Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)  (Read 976252 times)

mickael28

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 01, 2020, 07:56:15 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)
« Reply #1160 on: February 17, 2018, 10:57:11 pm »
Do you know what else I could try pls?

It seems the main problem was that both, Game Loader All RH and Demulshooter, have to be launch as Administrator. And if Demulshooter is running and I changed any setting in Game Loader, it seems that sometimes it was not taking the changes into account until stopped and relaunched.

But adding the information about launching the Exes as Administrator in the PDF might be useful for future users.

Thanks for the work!

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 24, 2024, 05:40:47 am
Re: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)
« Reply #1161 on: February 20, 2018, 10:04:38 am »
I found Elevator action Death parade is playable 1p.

I tested it tonight, and for me, it crashes even in windowed mode in  the "LOADING GAME" screen in two different pcs, both with ati cards.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 04:57:15 pm by phasermaniac »

adreus

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 01, 2019, 12:53:18 pm
« Reply #1162 on: February 20, 2018, 06:55:01 pm »
Sorry to be a bother once again. loving the tool, threw it on another computer windows 10 based im not home alot so this is my on the go pc (the windows 7 i set up for permanent use knowing some games are win 7 only)

And im encountering a hooking issue again with operation ghost and lets go island. i made sure UAC was disabled as that was my solution last time. I have tested other games and they hooked fine, (aliens, golden gun, haunted museum)

Im running operation ghost standalone with game loader rh 296 and for Lets go island its rh 296 through tekno parrot. 

Thanks is advance for any help and or suggestions and thanks again for the amaing work Argon.  ;D

Just double checked fearland because it had this issue to before and it is also affected and not hooking trying both the taito and global command settings detailed in the manual.

FIXED by running demulshooter as admin
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 10:48:03 pm by adreus »

mickael28

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1163 on: February 22, 2018, 06:42:47 pm »
Do you guys know why this could be happening?
I am trying to launch 'Game All Loader RH 296 => Teknoparrot 1.35 => Let's go Island' and play with 2 players.

I've tried configuring Teknoparrot as DInput (and use keyboard keys) or Xinput (and mapped the corresponding buttons in my Wiimotes in this case with Touchmote) for mapping the inputs of Start and Coins. Then I removed the option of Free Play as well.

When I launch the game however through Game Loader, the Free Play option is still there, the 'Coin 1' option just works on my keyboard in both cases (regardless if I've selected DInput or XInput in Teknoparrot) and 'Coin 2' doesn't work in any case. It seems as if the options I'm setting in Teknoparrot are ignored.

I tried launching Demulshooter with the option of -parrotloader and in that case I can use Key number 2 for starting the 2nd player. The problem is that in that game there are areas where one needs to press Start button as part of the game, so I'd prefer if I can press those buttons from the Wiimotes rather than having to walk to the keyboard for that.

Any idea why I could be having this problem? Where the Teknoparrot options seem to be ignored and a second player cannot start? :S

mickael28

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1164 on: February 23, 2018, 05:17:23 pm »
Another doubt. Is it possible to invert the Y-axis somehow in Demulshooter, so that when I move my left stick down the cursor on the screen moves up instead?

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 08:39:52 am
« Reply #1165 on: February 24, 2018, 04:15:54 am »
It seems the main problem was that both, Game Loader All RH and Demulshooter, have to be launch as Administrator. And if Demulshooter is running and I changed any setting in Game Loader, it seems that sometimes it was not taking the changes into account until stopped and relaunched.

But adding the information about launching the Exes as Administrator in the PDF might be useful for future users.

Thanks for the work!

FIXED by running demulshooter as admin

The next release will have it written in a few different places, and some of them in bold red  ;)

Hello. I get to play VCOP2 & HOTD, 2 players with Aimtrak guns via Model 2 Emulator. DemulShooter is great!

I would like to make a request. Am i able to remap the "reload trigger/mouse right click/shoot off screen" to my keyboard or usb foot pedal?

Doing so with the keyboard, i thought of using xpadder to remap the reload trigger to the buttons on aimtrak guns.
Unfortunatelly no, the purpose of using RawInput is getting data straight from the Aimtrak. So you won't be able to simulate any right-click with any program
For games using a pedal system to play/hide/reload, this is generally binded to the middle click button and for this one you can activate a virtual keyboard key, because some people may lack a second button on their aimtrak. Whereas left/right click is something eveyone has with their trigger.

Another doubt. Is it possible to invert the Y-axis somehow in Demulshooter, so that when I move my left stick down the cursor on the screen moves up instead?
Again -And I'm sorry - but no... the main purpose is to play with lightguns and there's no need to invert axis with a lightgun
XInput support was only made to allow WiiMote users to play with their devices as a lightgun, not for extensive GamePad support

Do you guys know why this could be happening?
I am trying to launch 'Game All Loader RH 296 => Teknoparrot 1.35 => Let's go Island' and play with 2 players.

