Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up --- Bug Reports --- Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: VR controllers as light gun Idea?  (Read 24 times)

NailBuster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 03:51:11 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
VR controllers as light gun Idea?
« on: Today at 03:04:38 pm »
greetings...

I like to tinker with ideas and stuff and develop software... so im trying a proof-of-concept in using VR controllers for lightguns.

some things i think using them will overcome is easy of setup and distance to lcd screens and other stuff i guess (wireless!)

I guess easy to show with a video: 

Just bored and trying to see if something like this is feasible.  I used the virtual desktop app on Quest2 and sized/placed the monitor exactly in same 3d space.

Ive written VR stuff in unity so i could make it a bit easier to run directly on my mamecab via questlink and make it more custom....(off screen reload and stuff)

ideally if tracking was same quality in rift we could use those older sensors to just track gun.

if i wanted to go all out on a driver.   have a shell around the controller and put like an esp32 bluetooth to drive other stuffs on it....

don't know... just thinking out loud :)

NailBuster
www.nailbuster.com