Main > Lightguns

DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)

(1/680) > >>

argonlefou:
Based on the idea of the excellent TroubleShooter 2 from Howard_Casto, I made my own to use dual gun on Demul and so making it possible to play excellent 2P games like House of the Dead 2, Maze of the kings, etc...

It requires .Net framework 2.0, and Win XP minimum
Download Link : https://github.com/argonlefou/DemulShooter/releases/latest

Source code available here : https://github.com/argonlefou/DemulShooter
User guide : https://github.com/argonlefou/DemulShooter/wiki
Release : https://github.com/argonlefou/DemulShooter/releases/latest

** Aliens: Extermination **
- No Crosshair Patch: Mirror 1 [mega.nz]
Just overwrite existing file in the "DATA" subfolder of the Aliens game (inside the VM)

** Blue Estate [PC] - No Crosshair patch **
According to the version of your game, you have to download one of those following file.
Check md5 sum of your BEgame.upk file (in COOKEDPCCONSOLE subfolder of game install dir)
md5 = E5E816B2F3BC3F1095B16A7E3850FD68 (DVD version ?):
Mirror1 [mega.nz]
Mirror2 [dl.free.fr]

md5 = FE76FB4294DFB2617D724CE7DD94BE70 (Steam updated version ?):
Mirror1 [mega.nz]

Overwrite the file in COOKEDPCCONSOLE subfolder of game install dir

**  Dark Escape Patcher  **
 Mirror1 [mega.nz] :
Remove crosshair and/or remove SENSOR ERROR message

** Elevator Action Invasion - No crosshair patch**
Mirror1[mega.nz]

** Far Cry Paradise - No Crosshair patch **
Mirror1 [mega.nz]

** Friction - Res Changer **
Mirror1 [mega.nz]

** Fright Fear Land / Haunted Museum 2 - No Crosshair patch **
Mirror1 [Github]
Use this patcher to patch your exe and remove crosshairs
Or use it simply to know which version of the game you have

** Gaia Attack 4 - No Crosshair Patch **
Mirror 1 [mega.nz]
Just overwrite existing files in "/data" subfolder

** Gundam : Spirit of Zeon - No Crosshair patch **
Mirror 1 [mega.nz]
Just overwrite existing files in "/data/images/" subfolder

** Heavy Fire Afghanistan [PC] - No Crosshair patch **
Mirror1 [mega.nz]       
Just overwrite the files in "\data\menu\hud" subdirectory

** Heavy Fire Shattered Spear [PC] - No Crosshair patch **
Mirror1 [mega.nz]       
Just overwrite the folders in "\data\menu" subdirectory

** House of the Dead II [PC] - No Crosshair patch ** (Thanks to MrLightGun)
Mirror1 [mega.nz]       
Just overwrite the file on the "tex" subfolder

** House of the Dead 3 [PC] - No Crosshair patch **
Mirror1 [mega.nz]       
Mirror2 [dl.free.fr]
Just overwrite the SPR.AFS original file which is located on the "fs" folder inside game install folder (for me it's C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD3_EU\fs\SPR.AFS)

** House of the Dead Overkill [PC] - No Crosshair patch **
Mirror 1 [mega.nz]
Just overwrite files in the game folder

** Let's Go Island : Lost in the Island of Tropics - No Crosshair patch **
Mirror 1 [mega.nz]
Just overwrite existing file in "/data/acroarts/2D/" subfolder

** Let's Go Island 3D - No Crosshair patch **
Mirror 1 [mega.nz]
Just overwrite existing file in "/data/acroarts/2D/" subfolder

** Music Gun Gun! 2 - No Crosshair patch **
Mirror 1 [mega.nz]
Just overwrite existing file in "/pack/" subfolder

** Operation G.H.O.S.T - No Crosshair patch **
Mirror 1 [mega.nz]
Unzip in the \root\img\UI\UI_hud_common subdirectory of the game (make backup first !)
I've not remove the "single shot" dot as it is used in sniper mission, but the textures are in a sinple .png file so feel free to change as you wish ;)

** Operation G.H.O.S.T - Red Blood patch **
Miror 1 [mega.nz]
Just overwrite the 3 .dds files in the "\root\Effect\hit_effect\" subfolder of the game

** Sailor Zombie - No Crosshair  **
Mirror 1 [Mega.nz]

** Sega Dream Riders - No Crosshair patch **
Mirror 1 [mega.nz]
Just overwrite "\data" folder in game directory

** Sega Golden Guns - No Crosshair patch **
Mirror1 [mega.nz]
Overwrite /fs/bank/ sub directory

** Transformers : Human Alliance - No Crosshair patch **
Mirror1 [mega.nz]
Overwrite files in /fs/bank/ sub directory

** Virtua Cop 3 - No Crosshair patch (for Cxbx-reloaded emulator)**
Mirror1 [mega.nz]
Overwrite file in /media/ sub directory