I've tried configuring Teknoparrot as DInput (and use keyboard keys) or Xinput (and mapped the corresponding buttons in my Wiimotes in this case with Touchmote) for mapping the inputs of Start and Coins. Then I removed the option of Free Play as well.

When I launch the game however through Game Loader, the Free Play option is still there, the 'Coin 1' option just works on my keyboard in both cases (regardless if I've selected DInput or XInput in Teknoparrot) and 'Coin 2' doesn't work in any case. It seems as if the options I'm setting in Teknoparrot are ignored.

I tried launching Demulshooter with the option of -parrotloader and in that case I can use Key number 2 for starting the 2nd player. The problem is that in that game there are areas where one needs to press Start button as part of the game, so I'd prefer if I can press those buttons from the Wiimotes rather than having to walk to the keyboard for that.

Any idea why I could be having this problem? Where the Teknoparrot options seem to be ignored and a second player cannot start? :S
To make it short : TeknoParrot controls binding sucks....
That's the reason why I made the -parrotloader option

If your issue is only with the START button and WiiMote, as I'm reading keyboard messages for START, SERVICE etc.....you can just use a small AutoHotkey script to send the keyboard stroke when you press your WiiMote button. This will work

mickael28

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1166 on: February 24, 2018, 08:54:30 pm »
there's no need to invert axis with a lightgun

If your issue is only with the START button and WiiMote, as I'm reading keyboard messages for START, SERVICE etc.....you can just use a small AutoHotkey script to send the keyboard stroke when you press your WiiMote button. This will work

Now that you mentioned about the mapping, I realised that Touchmote allows you to map buttons to keys as well, so I mapped one of the buttons in the wiimote to number 2 and that worked, thanks for the idea :)

Regarding inverting the Y-axis so that we can use an analog controller with demulshooter, do you know if there's any programme that works with windows whilst demulshooter is running? eg, you mention AutoHotKey scripts would work, I tried a script to invert the Y-axis and although that worked in windows I didn't even try whilst demulshooter was working as it was quite unusable, the mouse was jumping all over the place.

But then I found a few windows programmes that allowed you just that and they worked really well, or JoyToKey which I mapped so that the left stick moved the mouse in opposite directions and that worked fine as well. The problem then was that when Demulshooter was launched and the game loaded, the mouse stopped using the inverted movement and reverted back to use the standard movement.

Or even if no windows programme will be able to run in the background whilst Demulshooter and the game are loaded, do you know of any other software that could achieve that by any chance? I tried launching the game without demulshooter as well, marking that the mouse could be used for light gun games, and the mouse worked fine, but the xbox 360 controller mapped to a mouse via JoyToKey didn't work like that either... :S

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1167 on: February 26, 2018, 07:28:20 am »
Regarding inverting the Y-axis so that we can use an analog controller with demulshooter, do you know if there's any programme that works with windows whilst demulshooter is running? eg, you mention AutoHotKey scripts would work, I tried a script to invert the Y-axis and although that worked in windows I didn't even try whilst demulshooter was working as it was quite unusable, the mouse was jumping all over the place.

But then I found a few windows programmes that allowed you just that and they worked really well, or JoyToKey which I mapped so that the left stick moved the mouse in opposite directions and that worked fine as well. The problem then was that when Demulshooter was launched and the game loaded, the mouse stopped using the inverted movement and reverted back to use the standard movement.

Or even if no windows programme will be able to run in the background whilst Demulshooter and the game are loaded, do you know of any other software that could achieve that by any chance? I tried launching the game without demulshooter as well, marking that the mouse could be used for light gun games, and the mouse worked fine, but the xbox 360 controller mapped to a mouse via JoyToKey didn't work like that either... :S

Again, DemulShooter is getting data directly from devices. It means that you can use whatever tool you want to alter gamepad buttons or windows cursor on screen, but DemulShooter will still get raw unmodified data from the device.

Only exceptions:  TouchMote for Wiimotes (this software/driver is creating virtual devices ans TouchMote may have some settings to change the device behavior) and most of keyboard keys (like for -parrotloader) because they are read through Windows so Autohotkey or any keyboard-simulating tool should work

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
DemulShooter v7.3:
- Added support for Elevator Action Death Parade
- Updated user guide

Note that Elevator Action need to be used with windowed hook enabled in Jconfig, to have a single-monitor-windowed mode
That way it will work with DemulShooter

You can perfectly play it as a single player on a dual monitor setup if you want to though, but as you have to rotate the screen 90°.....watch out for Aimtrak sensor bar  ;)

And don't ask me why the game is/is not running because of DirectX or DIRECT3D error, I have no clue at all and I'm just lucky it's working at home  :lol
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 06:38:09 am by argonlefou »

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
you're the lightgun boss..
Only one question about the crashing, jeje, do you use nvidia card?

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
It's working on my cab PC with Nvidia card and it's working too on my laptop with intel iGPU

jeanius4all

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 04, 2023, 10:29:07 am
I'm having trouble getting player 2 to work in Model2's HotD or VCop2.  Whenever I load up a game with Demulshooter and Model2, player 2 is stuck in the upper left hand corner and cannot move or shoot.  I am trying to use wiimotes w/ dolphinbar & touchmote but I'v tried xbox 360 & one controllers as well with the same result.  I seem to having something misconfigured in demulshooter or model2 but for the life of me cannot figure out what I'm missing.

