 device = \\?\HID#VID_D209&PID_1602&MI_02#7&23fea4a1&0&0000#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd}
19:12:08.321339 : P2 Device Handle = 65594
19:12:08.324811 : P3 device =
19:12:08.328283 : P3 Device Handle = 0
19:12:08.332222 : P4 device =
19:12:08.335694 : P4 Device Handle = 0
19:12:08.339201 : Cmdline arg 1 : -target=demul07a
19:12:08.342667 : Cmdline arg 2 : -rom=lupinsho
19:12:08.346140 : Cmdline arg 3 : -noresize
19:12:08.349612 : Cmdline arg 4 : -v
19:12:08.388686 : Waiting for naomigame to hook.....

please anyone help? Thanks

kill_one

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 07, 2023, 01:16:21 pm
Hi @argonlefou could you add support for recoil and rumble vibration for the arduino gun system 4ir led created by JayBee in this forum? Currently does not select this option ...Thanks a lot  :)  ;)  ;D
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 06:47:38 am by kill_one »

Tiberius

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 03, 2024, 02:10:01 pm
  • Spent more time fixing than playing

Using Demul Build date: Apr 28 2018 with Demulshooter V8.6 with no luck, here is the code:

Do you mean Version 8.6.1 ? or 8.6.0 ?

The 8.6.0 version didn't hook due to an issue, but the newer 8.6.1 version does work with Demul.

Page 50 Reply number 1973 has the newer version which is working with Demul for me.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 08:22:14 am by Tiberius »
Using Wiimotes, Demulshooter and Touchmote as lightguns......does actually work!!!

njay

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 08, 2022, 06:49:35 am
  • To Nudge or Not to Nudge !
Still have issues with hod3 , demulshooter loads i have working crosshairs and movement , however pressing the trigger does nothing, pressing x on the keyboard works , attached my debug

another issue:

I can run model 2 through rocketlauncher and hyperspin and it starts fine both guns in games calibrate , but when starting a game using the 2 button for starting player 2 is blocked when using demulshooter , is this a setting somewhere?

*fixed the model 2 issue , i was using the 2 and 6 keys for exit emulator in global settings , removing that fixed the model 2 issue*

if anyone can still help on HOD3 , maybe it's my download but i can't find another version
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 10:10:40 am by njay »
Mini Pinball Project [Finished]:
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=98826.0

Cab Convert To HyperSpin [Sold due to Move]
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=101535.0

New Project - Bartop [Planning Stage]
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=105894

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
How is the 64bit version progressing? I’m really looking forward to playing Lost Land and Luigi with 2 players!
Normally done and working (at least at home). Still have to finish a couple of other details and I'll put a release here in the next days

Hello @argonlefou,

i would like to ask you a new feature to improve demulshooter (if you can , of course).

Would it be possible to add a button for those who would like to play with mice.

This button would not change the mouse buttons.

When I test my mice with Ds_Diag.exe, everything is perfectly recognized (movement, buttons).

As soon as I launch demulshooter with a Demul game for example,

The mouse buttons no longer work and you cannot reassign them as you would like.

Except, by default (without demulshooter), the mouse works as it should in games.

If we could create a button specially designed for mouse use which would not reassign the buttons and which support 2 mice, it would be extraordinary!

thank you in advance.    ;D
You can't use any regular mouse to play with DemulShooter.
Seeing them in DsDiag is one thing, getting good and compatible values and input is another one.
Regular mice only provide relative coordinates, and I need absolute coordinates.

I have tried using Windows + X admin for the code : DemulShooter.exe -target=windows -rom=hod3pc -noguns -v

Demulshooter is not hooking the emulator at all
As Tiberius said, please update to v8.6.1
I usually update the 1st message of the topic so that the latest build can be found there as attachment

Still have issues with hod3 , demulshooter loads i have working crosshairs and movement , however pressing the trigger does nothing, pressing x on the keyboard works , attached my debug

another issue:

I can run model 2 through rocketlauncher and hyperspin and it starts fine both guns in games calibrate , but when starting a game using the 2 button for starting player 2 is blocked when using demulshooter , is this a setting somewhere?

*fixed the model 2 issue , i was using the 2 and 6 keys for exit emulator in global settings , removing that fixed the model 2 issue*

if anyone can still help on HOD3 , maybe it's my download but i can't find another version
Which exact version of demulshooter are you using ?
If you have corsshair moving, your exe is compatible.
Buttons were not working in 8.6.0 due to a bug

Hi @argonlefou could you add support for recoil and rumble vibration for the arduino gun system 4ir led created by JayBee in this forum? Currently does not select this option ...Thanks a lot  :)  ;)  ;D
For now DemulShooter is one-way only : from device to software
I don't see anything I could do that JayBee couldn't handle with it's firmware. (i.e triggering recoil/rumble when you shoot on screen), just like Aimtrak recoil is working.
Except hooking output data for all games/emulator to enable recoil only when the game need to ? In that case Mame Hooker may be something for you
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 10:31:17 am by argonlefou »

njay

• Offline Offline
oooh yessssssssss i did a clean install of demulshooter 8.6.1 and viola it works, thanks to argon and tibirius for the help.

