Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)  (Read 972073 times)

yid4lyf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:06:50 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)
« Reply #1560 on: January 21, 2019, 06:12:53 pm »
Hi everyone, with 39 pages perhaps I've missed something. M2 exmulator is working with 2x aimtraks. I'm not on to Atomiswave. Running demul .7 and demulshooter 8.5.2  Running Sport Shooter and then calibrating the guns, it seems that both players are controlled by the same input. IE my mouse, gun1 and gun2 are all moving the same crosshairs. Anyone have an idea as to where I should start? Thanks
It looks like the hook isn't properly done and both crosshairs are moved by window's mouse (and not the lightgun as I handle it)
Are you sure you are using the good release of Demul ? (demul07_180428.7z)

Hey Argon,  Please help. I have been working on this for over a week and I still cant get it to work right. I have DemulShooter working perfectly with model 2 but I cant get it to work with Demul. Both Guns are firing from the same input. I have checked the settings a million times and they are definitely right. How can I make the guns fire separately I.E P1 gun only uses P1 bullets as at the moment the guns are sharing bullets. I have no hair otherwise I would have pulled it all out by now. Please help hopefully its an easy fix and ive just overlooked something. I am running Demul in hyperspin and setting everything up in RocketLauncher. Demulshooter launches as normal in the background so I know ive got that right but I just cant get the guns to work separately.

Thankyou.
1) Same answer as above
2) Try to make DemulShooter work with the emulator without any frontend first. Then, only once you know it's working as you wish, you can try to find a way to run it with your frontend

I can get Demulshooter with teknoparrot to work fine,but when I try it with loader all rh  I can't get to work.I can't find anyone else having this problem,so it must an easy fix.
I don't know what GameLoader is doing/blocking so I won't be of any help here
I just know I never had any issue with older version of GameLoader I'm using for a couple of games
Argon you are an absolute LEGEND. Thankyou so much. You were right I was using the wrong version of Demul. They didn't have version demul07_180428 on their website but after a bit of searching I found it. All working perfect now. just another quick question. Is there a way of having crosshairs on the shooting games on demul as I play a lot with my 8 year old and she has trouble seeing where she is shooting.
Thanks again for your help Argon. Very appreciated.

MulletLife

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 23, 2019, 11:44:34 pm
Re: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)
« Reply #1561 on: January 23, 2019, 10:57:06 pm »
Thank you so much for the help. It looks like my initial problem has been solved by updating from 111117 to 180428. Didn't notice I was using the old version. I virus wiped out my exes so I just replaced from a backup and copied an old version. Great responses, and great response time. I'm happy to see this work (demulshooter) is still kept update and active in the community. Cheers everyone

yid4lyf

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1562 on: January 27, 2019, 02:12:56 am »
Hi Argon, I am running operation ghost with game loader all and it looks beautiful. Only problem im having is im using 2 aimtraks and I can shoot and reload but I cant change weapons. Are you able to tell me if there is a way to map a button for change weapon. Thanks again

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 06:21:46 am
« Reply #1563 on: January 27, 2019, 02:35:15 am »
Hi Argon, I am running operation ghost with game loader all and it looks beautiful. Only problem im having is im using 2 aimtraks and I can shoot and reload but I cant change weapons. Are you able to tell me if there is a way to map a button for change weapon. Thanks again
The change weapon button is Aimtrak middle click. If you just have a basic lightgun with only trigger connected to the Aimtrak circuit (and so, only have Leftclick/RightClick to affect to the trigger in the Aimtrak utility) you can set a virtual middle button in DemulShooter GUI for each player. This keyboard key will act as the player middle button

dgrace

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 09:22:25 am
« Reply #1564 on: January 27, 2019, 08:45:53 pm »
Looks like the latest CXBX fixed the annoying rattling in the first mission of VCOP3.  Argon, do you know if that game is doable yet to get both guns working in fullscreen? Thanks

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1565 on: January 29, 2019, 06:14:02 am »
Looks like the latest CXBX fixed the annoying rattling in the first mission of VCOP3.  Argon, do you know if that game is doable yet to get both guns working in fullscreen? Thanks
Indeed, it looks like the latest build corrected the audio loop from the 1st stage
That beeing said, nothing has changed on demulshooter's side as far as VCOP3 is concerned since the initial support, so the anwer is no