Player 1 works fine with xbox one, 360 or wiimote.
Player 2 doesn't work (move or shoot) with any of them.

I know you are not supposed to turn on xinput in model2 for demulshooter to work but when I do sometimes both players work (sort of).  With xinput on, most of the time player 2 is locked to the horizontal axis at the bottom of the screen.  The cursor will move correctly left & right but has no Y axis.  Player 2 can shoot but only along the bottom of the screen.  Sometimes Player 2 will work correctly and I can play a round with both players but then the next time I load it up it will be back to the bottom axis.  Player 1 is fine the whole time.

I wasn't running demulshooter & model2 as admin but I read the 7.3 documentation and tried that hoping it would solve my problem, unfortunately player 2 still doesn't move.  I do have UAC on and use a task scheduler trick to launch programs (like touchmote) with elevated privileges without the prompt showing.  I tried this with demulshooter but there was no change.  I also launched it from an elevated command prompt but also no change.  What is the best way to launch demulshooter as administrator?

Any ideas or guidance would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!!!

Model2 Config:
[Input]
XInput=0         ;Enable support for Xbox360 compatible devices
EnableFF=0         ;Enable Force Feedback Effects
HoldGears=0         ;Set to 1 to return to Neutral in driving games when the gear shift key is released
UseRawInput=1         ;Read mouse through Rawinput, allowing 2 mice
RawDevP1=0         ;Assign specific RawInput devices to players. If you have more than 2 mice
RawDevP2=1         ;set which one is assigned to each player (0-based)

Player 1 & 2 Demulshooter config:
;Player1 Device configuration
P1Device = XInput Gamepad #1
P1GamepadLeftClick = 8192
P1GamepadRightClick = 4096
P1GamepadMiddleClick = 16384
P1GamepadStick = R
P1GamepadvibrationEnabled = 1
P1GamepadvibrationLength = 100
P1GamepadvibrationStrength = 10000

;Player2 Device configuration
P2Device = XInput Gamepad #2
P2GamepadLeftClick = 8192
P2GamepadRightClick = 4096
P2GamepadMiddleClick = 16384
P2GamepadStick = R
P2GamepadvibrationEnabled = 1
P2GamepadvibrationLength = 100
P2GamepadvibrationStrength = 10000

Atrain9

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 25, 2019, 08:18:22 pm
Hello Friends I am having a few issues with sega golden gun and let's go Island. I have the latest release of teknoparrot on win 10 and am using a aimtrak light gun. I am able to play fright fear land /haunted museum and alien extermination fine.  When i try and play golden gun and lets go island through teknoparrot I have a problem where the mouse cursor and crosshair are seperated which which makes the game unplayable? any help would be appreciated !!!

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
I'm having trouble getting player 2 to work in Model2's HotD or VCop2.  Whenever I load up a game with Demulshooter and Model2, player 2 is stuck in the upper left hand corner and cannot move or shoot.  I am trying to use wiimotes w/ dolphinbar & touchmote but I'v tried xbox 360 & one controllers as well with the same result.  I seem to having something misconfigured in demulshooter or model2 but for the life of me cannot figure out what I'm missing.

Player 1 works fine with xbox one, 360 or wiimote.
Player 2 doesn't work (move or shoot) with any of them.

I know you are not supposed to turn on xinput in model2 for demulshooter to work but when I do sometimes both players work (sort of).  With xinput on, most of the time player 2 is locked to the horizontal axis at the bottom of the screen.  The cursor will move correctly left & right but has no Y axis.  Player 2 can shoot but only along the bottom of the screen.  Sometimes Player 2 will work correctly and I can play a round with both players but then the next time I load it up it will be back to the bottom axis.  Player 1 is fine the whole time.

I wasn't running demulshooter & model2 as admin but I read the 7.3 documentation and tried that hoping it would solve my problem, unfortunately player 2 still doesn't move.  I do have UAC on and use a task scheduler trick to launch programs (like touchmote) with elevated privileges without the prompt showing.  I tried this with demulshooter but there was no change.  I also launched it from an elevated command prompt but also no change.  What is the best way to launch demulshooter as administrator?

Any ideas or guidance would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!!!

