Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)  (Read 976453 times)

MydknyteStyrm

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2024, 12:19:41 pm
  • Makeup FX Gamer
Re: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)
« Reply #1480 on: December 10, 2018, 03:00:28 pm »
Hey guys Im having trouble with Ninja Assault. I can get DemulShooter 7.4 to work with my setup (HS and RL) but I can't reload on Ninja Assault. Using Demul 111117. When I tried the newest DemulShooter 8.4, I could reload in Assault, but I wouldnt be able to use both guns separately. Also, I couldnt use 8.4 with HOTD or ConfMiss, wouldnt separate guns. Any thoughts? Thanks! :dizzy:

xbrunox

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 01:48:30 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)
« Reply #1481 on: December 10, 2018, 03:58:09 pm »
Hi everyone.
I have a problem with lets go island. I configured it to work with the demulshooter and I can play with my 2 wiimotes. I do not understand however what I should press when I see the 2 arrows turn and appears on the monitor to press the pink button and the blue button.

I only have the second button on the wiimote (is seen from the dolphinbar as a mouse with 2 keys) I have to enable the third fake mouse button?

from the demulshooter guide it would not look like:
lgi Trigger TriggerR TriggerR

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 10:03:12 am
« Reply #1482 on: December 10, 2018, 06:01:31 pm »
Hey guys Im having trouble with Ninja Assault. I can get DemulShooter 7.4 to work with my setup (HS and RL) but I can't reload on Ninja Assault. Using Demul 111117. When I tried the newest DemulShooter 8.4, I could reload in Assault, but I wouldnt be able to use both guns separately. Also, I couldnt use 8.4 with HOTD or ConfMiss, wouldnt separate guns. Any thoughts? Thanks! :dizzy:
You need the latest Demul, which is Demul 0.7a 180428

Hi everyone.
I have a problem with lets go island. I configured it to work with the demulshooter and I can play with my 2 wiimotes. I do not understand however what I should press when I see the 2 arrows turn and appears on the monitor to press the pink button and the blue button.

I only have the second button on the wiimote (is seen from the dolphinbar as a mouse with 2 keys) I have to enable the third fake mouse button?

from the demulshooter guide it would not look like:
lgi Trigger TriggerR TriggerR
You mean like at the end of the Octopus Boss ? It's the START button you need to press at the right time

xbrunox

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1483 on: December 11, 2018, 04:04:44 am »

You mean like at the end of the Octopus Boss ? It's the START button you need to press at the right time

YES! thanks argon!

voradori

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 04, 2019, 11:08:59 am
« Reply #1484 on: December 13, 2018, 08:40:46 am »
Hi guys.

I can't make work off-screen reloading in SM2 Emulator with Demulshooter.
Using Wiimote gun setup, Demulshooter's gun axes are set as XInput Rstick
Additional soft like RamjetM2Borderless does not help.

Did anyone managed to do this, or it's a waste of time and I should put up and use button reloading?
----------------
My channel
with Wiimote Lightgun setups and playthroughs

hyo2012

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 07, 2024, 05:24:10 am
« Reply #1485 on: December 13, 2018, 11:21:08 am »
Hi Argon. I have a problem.

In Hod2 Pc version,

I can't reload 1p gun. Keyboard Right control key does reload, but when I push aimtrak button which assigned to mouse right click, happen nothing.

1p gun trigger and 2p gun is works well.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 11:22:47 am by hyo2012 »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1486 on: December 13, 2018, 03:31:57 pm »
Hi Argon. I have a problem.

In Hod2 Pc version,

I can't reload 1p gun. Keyboard Right control key does reload, but when I push aimtrak button which assigned to mouse right click, happen nothing.

1p gun trigger and 2p gun is works well.
I don't know what to say...never had any issue with it on any PC I tested
Just played right now and it's still working well (reloading with middle or right mouse)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 03:33:30 pm by argonlefou »

xbrunox

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1487 on: December 15, 2018, 08:57:28 am »
Hi Argon I'm using demulshooter for LGI and for Operation Ghost, I launch them from gameloader all RH. everything works fine but when I play often the window does not remain in the foreground and if I move on the edge I see the application bar that is set to disappear automatically appear. It only happens to me when I use the demulshooter.
do you have some advice?