** RingSystem Service and Test menus Tool for Jconfig**
https://github.com/argonlefou/RingSystem_ServiceMenu/releases

romshark:
It's always bad when you read these things on your phone on your way to work, and cant even try it out for a while. I look forward to trying this out, though.
Does this add "escape to close Demul" functionality like TS2 does, or do I still need to use the closemul program too? Will closemul and this program cause any conflicts with each other?

argonlefou:
I'm not using closemul (on my cab I close Demul by pressing 2 buttons, thanks to a simple autohotkey script which send ALT+F4), but there should not be any interference. I'm just blocking in-game mouse input (movevement/click) read by the padDemul pluggin so that I can inject P1 and P2 values myself
Everything else (coin, start, service, test buttons etc...) is left untouched

romshark:
Tried it on my cabinet, and it works beautifully. Tried it with HOTD2 and Confidential Mission.
I'll see if the USB device assignment continue to hold up over the next couple days as I plug in mice and trackballs, and turn on and off the system. It sounds promising though. Maybe this method can be used in a future version of TroubleShooter 2?

Oh, and Closemul worked perfectly with it. Now that I'm not on my cell phone, I see that DemulShooter is executed first, THEN run "closemul.exe demul.exe -run=naomi -rom=hotd2."

Some notes to help others out.
The mouse cursor flickers between the points that the  guns are pointed at. I hide the cursor using nomousy. Works great.
Just like some games in MAME, you should calibrate the guns "in-game" (using the test button menu).
The instructions say DemulShooter.exe, but the file is actually DemulShooter_1.0.exe. A simple fix, just rename the executable. (I know this sounds obvious, but someone's going to be in a hurry, not realize this, and get frustrated.)

You and Howard_Castro both deserve a round of applause. You both gave us dual gun usage in a lot of games on the Sega systems (Model 2 and Naomi.) I wouldn't be surprised to see an arcade project here that only plays gun games in the near future.

argonlefou:

--- Quote from: romshark on February 25, 2016, 02:56:38 am ---Some notes to help others out.
The mouse cursor flickers between the points that the  guns are pointed at. I hide the cursor using nomousy. Works great.
Just like some games in MAME, you should calibrate the guns "in-game" (using the test button menu).

--- End quote ---
Yes, because windows cannot handle more than one cursor so it makes it flicker between the two "real position" in game. Demul hides the cursor when going manually in fullscreen with ALT+ENTER, but unfortunately if you check "start in fullscreen" it does not hide the cursor automatically.
Nomousy is exactly what is needed in that case :)
As a sidenote, this cursor was usefull : On my cab I ran demul in fullscreen and used the cursor to calibrate (TEST/SERVICE menu for each rom) precisely my aimtraks one after the other. If you point only one gun at once the cursor will correspond perfectly with the gun aiming position  :)

--- Quote from: romshark on February 25, 2016, 02:56:38 am ---The instructions say DemulShooter.exe, but the file is actually DemulShooter_1.0.exe. A simple fix, just rename the executable. (I know this sounds obvious, but someone's going to be in a hurry, not realize this, and get frustrated.)

--- End quote ---
Ooops my bad  :-\ I'll change that in the next release. I'm halfway to make it work with older version of Demul for people stuck with WinXp and Directx10

--- Quote from: romshark on February 25, 2016, 02:56:38 am --- I wouldn't be surprised to see an arcade project here that only plays gun games in the near future.

--- End quote ---
That's my current project :)
So far I have 2P working perfectly on :
 - Model2 and some PC games (house of dead 3 mostly !) thanks to Howard. If someone is interrested I found how to hack HoD3 to totally remove ingame crosshair ! ;D
 - Model 3 with supermodel (Jurrasic Park : The Lost World)
 - Naomi with Demul + DemulShooter
 - PS2 (EPSX2 + nuvee plugin) for some good games (Time Crisis 2 & 3 mostly, Crisis Zone and some others too)
 - MAME

And for now only 1P working on :
 - Dolphin (House of the dead overkill, ghost squad)
 - Blue Estate on PC (fun game, there also I removed crosshair with a little hack)
 - Typing of the dead overkill on PC (there's House of the dead overkill inside but I still can't remove the crosshair)
 - Silent Hill : The Arcade (PC unofficial port)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version