And even with a mouse or one gun, having a 800x600 window stretched to fill my the screen without beeing able to adjust the display ratio is not what I'd call "working"  ;)
I haven't tried DxWnd or any other trick to try to change the windowed mode to be bigger and better, maybe it could be a workaround. 
CxBx is still young, give it time to be better
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 06:18:16 am by argonlefou »

yid4lyf

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1566 on: January 29, 2019, 07:31:49 pm »
The change weapon button is Aimtrak middle click. If you just have a basic lightgun with only trigger connected to the Aimtrak circuit (and so, only have Leftclick/RightClick to affect to the trigger in the Aimtrak utility) you can set a virtual middle button in DemulShooter GUI for each player. This keyboard key will act as the player middle button

Thanks again Argon. I am really new to all of this as you have probably already figured out. I have the Aimtrak guns with the trigger and the 2 buttons on either side of the gun. Is it possible to program one of those buttons as the middle mouse button and if so how do I do that. Sorry for all the stupid questions.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1567 on: January 30, 2019, 02:21:49 am »

Thanks again Argon. I am really new to all of this as you have probably already figured out. I have the Aimtrak guns with the trigger and the 2 buttons on either side of the gun. Is it possible to program one of those buttons as the middle mouse button and if so how do I do that. Sorry for all the stupid questions.
Yes, you need to use the Aimtrak software. The one where you can choose your Gun ID and other parameters.
There you can set what action to do with any button on screen / out of screen
See https://www.ultimarc.com/aimtrak.html

yid4lyf

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1568 on: January 30, 2019, 04:48:27 am »
Hi Argon, I’m an idiot I didn’t even think of that. I’ve got it all working now. Thanks again

Yardley

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 20, 2023, 07:35:08 pm
« Reply #1569 on: February 02, 2019, 10:53:21 pm »
Hi Argon, I just want to say thanks for this awesome utility and the great documentation to go along with it. Often times that is the missing ingredient and you have nailed it.

Today I was configuring a few games and I noticed a problem with Sega Golden Gun. The trigger fires one shot at a time but my virtual middle button fires more like a machine gun. If I Play the game without Demulshooter (with a mouse), left click fires like a machine gun.  Which is correct?

yid4lyf

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1570 on: February 03, 2019, 04:54:42 am »
Hi Argon, I followed your instructions on how to get TARGET TERROR GOLD and I have got it working perfectly. my question is, is there a way to get the game to boot up through hyperspin/rocketlauncher without having to load VMware first. Thank you.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1571 on: February 03, 2019, 12:09:37 pm »
Hi Argon, I just want to say thanks for this awesome utility and the great documentation to go along with it. Often times that is the missing ingredient and you have nailed it.

Today I was configuring a few games and I noticed a problem with Sega Golden Gun. The trigger fires one shot at a time but my virtual middle button fires more like a machine gun. If I Play the game without Demulshooter (with a mouse), left click fires like a machine gun.  Which is correct?
Indeed, I blocked (on purpose) the "autofire" witth the left click but not with middle click (and so with the middle virtual button)
I didn't remember that....
Unfortunately I never had the chance to play the original arcade game so I won't be able to say if the "autofire" mode is legit or if it is a bug from teknoparrot input emulation

Hi Argon, I followed your instructions on how to get TARGET TERROR GOLD and I have got it working perfectly. my question is, is there a way to get the game to boot up through hyperspin/rocketlauncher without having to load VMware first. Thank you.
I don't know about hyperspin/rocketlauncher and how to do with them, but you can run the Virtual Machine directly with a single command:

C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware Workstation\vmrun -T ws start D:\RawThrill\TargetTerror\TargetTerrorGold.vmx

Just adapt the path for vmrun executable and your .vmx file for Target Terror

Yardley

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1572 on: February 03, 2019, 12:41:37 pm »
Indeed, I blocked (on purpose) the "autofire" witth the left click but not with middle click (and so with the middle virtual button)
Unfortunately I never had the chance to play the original arcade game so I won't be able to say if the "autofire" mode is legit or if it is a bug from teknoparrot input emulation

Ah makes sense, thanks! Would you ever consider adding an option for a virtual right button (same as the virtual middle button)? It would come in very handy for those of us who use other programs like Joy2key with front ends since the possibilities are endless by having the gun buttons assigned to joy inputs which can then have different profiles loaded with Joy2key on a per game basis.