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1488 on: December 18, 2018, 08:02:54 am »
Hi Argon I'm using demulshooter for LGI and for Operation Ghost, I launch them from gameloader all RH. everything works fine but when I play often the window does not remain in the foreground and if I move on the edge I see the application bar that is set to disappear automatically appear. It only happens to me when I use the demulshooter.
do you have some advice?
Hi,
I'm not using GameLoader All Rh except for 3 games (Gundam, silent hill, Operation Ghost) but never had any issue with it. I'm not really sure what the app is doing exactly....the only way DemulShooter would be concerned by what you are saying is that it's creating an icon in the systray but it's not animating it after the start, so nothing should change AFTER demulshooter has started (like lloosing focus because the systray icon has changed or something like that)

As a side note, if you are using game loader because of LGI resolution issue, you can use LGI 3D which is 1080p compatible and runs fine without gameloader
I don't think there is a solution for a fullscreen Operation Ghost without the gameloader though ( I mean, there are some solutions but not as user friendy as this one)

mitsurugi

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2020, 01:46:41 pm
« Reply #1489 on: December 18, 2018, 11:14:38 pm »
Hi.

Thanks for demulshooter!! is really good.

Maybe could you take a look to ssf saturn emulator????? It has mouse support, but only works with real mouse.. I have connected aimtraks, and don't work fine...

Could be great play policenauts with aimtrak.

Thanks.

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 24, 2024, 05:40:47 am
« Reply #1490 on: December 19, 2018, 08:22:27 am »
Mednafen saturn works with lightguns, and I have read some ss libretro core too

xbrunox

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1491 on: December 19, 2018, 10:53:10 am »
Hi,
I'm not using GameLoader All Rh except for 3 games (Gundam, silent hill, Operation Ghost) but never had any issue with it. I'm not really sure what the app is doing exactly....the only way DemulShooter would be concerned by what you are saying is that it's creating an icon in the systray but it's not animating it after the start, so nothing should change AFTER demulshooter has started (like lloosing focus because the systray icon has changed or something like that)

As a side note, if you are using game loader because of LGI resolution issue, you can use LGI 3D which is 1080p compatible and runs fine without gameloader
I don't think there is a solution for a fullscreen Operation Ghost without the gameloader though ( I mean, there are some solutions but not as user friendy as this one)

Hi Argon.
thanks as always for your availability.
as for LGI I solved as you said, even if the sound of LGI seemed much better than the sound of LGI3D.
unfortunately for OG I have no alternative to loader RH.
In fact, I run all the arcade PG games on my arcade cabinet with a CRT monitor at 25 Khz. I also tried to use DXWND, but unfortunately I can not adapt to full screen OG as does the RH loader.

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1492 on: December 22, 2018, 11:32:03 am »
Hi, for Og I modified the resoluyion hex values of the exe to display at 640x240 and used ahk to create a fullscreen window. Sometimes it doesnt launch correctly and shows an extrange error, but most of times works

xbrunox

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1493 on: December 23, 2018, 02:41:43 am »
Hi, for Og I modified the resoluyion hex values of the exe to display at 640x240 and used ahk to create a fullscreen window. Sometimes it doesnt launch correctly and shows an extrange error, but most of times works

Hi phasermatic. Pls can u explain how have u do it?