Model2 Config:
[Input]
XInput=0         ;Enable support for Xbox360 compatible devices
EnableFF=0         ;Enable Force Feedback Effects
HoldGears=0         ;Set to 1 to return to Neutral in driving games when the gear shift key is released
UseRawInput=1         ;Read mouse through Rawinput, allowing 2 mice
RawDevP1=0         ;Assign specific RawInput devices to players. If you have more than 2 mice
RawDevP2=1         ;set which one is assigned to each player (0-based)

Player 1 & 2 Demulshooter config:
;Player1 Device configuration
P1Device = XInput Gamepad #1
P1GamepadLeftClick = 8192
P1GamepadRightClick = 4096
P1GamepadMiddleClick = 16384
P1GamepadStick = R
P1GamepadvibrationEnabled = 1
P1GamepadvibrationLength = 100
P1GamepadvibrationStrength = 10000

;Player2 Device configuration
P2Device = XInput Gamepad #2
P2GamepadLeftClick = 8192
P2GamepadRightClick = 4096
P2GamepadMiddleClick = 16384
P2GamepadStick = R
P2GamepadvibrationEnabled = 1
P2GamepadvibrationLength = 100
P2GamepadvibrationStrength = 10000

I don't think that there's a better way tu run DemulShooter as an admin than running a Command dialog (or whatever this is called on Win10) as an admin and then run the Demulshooter command....

As you're using Touchmote, the first verification you can do is to run DemulShooter GUI, go to the calibration tab and shoot with your Wiimotes : if you see marks where you're aiming on the screen , at least your Wiimotes are correctly working with DemulShooter

after that, I really don't knnow what could be wrong for Model2 :(

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
DemulShooter v7.4 :
- Added support for Heavy Fire Afghanistan (Pc Version)
- Added support for Heavy Fire Shattered Spear (Pc Version)
- Updated GUI
- Updated User Guide

Those 2 games are available on steam. They actually are real multiplayer RailShooter games, but they do not work with an Aimtrak at all (even if a mouse is working) and nativelly need a gamepad for other players.
So now we can either play them solo with an Aimtrak, or in 2P mode with 2 Aimtraks
Please read carrefully the User Guide as there are some steps to do in order to enjoy these 2 games ;)

No crosshair patch will come soon

Many thanks to Ducon2016 who found these games and started to work on them !
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 05:58:10 pm by argonlefou »

jeanius4all

• Offline Offline
Thanks for the info Argonlefou, the calibration screen works for both wiimotes (or 360/xone controllers) and I can see both shots appear on different points on the screen as I move them around.  I also downloaded Model 2 again and tried 7.4 but the same issue persists.  I made sure to make a new folder so that no old config settings would exist for either program.  I'll keep poking around but let me know if you think of anything else.  Also, probably not relevant but figured I'd mention that I'm on Win 10 pro.

I did notice in 7.4 when I try to "Install m2emulate crosshair script" on the m2emulator page I get an error saying "cannot install WiimoteNew.ini" which I believe is for the dolphin config.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Thanks for the info Argonlefou, the calibration screen works for both wiimotes (or 360/xone controllers) and I can see both shots appear on different points on the screen as I move them around.  I also downloaded Model 2 again and tried 7.4 but the same issue persists.  I made sure to make a new folder so that no old config settings would exist for either program.  I'll keep poking around but let me know if you think of anything else.  Also, probably not relevant but figured I'd mention that I'm on Win 10 pro.
There is nothing new in latest version of DemulShooter as far as Model is concerned.
From what you're telling me, at least it seems that your wiimotes are really working well with DemulShooter. So the issue may really be only with Model2....
I don"t have any clue other than various OS/Admin rights issues. Try disabling the "-v" command also (if you ever used it), I recently had a chat with someone who had issues with Model2 too but it was because the "-v" option was too CPU/HDDaccess hungry

I did notice in 7.4 when I try to "Install m2emulate crosshair script" on the m2emulator page I get an error saying "cannot install WiimoteNew.ini" which I believe is for the dolphin config.
Nice catch ! I totaly broke this functionallity when updating the GUI :o
I've almost finish adding another steam game, I'll fix this too for the next release

jeanius4all

• Offline Offline
Got it!  To try and see if I could figure out where the conflict was I unplugged all my other peripherals except the dolphinbar and Logitech k400 htpc keyboard w/ touchpad mouse.  Player 2 still wouldn't work so I unplugged the k400 and plugged in a standard wired mouse and it worked!  I slowly plugged everything else back in, including the k400, and it still worked.  I unplugged the wired mouse and player 2 stopped working!  So it looks like demulshooter doesn't like when my system's only mouse is the k400 touchpad.  I just tucked a mouse behind the HTPC so I can enjoy demulshooter but wanted to share in case anyone else is using a k400.

Thanks Argonlefou for all your hard work on this awesome project!!!

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Got it!  To try and see if I could figure out where the conflict was I unplugged all my other peripherals except the dolphinbar and Logitech k400 htpc keyboard w/ touchpad mouse.  Player 2 still wouldn't work so I unplugged the k400 and plugged in a standard wired mouse and it worked!  I slowly plugged everything else back in, including the k400, and it still worked.  I unplugged the wired mouse and player 2 stopped working!  So it looks like demulshooter doesn't like when my system's only mouse is the k400 touchpad.  I just tucked a mouse behind the HTPC so I can enjoy demulshooter but wanted to share in case anyone else is using a k400.

Wow ! Nice to know  :o
Can I ask you if the issue was only with model2 or if it was a general issue with all the games/emulators ? I'll add this in the troubleshooting notes

Moneyhead

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 15, 2024, 03:36:32 pm
Great work!