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 24, 2024, 05:40:47 am
« Reply #1573 on: February 04, 2019, 01:38:16 pm »
don't you have problems with the guns ids when returning to the os? I noticed mame and supermodel are sensible to this, and I have read that there's a solution for mame, but do you know there's any for supermodel?

Yardley

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1574 on: February 04, 2019, 01:41:28 pm »
don't you have problems with the guns ids when returning to the os? I noticed mame and supermodel are sensible to this, and I have read that there's a solution for mame, but do you know there's any for supermodel?

There’s no solution for supermodel, I mentioned it to the devs and explained how the solution for MAME works and they were into it but I believe they said it’s difficult to implement and I don’t know that it will ever happen.

davidlinch

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 09, 2019, 04:27:49 am
« Reply #1575 on: February 04, 2019, 04:21:22 pm »
Hi there,

I've upgraded my demulshooter from version7.6 to 8.5.2, everything is working perfectly well ... except model2  :cry: both aim are stuck  ???

I'm on windows 8, i've 2xaimtrak on lcd screen 16:10 with resolution 1920x1200.

Please find my debug log attached

Thx

« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 04:26:23 pm by davidlinch »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1576 on: February 05, 2019, 03:24:39 am »
Ah makes sense, thanks! Would you ever consider adding an option for a virtual right button (same as the virtual middle button)? It would come in very handy for those of us who use other programs like Joy2key with front ends since the possibilities are endless by having the gun buttons assigned to joy inputs which can then have different profiles loaded with Joy2key on a per game basis.
Not for now, the virtual middle button was added because some aimtrak users only have 1 button (= the trigger) plugged on the board, and were limited to 2 mouse buttons in Aimtrak utility (trigger off screen / trigger on screen) while some games need a third one

For now, the right mouse is only for reload and fits perfectly with the off screen trigger, and everyone can use this.
It's not a "it will never happen" but right now I don't really see the point to have it on an external button, except if you have some "shotgun-cased-aimtrak" and want to reload it with pump action   :D

Hi there,

I've upgraded my demulshooter from version7.6 to 8.5.2, everything is working perfectly well ... except model2  :cry: both aim are stuck  ???

I'm on windows 8, i've 2xaimtrak on lcd screen 16:10 with resolution 1920x1200.

Please find my debug log attached

Thx
Hmmmm it's a weird bug I've never seen.
As always for model2 I'd tell to check if you're using the good release (1.1a) and the good command according to your emulator version (normal or multicpu)....but if it was working before I think you already got this right
I have really no idea...other than advising you to use  the older version of demulshooter you had (or by default demulshooter_7.6 max) just for model2

There were some changes in 7.6a /8.0 for model2 and that might be what is causing you troubles

I'll see if I can bypass this on the next release but you're the only one in the world so far who would be able to tell  :D
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 03:28:41 am by argonlefou »

davidlinch

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1577 on: February 05, 2019, 04:07:57 am »
Thx Argon, let me know if you want me to test something for next release.

For the moment like you said, I'm still using 7.6 for model 2 and last release for the rest.

During my test on model2 , I've started with last version of demulshooter 8.5.2 and decreased version by version, and the first working version was 7.6a

Yardley

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1578 on: February 05, 2019, 08:06:56 am »
For now, the right mouse is only for reload and fits perfectly with the off screen trigger, and everyone can use this.
It's not a "it will never happen" but right now I don't really see the point to have it on an external button, except if you have some "shotgun-cased-aimtrak" and want to reload it with pump action   :D

The only game I can't play properly is Aliens Extermination since it uses left click - trigger, middle click grenade and right click flame thrower. I've got the usual on screen left trigger and off screen right click and my buttons are assigned to joy inputs. My left button fires the grenade through the use of the virtual middle button but the right button is the flame thrower in this game and I've got no way to assign that to anything unless I change one of the buttons to right click but that would mess up other games for me. Unless I'm doing something wrong?

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1579 on: February 05, 2019, 11:09:02 am »

The only game I can't play properly is Aliens Extermination since it uses left click - trigger, middle click grenade and right click flame thrower. I've got the usual on screen left trigger and off screen right click and my buttons are assigned to joy inputs. My left button fires the grenade through the use of the virtual middle button but the right button is the flame thrower in this game and I've got no way to assign that to anything unless I change one of the buttons to right click but that would mess up other games for me. Unless I'm doing something wrong?
This is a good point  :)
You did nothing wrong, this was the only way I could affect the buttons. Chossing between using grenades  or flamethrower. Flamethrower can't really be used with an Aimtrak as the right click is off-screen and so won't aim at ennemies. Wiimote's or gamepad user (I'm mostly using a gamepad to debug/develop) can
This is one of the few games having this kind of issue (Gundam being another one with all the controls with mines, canon, etc....)