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1494 on: December 23, 2018, 05:15:21 am »
The game resolution seems to be 1024x600.
In hex values, 1024->0004 and 600->5802.
640->8002 and 240->F000.
I used an hex editor to open the exe, and searched an offset where 0004 abd 5802 were close, supposing they were resolution related values.
Horizontal Res:
Change 0004 by 8002
001119d0, 001119e0
00111a40

Vertical Res:
Change 5802 by F000
001119e0
00111a60

Once modified the exe with the new resolution, used ahk to modify window style:

WinMove,0, 20,
WinSet, Style, -0xc40000, ahk_exe gs2.exe,

On the other hand, for me, the game seems not to launch correctly in resolutions lower than 640x480.
So I use a resolution changer program to switch to 640x480 before starting the game, and once started, go to 640x240
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 05:21:39 am by phasermaniac »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1495 on: December 23, 2018, 05:22:55 am »
Hmmm I'm looking at the game's code (Don't know why I didn't tried before)

I may be able to create a patcher to properly change the game's resolution. It turns out that fullscreen mode is simply a topmost maximized window so....I'll keep you informed

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1496 on: December 23, 2018, 08:37:28 am »
Ok, you may want to try this little app I just made

1 - Open the gs2.ini file and make sure you set "FullScreen" to "0"
2 - Run OpGhost_ResChanger, and select the "gs2.exe" you want to edit
2 - Fill X and Y values for your desired resolution
3 - Patch and enjoy !

I tried it on a couple of PC and different resolution, the game runs fine without the Game Loader with no error so far (even in 640x240  :D)
Keep in mind this is just a TopMost window without any decoration so it really feels like a real Fullscreen but, technically, it's not

Beware, if you run it with GameLoader, it changes the Fullscreen parameter to "1" automatically so you have to set it back to "0" if you want to reuse the gs2.exe alone later

PS: sources will be put on github later
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 08:40:40 am by argonlefou »

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1497 on: December 23, 2018, 01:21:45 pm »
seems to work perfect for me

xbrunox

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1498 on: December 24, 2018, 02:39:00 am »
Argon! Phaser! THANKS A LOT!

dgrace

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:49:26 am
« Reply #1499 on: December 24, 2018, 12:29:49 pm »
The OG res patcher looks awesome. Can't wait to try this week.  Thank you. On a side note, HOTD4 public support was just released today for Teknoparrot. I honestly haven't even tested yet to see if Reaver fixed the mouse calibration for HOT4 in test menu (before it would calibrate in test menu but unfortunately your calibration settings wouldn't translate over in game after exiting test menu, so the gun cursor was all off in game .... also vsync wasn't enabled so the speed was a bit too fast ... and a few minor audio glitches), but if you had time this week, it would be awesome and much appreciated if you could take a crack at it.  Been waiting a long time to play that game in 2 player and it's not very playable in rpcs3 (at least for me and my graphics card).  Thanks Argon.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 12:31:22 pm by dgrace »

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1500 on: December 24, 2018, 01:28:45 pm »
sorry Dgrace do you know how to extract the "dvp-0003b.raw" file?

dgrace

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1501 on: December 24, 2018, 01:35:47 pm »
sorry Dgrace do you know how to extract the "dvp-0003b.raw" file?

Sorry, not sure what that is.

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1502 on: December 24, 2018, 01:36:56 pm »
It's the image I downloaded for hod4, I thought it was the only one

dgrace

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1503 on: December 24, 2018, 01:39:53 pm »
It's the image I downloaded for hod4, I thought it was the only one

Not sure. Sorry. It's been a while since I extracted that file. Will test later tonight.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1504 on: December 24, 2018, 07:02:34 pm »
The OG res patcher looks awesome. Can't wait to try this week.  Thank you. On a side note, HOTD4 public support was just released today for Teknoparrot. I honestly haven't even tested yet to see if Reaver fixed the mouse calibration for HOT4 in test menu (before it would calibrate in test menu but unfortunately your calibration settings wouldn't translate over in game after exiting test menu, so the gun cursor was all off in game .... also vsync wasn't enabled so the speed was a bit too fast ... and a few minor audio glitches), but if you had time this week, it would be awesome and much appreciated if you could take a crack at it.  Been waiting a long time to play that game in 2 player and it's not very playable in rpcs3 (at least for me and my graphics card).  Thanks Argon.
Unfortunately you'll have to wait a bit longer, I won't be at home and will not have any access to my Win10 drive to work on Teknopparot/Lindbergh
At first sight, it looks like Player 2 is kind of not activated in the game, Teknoparrots controls work well in Test menu but 2P buttons are not responding in game, this will take time to find out