But I am having some problems with an Actlabs Gun and hod3pc.

First:

I have set the option -noautoreload.
This is recognized by the game and I will need to reload manually when my gun is empty.

But offscreen-reload is not working with the Actlabs Gun.
When I test offscreen shooting in the dx_diag tool the right mouse button is shown correctly.
Looks like a bug in the hod3pc driver to me.

Second:

I would like to change the Start-Key to 1 (atandard in most arcade USB controlers for cabinets, like ipac, jpac).
So I change in the hod3pc controler setup from q to 1, which is shown correctly.

But after the start of denulshooter in the game the start key is still q.

Moneyhead

• Offline Offline
... for Actlabs Guns the calibration and offset correction is a great feature.  :applaud:

I have the Arcade version of the Actlabs Gun without any other chance for calibration.

Is it also possible to make this offset correction available in normal Windows mouse mode?

jeanius4all

• Offline Offline

Wow ! Nice to know  :o
Can I ask you if the issue was only with model2 or if it was a general issue with all the games/emulators ? I'll add this in the troubleshooting notes

So far I've only had the chance to test Demulshooter w/ Model2 but I'll keep you posted if I try any of the others.  Thanks again!

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
This is recognized by the game and I will need to reload manually when my gun is empty.

When I test offscreen shooting in the dx_diag tool the right mouse button is shown correctly.
I'll check again next week ( if hod3pc handling was accidentally broken) but a right click signal should trigger the reload process without issue

I would like to change the Start-Key to 1 (atandard in most arcade USB controlers for cabinets, like ipac, jpac).
So I change in the hod3pc controler setup from q to 1, which is shown correctly.

The game is storing the Key config in a registry key and I'm not changing it at any time...it would be very weird that DemulShooter could cause the game's key config to revert back to an older config....I'll check that too

Did you test that the [1] Key you changed is working fine without running DemulShooter  ?

... for Actlabs Guns the calibration and offset correction is a great feature.  :applaud:

I have the Arcade version of the Actlabs Gun without any other chance for calibration.

Is it also possible to make this offset correction available in normal Windows mouse mode?
It would be possible with another dedicated application....
I'm only interfering on the data between the Lightgun and the Games, but not wth Windows inner cursor handling. So not possible with DemulShooter :(

Moneyhead

• Offline Offline

I'll check again next week ( if hod3pc handling was accidentally broken) but a right click signal should trigger the reload process without issue

I have identified the problem.
I am german and my Windows keyboard setting is DE-QWERTZ.
With that setting neither y, z or any other key in controls setting is working as reload.

As soon as I change to EN-QWERTY reload is working with any key setting.
That's fine for my emulator PC, just a little bit uncomfortable to change the keyboard when I do some editing in config files.
Probably you'll find a solution one day.

Quote from: argonlefou

The game is storing the Key config in a registry key and I'm not changing it at any time...it would be very weird that DemulShooter could cause the game's key config to revert back to an older config....I'll check that too

Did you test that the [1] Key you changed is working fine without running DemulShooter  ?

You are right. Has nothing to do with DemulShooter. I was overwriting the control settings in my own registry script.
Problem solved.

Quote from: argonlefou

It would be possible with another dedicated application....
I'm only interfering on the data between the Lightgun and the Games, but not wth Windows inner cursor handling. So not possible with DemulShooter :(

O.k.

I would like to suggest to add support for Daphne/Singe.
I have tried to run the American Lasergames Shooters (Mad Doc McCree, Who Shot Johnny Rock...) in Singe. But gun support is very poorly working:
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,156373.msg1647439.html#msg1647439

And another question:
Now it feels like the gun calibration is almost perfect in hotd3pc and all the model2 games.

But I cannot find a good setting in Demul (version 0.582).
Especially in Maze of the Kings in-game gun calibration is not working very well.
Every shot that is not in the center is more or less random.

So it looks like it is working much better for Model2 than for Demul.
Could something be wrong in my configuration???

Moneyhead

• Offline Offline
I have tried to run the American Lasergames Shooters (Mad Doc McCree, Who Shot Johnny Rock...) in Singe. But gun support is very poorly working:
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,156373.msg1647439.html#msg1647439

... or MAME.

I know: MAME has gun support.
But gun calibration for every game in MAME is a pain in the ass.
And I would like to have your ActLabs offset correction also for MAME.

Keep on the good work  :cheers:

Sascha

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
I have identified the problem.
I am german and my Windows keyboard setting is DE-QWERTZ.
With that setting neither y, z or any other key in controls setting is working as reload.