Virtual right click button would help in this case for Aimtrak users, I do totally agree

And I know an even better solution would be to add a config system so that anyone would be able to choose what to do with left/middle/right mouse button for each game but that.....is another and much more complicated story  ;D

yid4lyf

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1580 on: February 05, 2019, 07:12:01 pm »

I don't know about hyperspin/rocketlauncher and how to do with them, but you can run the Virtual Machine directly with a single command:

C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware Workstation\vmrun -T ws start D:\RawThrill\TargetTerror\TargetTerrorGold.vmx

Just adapt the path for vmrun executable and your .vmx file for Target Terror

Hi Argon I did what you said and I get a window quickly flash up on the screen then nothing. I have a couple of pics to show you. I don't know what im doing wrong. The first pic is of my ahk file and the second pic is the window that quickly flashes up then disappears. Thanks again

Yardley

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1581 on: February 05, 2019, 07:25:02 pm »
This is a good point  :)
You did nothing wrong, this was the only way I could affect the buttons. Chossing between using grenades  or flamethrower. Flamethrower can't really be used with an Aimtrak as the right click is off-screen and so won't aim at ennemies. Wiimote's or gamepad user (I'm mostly using a gamepad to debug/develop) can
This is one of the few games having this kind of issue (Gundam being another one with all the controls with mines, canon, etc....)

Virtual right click button would help in this case for Aimtrak users, I do totally agree

And I know an even better solution would be to add a config system so that anyone would be able to choose what to do with left/middle/right mouse button for each game but that.....is another and much more complicated story  ;D

That flame thrower is badass haha.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1582 on: February 06, 2019, 03:43:27 am »

Hi Argon I did what you said and I get a window quickly flash up on the screen then nothing. I have a couple of pics to show you. I don't know what im doing wrong. The first pic is of my ahk file and the second pic is the window that quickly flashes up then disappears. Thanks again
If you're using AHK you have to make sure there is no spaces is the command line, and another thing is that you have to add a second parameter to force the program to run in it's own folder. I'm not at home to test with my WMware but you should try  something like this :
Code: [Select]
Run, "C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware Workstation\vmrun" -T ws start  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Target Terror Gold\target terror.vmx",  C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware Workstation\or
Run, C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware Workstation\vmrun -T ws start  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Target Terror Gold\target terror.vmx",  C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware Workstation\
and check the path from above exemples, I made a copy from your screens, but I make sure I didn't make any typo in text
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 03:45:35 am by argonlefou »

yid4lyf

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1583 on: February 06, 2019, 06:10:37 am »

If you're using AHK you have to make sure there is no spaces is the command line, and another thing is that you have to add a second parameter to force the program to run in it's own folder. I'm not at home to test with my WMware but you should try  something like this :
Run, "C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware Workstation\vmrun" -T ws start  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Target Terror Gold\target terror.vmx",  C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware Workstation\or
Run, C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware Workstation\vmrun -T ws start  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Target Terror Gold\target terror.vmx",  C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware Workstation\
and check the path from above exemples, I made a copy from your screens, but I make sure I didn't make any typo in text

Once again Argon you are a champion. It worked perfectly. I can now run it through rocketlauncher for Hyperspin. Thanks to you I am slowly making my arcade cabinet one of the best around HAHAHA. I wanted to ask you have silent hill the arcade game working for windows 10. I know it wont work on windows 10 but I have heard of people running it through VM Ware on windows 10 by making a windows 7 virtual machine. Have you heard anything about this and if so do you know how I could get this to run. Thanks Again

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1584 on: February 06, 2019, 07:22:01 am »

Once again Argon you are a champion. It worked perfectly. I can now run it through rocketlauncher for Hyperspin. Thanks to you I am slowly making my arcade cabinet one of the best around HAHAHA. I wanted to ask you have silent hill the arcade game working for windows 10. I know it wont work on windows 10 but I have heard of people running it through VM Ware on windows 10 by making a windows 7 virtual machine. Have you heard anything about this and if so do you know how I could get this to run. Thanks Again
My lightgun computer is still running Win7 but just as you, I've heard that a win7 VM should work for Win10. I think a WInXp VM should even be better (lighter/faster and the game is for WinXp originally)