Can anyone share with me how they exit windows games like hod3 and aliens extermination?  mapping alt+F4 to another key combo using AHK?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 11:32:28 am by njay »

SaputraJ

• Offline Offline

Do you mean Version 8.6.1 ? or 8.6.0 ?

The 8.6.0 version didn't hook due to an issue, but the newer 8.6.1 version does work with Demul.

Page 50 Reply number 1973 has the newer version which is working with Demul for me.

Demulshooter is not hooking the emulator at all
As Tiberius said, please update to v8.6.1
I usually update the 1st message of the topic so that the latest build can be found there as attachment

It worked on v8.6.1! been trying on v8.6.0.0 lol  Thank you so much guys God Bless !

Zebra

• Offline Offline
oooh yessssssssss i did a clean install of demulshooter 8.6.1 and viola it works, thanks to argon and tibirius for the help.

Can anyone share with me how they exit windows games like hod3 and aliens extermination?  mapping alt+F4 to another key combo using AHK?

Have you tried the middle mouse button on Hod3 to bring up the menu? It's literally only been a month since I played the PC version and I'm drawing a blank on how I brought up the menu to select "exit". I must be getting old....

If esq doesn't work then control Alt delete works every time. That's what I ended up doing on Alien Extermination.

njay

• Offline Offline

Have you tried the middle mouse button on Hod3 to bring up the menu? It's literally only been a month since I played the PC version and I'm drawing a blank on how I brought up the menu to select "exit". I must be getting old....

If esq doesn't work then control Alt delete works every time. That's what I ended up doing on Alien Extermination.

Let me try that indeed good idea ... for alien esc works on the keyboard but i want to map it to a few button presses on my cab to exclude the use of a keyboard, i think i can do this using ahk but not sure how

Tiberius

• Offline Offline
The following AHK segment works on HOD3 as long as screen resolution is 1280x1024 in game and fullscreen and the keys are default

However njay would like buttons 2 & 6 to exit rather than Escape key. I have always struggled with key combos in AHK, I am sure it is simple but cannot get my head around it. Would somebody be able to help please

Does $Esc:: need replacing with 2&6:: or ~2&6:: or does it need to be more complex and involve GetKeyState? I can do it for holding down a specific key for 5 seconds which is how I have my system set up for joystick based games, but key combos always beat me.

Cheers for help, oh and no laughing at my AHK if it is stupid-I am self taught and it works for me, and I imagine the sleep segments could be made smaller but I am in no rush in life and prefer it to take a little longer and work all the time  :lol

$Esc::
{
Send {Q down}
Sleep, 1000
Send {Q up}
MouseMove, 640, 540
Sleep, 1000
Click, down
Sleep, 1000
Click, up
MouseMove, 640, 525
Sleep, 1000
Click, down
Sleep, 1000
Click, up
MouseMove, 640, 730
Sleep, 1000
Click, down
Sleep, 1000
Click, up
MouseMove, 640, 785
Sleep, 1000
Click, down
Sleep, 1000
Click, up
MouseMove, 640, 525
Sleep, 1000
Click, down
Sleep, 1000
Click, up
}

Exitapp
Using Wiimotes, Demulshooter and Touchmote as lightguns......does actually work!!!

njay

• Offline Offline
Yeah thanks man !  i build a bartop years ago and this was better knowledge but times flies en get older it seems :P

lllll44

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2024, 07:58:49 pm
Hi argon whats up?
Anyway you make changes in the ps2_mouse patcher for pcsx2 for light gun games to work with 2 players? or even create a patch of yours for it?
thanks.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Hi argon whats up?
Anyway you make changes in the ps2_mouse patcher for pcsx2 for light gun games to work with 2 players? or even create a patch of yours for it?
thanks.
Hi,
I don't know about this mouse_patcher, but I do know that you can already use 2Aimtrak with nuvee plugin. I made a tutorial here on the forum a few years ago

punkdark2000

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 28, 2024, 06:27:43 am
Hi argon whats up?
thanks.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=151385.0

Tiberius

• Offline Offline
Stupid question of the day

With the PCSX2, nuvee and Aimtrak are they recognised as a mouse? I have tried with Wiimote and it recognises it as a gamepad and then the in game cursor moves around as if you are playing with the d pad - which isn't the end of the world but not a great experience and I can do that on my Phat PS2.

I have also got it recognising a Wiimote as a mouse, but struggling to get two player....I end up using the lightgun side and making player 2 use D pad style controls!!!! Keeping playing with it and trying to figure out other ways of making it work or config files....but I don't think it has been achieved and people with far bigger brains have tried.

With the mouse patcher it plays like a lightgun game, rather than the d pad game, but only one player, not asking you to fix it or redo it all for us (unless you are really bored and having nothing else to do :-) )I assume that it how it works with Aimtrak and your tutorial?