As soon as I change to EN-QWERTY reload is working with any key setting.
That's fine for my emulator PC, just a little bit uncomfortable to change the keyboard when I do some editing in config files.
Probably you'll find a solution one day.
Hmm, keyboard layout is always pure pain in the ass to handle
That why I choose non-changing keys (between qwerty/azerty layouts) when I have to add some

I don't know what kind of layout hotd3 config utility is waiting for...I just know it's writing DirectInput keycode in the registry, and I'm reading an replaying them.
These keycodes are the physical position of the button in the layout.
In theory, by choosing any Key that is not changing between any of those layout this should work fine. Even numeric keys like [1], [2], etc... on top of the letters should work fine (A,Q,W,Z etc... will cause issues for sure)

I'll add it to the things I can look into in the future

And another question:
Now it feels like the gun calibration is almost perfect in hotd3pc and all the model2 games.

But I cannot find a good setting in Demul (version 0.582).
Especially in Maze of the Kings in-game gun calibration is not working very well.
Every shot that is not in the center is more or less random.

So it looks like it is working much better for Model2 than for Demul.
Could something be wrong in my configuration???
That's weird, usually the calibration process in Naomi games is very good !
Just make sure you properly quit the game/ emulator after calibration (instead of killing the process) so that your calibration data can be properly saved to the nvram file

... or MAME.

I know: MAME has gun support.
But gun calibration for every game in MAME is a pain in the ass.
And I would like to have your ActLabs offset correction also for MAME.

Keep on the good work  :cheers:

Sascha
Haha  :D
Unfortunatelly, this won't happen...

MAME is open source (and still evolving) so there is no need for a third-party-hack app like DemulShooter to fix things. It should be fixed directly into the source code. I don't own any Act Lab gun and I'm not familiar with the MAME project so I won't try this myself
Futhermore, even if I'm hacking MAME (and if - by chance - it would not be a per-game hack...), DemulShooter would need an update each month with each MAME release....

DemulShooter v7.5:
- Fixed recently broken Model2 script auto-installation
- Added support for "Reload" game (from MASTIFF studio, you'll find it on Steam). This is a 1P game not working natively with Aimtrak, you can now use this with Aimtrak or Xinput devices
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 05:12:06 am by argonlefou »

Moneyhead

• Offline Offline
I'll add it to the things I can look into in the future

Thank you.

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
Many thanks, do you remember Ad cop and Bonbon paradise? They were good and rare games, (and old), although I suppose difficult to support

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Many thanks, do you remember Ad cop and Bonbon paradise? They were good and rare games, (and old), although I suppose difficult to support
Yes
Didn't get any copy of Ad Cop but I have one one for Bonbon.....but I couldn't get it to install/run on my Windows
These are MS-DOS games !  :lol

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
Yes they are ms dos games, I ran them with dosbox.
I could quit the crosshair of Ad cop but couldnt bonbon ones.

Specker

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 12, 2021, 06:17:37 pm
Hi argonlefou,
first at all, I want to say thank you for this awesome software! For me, you are a hero. ;)

Everything is working fine for me, except one little thing I can’t find a solution.
The problem is, the Naomi Games are designed for player one to have a red lightgun, player two a blue one. (that's the case in house of the dead 2 and maze of the kings)

In model 2 or model 3 lightgun games, it’s vice versa.

Normally, I would change the P1 and P2 settings in DemulShooter, but I don’t want to do this every time I change the emulator.
For me, it's distracting to have a blue lightgun in my hand and shoot with red bullets or see a red crosshair. (and vice versa with my red lightgun)

Is there a command for Demulshooter to change the P1 and P2 device?
I could include that in my .bat files I have for every game. That would fix the problem.

You mentioned earlier in this thread, that you can’t change the RawDefP1 and P2 settings in the model2.ini , right?

If there is another possibility, please tell me.

Ben

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Hi argonlefou,
first at all, I want to say thank you for this awesome software! For me, you are a hero. ;)

Everything is working fine for me, except one little thing I can’t find a solution.
The problem is, the Naomi Games are designed for player one to have a red lightgun, player two a blue one. (that's the case in house of the dead 2 and maze of the kings)

Normally, I would change the P1 and P2 settings in DemulShooter, but I don’t want to do this every time I change the emulator.
For me, it's distracting to have a blue lightgun in my hand and shoot with red bullets or see a red crosshair. (and vice versa with my red lightgun)

I could include that in my .bat files I have for every game. That would fix the problem.

You mentioned earlier in this thread, that you can’t change the RawDefP1 and P2 settings in the model2.ini , right?

Ben
Hi,

Indeed, values in model2.ini are ignored.

A very quick way to solve your "issue" - as you are using a .bat file - would be something like that :

1) Run DemulShooter GUI, set your P1 & P2 devices and save.
2) Make a backup of DemulShooter config.ini file and call it -for example - config.ini.original
3) Run DemulShooter GUI, invert your P1 & P2 devices and save.
4) Make a backup of DemulShooter config.ini file and call it -for example - config.ini.inverted
5) Now you can add a line in your .bat files to copy the desired config file to DemulShooter's folder before running it. Something like :
Code: [Select]
copy C:\Documents and Settings\Mes documents\config.ini.inverted C:\DemulShooter\config.ini
This should do the trick

Specker

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 12, 2021, 06:17:37 pm
Hi argonlefou,

Ben
Hi,

Indeed, values in model2.ini are ignored.