Anyway, untill then, we can still play it (solo) with this update  ;)

DemulShooter v8.5.0
- Added preliminary support for HOTD4 with Teknoparrot/Lindbergh

How to :
1) In teknoparrot HOTD4 game options, check the "offscreen reload hack"
2) Run DemulShooter BEFORE Teknoparrot (Don't know why but writing in the game's memory a while after it has started make it crash )
Demulshooter.exe -target=lindbergh -rom=hotd4
3) Play. No need for calibration

Left click = Shoot
Right Click = Reload
Middle Click = Grenade

So far I can only test it on one computer. Worked well windowed/fullscreen

dgrace

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1505 on: December 24, 2018, 11:50:16 pm »
Thanks Argon for being all over this. I'm struggling to get HOTD4 to recognize demulshooter for some strange reason.  A few questions.
1. Do you check the box in emulation settings "Use mouse for gun games.?"
2. What do you use as the start button to launch game? If I set keyboard keys via direct input for start it doesn't work in game. Do you have to add a parameter -budgieloader (similar to adding -parrotloader with the ringedge games)?.
3. So, you launch demulshooter and then launch TP UI and then HOTD4?
4. Which elf file are you using? I'm using "hod4Mn_HD"
Thanks

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1506 on: December 25, 2018, 03:46:37 am »
Thanks Argon for being all over this. I'm struggling to get HOTD4 to recognize demulshooter for some strange reason.  A few questions.
1. Do you check the box in emulation settings "Use mouse for gun games.?"
2. What do you use as the start button to launch game? If I set keyboard keys via direct input for start it doesn't work in game. Do you have to add a parameter -budgieloader (similar to adding -parrotloader with the ringedge games)?.
3. So, you launch demulshooter and then launch TP UI and then HOTD4?
4. Which elf file are you using? I'm using "hod4Mn_HD"
Thanks
No this was my fault, I forgot to try after a few reboots to see if memory region was changing or not. I had the same issue this morning, so this update should correct the bug and work better

As for your questions:
1) and 2) : You can check or uncheck the "use mouse for gun games" option, it doesn't matter for Demulshootter. But it seems that checking it force start button to [1] Key of keyboard and to Right-Click of your mouse. I unchecked it and all inputs I have choosen in Teknoparrot game's Input MApping are working fine (at least on Test menu, in-game only P1 buttons are working)

3) Basically yes, for debug purposes. I've yet to try the usual AHK script but it should be OK with the first command running Demulshooter then the second running "Teknoparrotui.exe --profile=HOTD4.xml" to run the game directly

4) I think I tested all of them, didn't see any differences and they were all working

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1507 on: December 25, 2018, 06:20:47 am »
Amazing! I wanted to test it, but I dont find any way to resize Hod4. I wanted to display at 640x240 or 640x480, any tip?

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1508 on: December 25, 2018, 10:42:27 am »
Not really,  just tested it with teknoparrot in windowed/fullscreen mode (which is something like 1024x768 maybe ?)
Didn't have time to test dxwnd or anything like that

dgrace

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1509 on: December 25, 2018, 02:16:09 pm »
Ok, after an hour of trying to figure out why my Aimtrak wasn't hooking when playing HOTD4, I realized I had TP exe. set to run as administrator and that's what causing the problem.  Once I removed that, it ran flawlessly. Can't wait for 2p to work.  Thanks again Argon for this awesome Xmas gift. Just finished stage 4 before I had to take an important phone call:).

xbrunox

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1510 on: December 25, 2018, 03:14:23 pm »
Does hod4 works on windows7 64 bit?..... not for me....

dgrace

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1511 on: December 25, 2018, 03:24:24 pm »
Does hod4 works on windows7 64 bit?..... not for me....