Thanks for all your help, advice and the amazing Demulshooter.

SaputraJ

• Offline Offline
Stupid question of the day

With the PCSX2, nuvee and Aimtrak are they recognised as a mouse? I have tried with Wiimote and it recognises it as a gamepad and then the in game cursor moves around as if you are playing with the d pad - which isn't the end of the world but not a great experience and I can do that on my Phat PS2.

I have also got it recognising a Wiimote as a mouse, but struggling to get two player....I end up using the lightgun side and making player 2 use D pad style controls!!!! Keeping playing with it and trying to figure out other ways of making it work or config files....but I don't think it has been achieved and people with far bigger brains have tried.

With the mouse patcher it plays like a lightgun game, rather than the d pad game, but only one player, not asking you to fix it or redo it all for us (unless you are really bored and having nothing else to do :-) )I assume that it how it works with Aimtrak and your tutorial?

Thanks for all your help, advice and the amazing Demulshooter.

Hello, i have both Aimtrak guns working fine with : Nuvee ps2 usb 0.2.0 (nuvee_ps2_usb)

Both port controller on USB been set as Guncon 2 - HID Mouse API: RawInput - tick on Snap mouse cursor to window - tick on Swap lightgun players 1-2

See attached for player 1 configuration (same for player 2)

Hope it helps :)

« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 11:31:59 pm by SaputraJ »

njay

• Offline Offline
The following AHK segment works on HOD3 as long as screen resolution is 1280x1024 in game and fullscreen and the keys are default

However njay would like buttons 2 & 6 to exit rather than Escape key. I have always struggled with key combos in AHK, I am sure it is simple but cannot get my head around it. Would somebody be able to help please

Does $Esc:: need replacing with 2&6:: or ~2&6:: or does it need to be more complex and involve GetKeyState? I can do it for holding down a specific key for 5 seconds which is how I have my system set up for joystick based games, but key combos always beat me.

Cheers for help, oh and no laughing at my AHK if it is stupid-I am self taught and it works for me, and I imagine the sleep segments could be made smaller but I am in no rush in life and prefer it to take a little longer and work all the time  :lol

$Esc::
{
Send {Q down}
Sleep, 1000
Send {Q up}
MouseMove, 640, 540
Sleep, 1000
Click, down
Sleep, 1000
Click, up
MouseMove, 640, 525
Sleep, 1000
Click, down
Sleep, 1000
Click, up
MouseMove, 640, 730
Sleep, 1000
Click, down
Sleep, 1000
Click, up
MouseMove, 640, 785
Sleep, 1000
Click, down
Sleep, 1000
Click, up
MouseMove, 640, 525
Sleep, 1000
Click, down
Sleep, 1000
Click, up
}

Exitapp

Anyone who can help me out?  i need the 2 and 6 keys to exit the game using AHK ... we can kill the process it's ok
thanks for the assist :D

jkl

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 13, 2020, 10:01:58 am
Sorry to bother...
I'm trying to set up cxbx with virtua cop 3 and demulshooter.

I configured DemulShooter for P1 by selecting the only mouse connected with the system.
Cxbx is ok.
Dx diag is correctly detecting buttons and movement, even though no cursor is displayed on screen but only values change for raw data.

When I start the game, key "1" acts as start button, thus DemulShooter is working. But cursor is absolutely dead, stuck in the top left corner.
Pressing mouse button 1 acts as trigger just the way it is supposed to do, sparkles included, but always in the top left corner.

Any idea please? What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Reading again the wiki, I see that launching dxdiag should show a crosshair. Mine isn't showing anything. Buttons are recognized no crosshair is moving. I can barely see it in the top left corner when launching dxdiag, but as soon as I select my mouse peripheral it disappears.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 10:27:00 am by jkl »

Zebra

• Offline Offline

Let me try that indeed good idea ... for alien esc works on the keyboard but i want to map it to a few button presses on my cab to exclude the use of a keyboard, i think i can do this using ahk but not sure how

If you use a UHID or UHID nano, you can assign any button to be a keyboard button as well as mouse and joypad buttons. It makes that sort of thing extra convenient.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Sorry to bother...
I'm trying to set up cxbx with virtua cop 3 and demulshooter.

I configured DemulShooter for P1 by selecting the only mouse connected with the system.
Cxbx is ok.
Dx diag is correctly detecting buttons and movement, even though no cursor is displayed on screen but only values change for raw data.

When I start the game, key "1" acts as start button, thus DemulShooter is working. But cursor is absolutely dead, stuck in the top left corner.
Pressing mouse button 1 acts as trigger just the way it is supposed to do, sparkles included, but always in the top left corner.

Any idea please? What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Reading again the wiki, I see that launching dxdiag should show a crosshair. Mine isn't showing anything. Buttons are recognized no crosshair is moving. I can barely see it in the top left corner when launching dxdiag, but as soon as I select my mouse peripheral it disappears.
Regular mouse won't work with Demulshooter.
They don't supply Absolute axis information, that's why you don't see any crosshair moving with Ds_Diag.