A very quick way to solve your "issue" - as you are using a .bat file - would be something like that :

1) Run DemulShooter GUI, set your P1 & P2 devices and save.
2) Make a backup of DemulShooter config.ini file and call it -for example - config.ini.original
3) Run DemulShooter GUI, invert your P1 & P2 devices and save.
4) Make a backup of DemulShooter config.ini file and call it -for example - config.ini.inverted
5) Now you can add a line in your .bat files to copy the desired config file to DemulShooter's folder before running it. Something like :
copy C:\Documents and Settings\Mes documents\config.ini.inverted C:\DemulShooter\config.ini
This should do the trick

D'OH!

How could i forget that the DemulShooter settings are saved in an ini file?!?
That of course did the trick! Thank you!

I used another method than your suggested one.
I just duplicated the whole DemulShooter folder and named him DS inverted.

So all i had to do is add the "inverted" line in my batch files, that's all.

THX! :)

jonbenderr

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 01, 2023, 07:29:08 am
Anyone able to get this to work with AtomicFE and M2?

Long shot but figured it was worth asking.

Cross hairs seem to get stuck in corners whether I execute demul before launching Atomic, or use the command line functions in Atomic.

Moksi

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 18, 2024, 09:10:04 am
I noticed when playing Sammy Atmosiwave games the aim is off , looked into the test menu to see if i could calibrate the guns but see no options there .

Does Demulshooter fix the offset ?

jonbenderr

• Offline Offline
Ended up integrating this wonderful program into AtomicFE.  It's ugly in the background but it works.  Anyone needs help with that, let me know.

Now one final little thing.  I've read this entire thread and haven't found any help.  I've seen people mention somewhat similar issues, but not exactly this. 

The crosshairs (custom and game) in M2 are constantly flickering off to the lower right corner of the screen.

Guns have been calibrated in games and out with the aimtrak utility. 

When the bullet/shot goes where I am trying to aim, it's dead on where I'm aiming.  But a lot of shots end up going down to that corner.  Those shots are actually dead on accurate as well in relation to where the crosshairs flicker to.

Has anyone come across this and what did you do to resolve it?  Thanks in advance. 

Here is output from debugging:

17:26:33.968750 :
17:26:33.968750 : -------------------- Program Start ----------------------
17:26:33.968750 : P1 device = \??\HID#Vid_d209&Pid_1602&MI_02#8&389ab7f3&0&0000#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd}
17:26:33.968750 : P1 device handle = 983331
17:26:33.968750 : P2 device  = \??\HID#Vid_d209&Pid_1601&MI_02#8&253a70e3&0&0000#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd}
17:26:33.968750 : P2 device handle = 589993
17:26:33.968750 : Cmdline arg 1 : -target=model2m
17:26:33.968750 : Cmdline arg 2 : -rom=hotd
17:26:33.968750 : Cmdline arg 3 : -v
17:26:33.984375 : Waiting for Model2 hotd game to hook.....
17:26:35.484375 : Attached to Process emulator_multicpu.exe, ProcessHandle = 1580
17:26:35.484375 : emulator_multicpu.exe = 0x00400000
17:26:35.484375 : Calculated address 1 = 0x01880020
17:26:36.484375 : Controls memory base address = 016925E0
17:26:36.484375 : Memory Hack complete !
17:26:36.484375 : -
17:26:42.312500 : RawData event for Device #1:
17:26:42.312500 : Device rawinput data (Hex) = [ 0760, FFFF ]
17:26:42.312500 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 640, 480 ]
17:26:42.312500 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 18, 479 ]
17:26:42.312500 : OnClient Cursor Position (Px) = [ 18, 479 ]
17:26:42.312500 : Game Position (Hex) = [ 0012, 01DF ]
17:26:42.312500 : Game Position (Dec) = [ 18, 479 ]
17:26:42.312500 : MouseButton (Hex) = 0x0000
17:26:42.312500 : -
17:26:42.312500 : RawData event for Device #1:
17:26:42.312500 : Device rawinput data (Hex) = [ 0B10, FFFF ]
17:26:42.312500 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 640, 480 ]
17:26:42.312500 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 27, 479 ]
17:26:42.312500 : OnClient Cursor Position (Px) = [ 27, 479 ]
17:26:42.312500 : Game Position (Hex) = [ 001B, 01DF ]
17:26:42.312500 : Game Position (Dec) = [ 27, 479 ]
17:26:42.312500 : MouseButton (Hex) = 0x0000
17:26:42.312500 : -
17:26:42.328125 : RawData event for Device #1:
17:26:42.328125 : Device rawinput data (Hex) = [ 0AA0, FFFF ]
17:26:42.328125 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 640, 480 ]
17:26:42.328125 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 26, 479 ]
17:26:42.328125 : OnClient Cursor Position (Px) = [ 26, 479 ]
17:26:42.328125 : Game Position (Hex) = [ 001A, 01DF ]
17:26:42.328125 : Game Position (Dec) = [ 26, 479 ]
17:26:42.328125 : MouseButton (Hex) = 0x0000
17:26:42.328125 : -
17:26:42.328125 : RawData event for Device #1:
17:26:42.328125 : Device rawinput data (Hex) = [ 0600, FFFF ]
17:26:42.328125 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 640, 480 ]
17:26:42.328125 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 15, 479 ]
17:26:42.328125 : OnClient Cursor Position (Px) = [ 15, 479 ]
17:26:42.328125 : Game Position (Hex) = [ 000F, 01DF ]
17:26:42.328125 : Game Position (Dec) = [ 15, 479 ]
17:26:42.328125 : MouseButton (Hex) = 0x0000
17:26:42.328125 : -
17:26:42.406250 : RawData event for Device #1:
17:26:42.406250 : Device rawinput data (Hex) = [ 0000, F33E ]
17:26:42.406250 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 640, 480 ]
17:26:42.406250 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 0, 456 ]
17:26:42.406250 : OnClient Cursor Position (Px) = [ 0, 456 ]
17:26:42.406250 : Game Position (Hex) = [ 0000, 01C8 ]
17:26:42.406250 : Game Position (Dec) = [ 0, 456 ]
17:26:42.406250 : MouseButton (Hex) = 0x0000
17:26:42.406250 : -
17:26:42.468750 : RawData event for Device #1:
17:26:42.468750 : Device rawinput data (Hex) = [ 0000, ACCA ]
17:26:42.468750 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 640, 480 ]
17:26:42.468750 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 0, 323 ]
17:26:42.468750 : OnClient Cursor Position (Px) = [ 0, 323 ]
17:26:42.468750 : Game Position (Hex) = [ 0000, 0143 ]
17:26:42.468750 : Game Position (Dec) = [ 0, 323 ]
17:26:42.468750 : MouseButton (Hex) = 0x0000
17:26:42.468750 : -
17:26:42.468750 : RawData event for Device #1:
17:26:42.468750 : Device rawinput data (Hex) = [ 0000, A1B9 ]
17:26:42.468750 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 640, 480 ]
17:26:42.468750 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 0, 303 ]
17:26:42.468750 : OnClient Cursor Position (Px) = [ 0, 303 ]
17:26:42.468750 : Game Position (Hex) = [ 0000, 012F ]
17:26:42.468750 : Game Position (Dec) = [ 0, 303 ]
17:26:42.468750 : MouseButton (Hex) = 0x0000
17:26:42.468750 : -
17:26:42.500000 : RawData event for Device #1:
17:26:42.500000 : Device rawinput data (Hex) = [ 0000, 94A8 ]
17:26:42.500000 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 640, 480 ]
17:26:42.500000 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 0, 278 ]
17:26:42.500000 : OnClient Cursor Position (Px) = [ 0, 278 ]
17:26:42.500000 : Game Position (Hex) = [ 0000, 0116 ]
17:26:42.500000 : Game Position (Dec) = [ 0, 278 ]
17:26:42.500000 : MouseButton (Hex) = 0x0000
17:26:42.500000 : -
17:26:42.500000 : RawData event for Device #1:
17:26:42.500000 : Device rawinput data (Hex) = [ 14D1, 8847 ]
17:26:42.500000 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 640, 480 ]
17:26:42.500000 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 52, 255 ]
17:26:42.500000 : OnClient Cursor Position (Px) = [ 52, 255 ]
17:26:42.500000 : Game Position (Hex) = [ 0034, 00FF ]
17:26:42.500000 : Game Position (Dec) = [ 52, 255 ]
17:26:42.500000 : MouseButton (Hex) = 0x0000
17:26:42.500000 : -

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
Hi jonbenderr I think I had a similar problem, some random shots wetto top-let.
Maybe the problem is in the m2 .ini. There you will find two variables like gun1 raw id, gun2 raw id. I had to put 0 and 1 in. I think this same numeration than in mame, but 0 based, so -1.
Is it possible this has somethin to do, Argon?

jonbenderr

• Offline Offline
Are you referring to the RawDevP1 and RawDevP2 params in the M2 ini phasermaniac? 

Mine are already set to 0 and 1 respectively.

Did this clear up your problem?  What were the values there initially for you?

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
don't kow, but if in mame your guns are 1 and 2, in m2 I thing they may be 0 and 1
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 03:54:00 pm by phasermaniac »

jonbenderr

• Offline Offline
Well ya got me thinking phasermaniac...I think Argons software here takes care of the ids going into the game.

I THINK what might be happening is those IDs still in the m2.ini might be interfering with whatever IDs demulshooter uses to get the guns up and running. 

So I tested it...just entered a couple random numbers for RawDevP1 and RawDevP2.  (6 and 9 I think?  Again, just random numbers).

Lo and behold...no more flickering crosshairs...dead on accuracy every single trigger pull!!

Thanks for the tip on those settings though.  I think the key is to make sure whatever random numbers you use are not actually present on your machine by a joystick or mouse or anything of the like.

Whatever the real deal is, this fixed my last and final issue!