I've another HDD to set up with Win10 in the future (mostly for Lindbergh use) but for now I didn't do any VM for Silent Hill

Basically you just have to create a VM, install win7 and then install Silent Hill as you would on a normal computer.
Then use the guide on this forum to remove any trace of window7 during the startup of your VM (http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,148050.0.html) and start it like the others with AHK
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 07:24:51 am by argonlefou »

DMB77

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 11:01:19 am
« Reply #1585 on: February 08, 2019, 02:01:27 pm »
I have Windows 7 on my cab as well.  I had Silent Hill the Arcade running fine natively (in Win7) but got to a point in the game where there was a hidden enemy that I couldn't kill so I just kept dying and couldn't advance.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I grabbed a few different versions of the game, and read multiple threads but never found a solution.  Sad because this is one of my favorite shooting games.
Fate flies in fear of the moment

Atrain9

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 25, 2019, 08:18:22 pm
« Reply #1586 on: February 12, 2019, 02:19:14 pm »
Hello I was wondering if anyone coud assist me with HOTD4 (win10 nvidia card) that I have working on gameloader all rh (newest version).  For some reason I am able to start game and control the crosshair but I am unable to fire or shoot grenade ....basically trigger isnt working???  Demulshooter (newsest version)is setup and working in background but im unable to play game :(        any help would be great friends !!!!!  Thanks

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1587 on: February 13, 2019, 05:11:49 am »
Hello I was wondering if anyone coud assist me with HOTD4 (win10 nvidia card) that I have working on gameloader all rh (newest version).  For some reason I am able to start game and control the crosshair but I am unable to fire or shoot grenade ....basically trigger isnt working???  Demulshooter (newsest version)is setup and working in background but im unable to play game :(        any help would be great friends !!!!!  Thanks
Did you try without gameloader ?
You can also run demulshooter with the -v command and join the debug.txt here

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 24, 2024, 05:40:47 am
« Reply #1588 on: February 13, 2019, 01:46:27 pm »
Maybe Teknoparrot version? I think I tested Hod4 with Demulshooter and worked with 1.81 but didnt with 1.86.

Atrain9

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 25, 2019, 08:18:22 pm
« Reply #1589 on: February 13, 2019, 05:22:13 pm »
Thanks for the help guys !  Would anyone be able to provide a copy of TP 1.81 ...I have all other builds but that one!!!  Thanks this way i can test HOTD4 with 1.81:)

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1590 on: February 14, 2019, 07:33:44 am »
Indeed, newer Teknoparrot builds changed things and HOTD4 is not working anymore with mouseenabler/demulshooter
As nothing has changed (I'm speaking about sound bugs in game) regarding the emulation quality, I won't change it untill the whole thing gets better so you might want to keep using 1.81 for HOTD4
Thanks for the info, I'll add a note in the wiki  ;)

And here's a small update :
Demulshooter v8.5.3 :
- Added "Virtual Right Click" key for every player. Be sure to go to the GUI, set them and save befire using the feature

Yardley

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1591 on: February 14, 2019, 07:45:23 am »

Demulshooter v8.5.3 :
- Added "Virtual Right Click" key for every player. Be sure to go to the GUI, set them and save befire using the feature

Thanks Argon! This is awesome.

davidlinch

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1592 on: February 15, 2019, 03:52:16 pm »
Demulshooter v8.5.3 :

Still have same issue on M2 (don't know if you've tried to implement a fix on this version)

Bojo5150

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 11, 2022, 12:07:28 pm
« Reply #1593 on: February 16, 2019, 11:54:05 am »
There was a question earlier in this thread that doesn’t look like it’s been answered. Much like the other user I have 3 kids under 10 that use my cab and I would like to turn on crosshairs for the Naomi / Atomiswave games. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks for all your help in advance!

punkdark2000

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 28, 2024, 06:27:43 am
« Reply #1594 on: February 16, 2019, 11:03:46 pm »
I recently got my 2 gun, and I started using the demulshooter to set up my arcade games. I was able to successfully configure model2, supermodel, teknoparrot and pc games and demul but you're finding it difficult to configure the following 3 games:
Gundam Zion - using the demulshooter + gameloader + dual screen the game closes alone on the start screen, without the demulshooter it normally works but the second player does not run.
Gaia Attack - I followed the guidelines of the guide but leaving the 2 options in the 0 as it is requested the game does not open, leaving with the option 1 the game opens but the guns do not work.
Ninja Assault Demul - The game does not open the test so I can set the 2 gun. I'm at win10. Have you ever been able to solve these problems?