Not sure. I'm using Win10.  Did you make sure your Teknoparrot exe isn't set to run as administrator?

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1512 on: December 25, 2018, 03:41:44 pm »
Lindbergh emulation isn't working with win7 for now

dgrace

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1513 on: December 25, 2018, 04:16:43 pm »
Hey Argon, I finally got a chance to try Manic Panic Ghost and am struggling to get both guns to connect.  I'm using the latest Demul 180428 and demulshooter v_8.5.1 and the following parameter "Demulshooter.exe -target=demul07a -rom=manicpnc -noresize -widescreen -v"

Both guns are connected and recognized in the demul diag.exe.  I believe in an earlier post you said you couldn't calibrate guns in Manic Panic Ghost.  The maple device Manager in demul has both Port A and Port B set to keyboard. Any help, as always, is much appreciated.  Thank you

Update: Nevermind, I just removed the -noresize and-widescreen and -v and it worked fine.  When do we need those parameters? Are they only necessary for certain games? Thanks

Side Question: I noticed in Manic Panic Ghost's test menu, it had the option to go up to 4 players. Do you know if that is possible? I'm just curious because I have 3 aimtraks and am looking for more games to add my 3-4 player gun wheel.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 06:23:55 pm by dgrace »

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1514 on: December 25, 2018, 04:17:48 pm »
I have tried to resize hod4 with dxwnd and autosizer but no way.
Maybe with an hex editor? How may I know which offset to modify?
The game seems to display at 1280x768 -> 0005x0003

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1515 on: December 25, 2018, 07:17:36 pm »

Update: Nevermind, I just removed the -noresize and-widescreen and -v and it worked fine.  When do we need those parameters? Are they only necessary for certain games? Thanks
Noresize is for Demul's issue going from fullscreen to windowed mode when you shoot on the upper left corner. Don't know if it's still occuring with latest release, but it has nothing to do with the guns
Widescreen is to change the 3D rendering to 16:9 instead of original 4:3 but causes some graphical bugs with 2D items not beeing stretch. And it's only working with some games as memory values to change are game specific. I haven't added a game for a long time but you can use the option anyway without any risks : it will be discarded if not needed
-v is to make a debug file for....well debugging purpose. Do NOT use this when you play normaly as the debug file could be huge in size, and it may cause issue because there are a lot of disks access to write data and it may slow down the process and make you think it's not working good

Side Question: I noticed in Manic Panic Ghost's test menu, it had the option to go up to 4 players. Do you know if that is possible? I'm just curious because I have 3 aimtraks and am looking for more games to add my 3-4 player gun wheel.
Never saw any reference of this in the game manual, the code or any picture
The options you see in the SYSTEM menu are generic options for the cab, it's not in the GAME specific TEST MODE
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 07:21:10 pm by argonlefou »

MrLightgun

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 04, 2022, 10:38:07 pm
« Reply #1516 on: December 27, 2018, 02:52:46 am »
Thank you Argon for sorting House Of The Dead 4 support so quickly  :notworthy:

Atrain9

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 25, 2019, 08:18:22 pm
« Reply #1517 on: December 27, 2018, 03:31:39 pm »
Hello , Would anyone be able to assist me in making a .bat file to run demulshooter automatically before a particular game say for instance :

to run demulshooter with TP sega golden guns?

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1518 on: December 28, 2018, 12:55:27 pm »
Have found you can get Hod4 working 640x480 editing any .elf with an hex editor and changing all 000500000003 (the original 1280x768 resolution) by 80020000e001 (640x480). But I cant make it work for 640x240

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1519 on: December 28, 2018, 01:05:38 pm »
Hello , Would anyone be able to assist me in making a .bat file to run demulshooter automatically before a particular game say for instance :

to run demulshooter with TP sega golden guns?

I have not used it yet, but I suppose:
START c:\pathToDemulshooter\Demulshooter.exe -target=lindbergh -rom=hotd4
START c:\pathToTeknoparrot\Teknoparrotui.exe --profile=HOTD4.xml