With the help of Dgrace, I managed to solve the problem of ninja assault in the demul, missing only the other 2 games.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 07:55:44 am by punkdark2000 »

yid4lyf

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1595 on: February 18, 2019, 09:58:39 pm »
Hi Argon, Will Demulshooter work with any PC gun game. For example I have "Blue Estate" and "HOTD Overkill" and I would love to play these with 2 guns. If so how would I go about doing so. Would it just be a case of running the game as "DemulShooter.exe -target=windows -rom=exe name". Thanks Again.

gstav

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 08, 2024, 09:42:01 am
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,157861.0.html
« Reply #1596 on: February 18, 2019, 11:14:55 pm »
You can use custom crosshair in RocketLauncher, that would work. Right click, game options and the custom on mouse. You have to place your own aim cursor in correct folder in media. I did a thread aboth it in the RL forums. :)

:angry:
There was a question earlier in this thread that doesn’t look like it’s been answered. Much like the other user I have 3 kids under 10 that use my cab and I would like to turn on crosshairs for the Naomi / Atomiswave games. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks for all your help in advance!
"One coin to rule em' all"

a5608498

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 12, 2024, 12:13:43 pm
« Reply #1597 on: February 19, 2019, 06:02:29 am »
Virtua Cop 3 with:

DemulShooter_v8.5.2

Cxbx-Reloaded
Version cd442dbf (Feb 15 2019)

USB Mouse

Cursor getting stuck on upper left corner after firing any shot.

Do you know what is the key for service and test button?

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1598 on: February 19, 2019, 07:38:52 am »
Still have same issue on M2 (don't know if you've tried to implement a fix on this version)
No I just pushed a quick change
I'll look at your issue in a close future, I just need a little more free time these days  :D

Hi Argon, Will Demulshooter work with any PC gun game. For example I have "Blue Estate" and "HOTD Overkill" and I would love to play these with 2 guns. If so how would I go about doing so. Would it just be a case of running the game as "DemulShooter.exe -target=windows -rom=exe name". Thanks Again.
No it won't.
House of the dead overkill has no local multiplayer, the only way is online multiplayer
Blue Estate on the other side has a good working local multiplayer (with a gamepad as P2) but is pain in the ass to hack for dual lightgun

I recently got my 2 gun, and I started using the demulshooter to set up my arcade games. I was able to successfully configure model2, supermodel, teknoparrot and pc games and demul but you're finding it difficult to configure the following 3 games:
Gundam Zion - using the demulshooter + gameloader + dual screen the game closes alone on the start screen, without the demulshooter it normally works but the second player does not run.
Gaia Attack - I followed the guidelines of the guide but leaving the 2 options in the 0 as it is requested the game does not open, leaving with the option 1 the game opens but the guns do not work.
Ninja Assault Demul - The game does not open the test so I can set the 2 gun. I'm at win10. Have you ever been able to solve these problems?

With the help of Dgrace, I managed to solve the problem of ninja assault in the demul, missing only the other 2 games.
I don't know if Gundam or Gaia Attack are working with win10. I'll test them later this week
I'll give you CRC check for gundam exe file to be used : if you are using a different version it could be messed up with demulshooter memory hack
Same thing for Gaia Attack
But this one should be playable with a mouse with the ini file configured as said in the wiki (without demulshooter)

punkdark2000

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 28, 2024, 06:27:43 am
« Reply #1599 on: February 19, 2019, 09:56:37 am »
Thanks a lot for the answer argonlefou, the Gaia Attack managed to make it work was an issue in the minigun.ini file. Now the Gundam even commented a video of you on youtube that you show the Gundam running with the 2 screen, what happens in win10 is that when I run the game together with the demulshooter it opens and at the start screen it closes, without the demulshooter it works normally. Another issue when I run the house of dead 3 with the demulshooter it works fine, but when I call it from my frontend (Advmenu) it does not work, when I shoot with gun2 the gun1 also fires. I could not understand the problem since I run it through a .bat file
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 10:00:22 am by punkdark2000 »