Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: All Killer, No Filler MAME Gamelists Directory  (Read 325703 times)

jason531

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 28, 2017, 01:33:00 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: All Killer, No Filler MAME Gamelists Directory
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2017, 01:04:47 pm »
First of all, thank you for this list!  In the past I've obsessed over having complete sets for different MAME versions, but never play 99% of the games.  This list helps narrow it down.

I've written a couple of one-liners, using bash, to figure out which samples and CHDs you will need for your chosen subset of ROMs and corresponding MAME version.  I did this because I use the MAME2003 and MAME2010 cores from RetroArch which use 0.78 and 0.139, respectively.  Anyway, I know that a lot of people don't use Linux or bash, but hope this is useful.  Perhaps I'll rewrite them using standard Windows cmd prompt commands.  In the meantime, here they are:
Code: [Select]
for i in $(ls -1 *.zip) ;do /drives/e/MAME/mame139/mame.exe -listxml $(basename $i .zip) |grep -v '<!' |grep -q '<disk name' && echo CHD needed: $(basename $i .zip); done
for i in $(ls -1 *.zip) ;do /drives/e/MAME/mame139/mame.exe -listxml $(basename $i .zip) |grep -v '<!' |grep -q '<sample name' && echo Samples needed: $(basename $i .zip); done

By the way, my machine in running Windows!  I use a package called MobaXterm, which is free to use, which gives me a bash-like shell and commands.  All you have to do is "cd" to your _NoFiller directory and be sure to have the correct path to the correct mame.exe.  Just note that you need forward slashes in the path and use "/drives/X" instead of "X:".  I hope this helps and isn't too daunting for non-Linux people.

Update:
I went ahead and rewrote the same one-liners using Windows cmd prompt commands:
for %I in (*.zip) do @E:\MAME\mame139\mame.exe -listxml %~nI |find "<disk name" >nul && echo CHD needed: %~nI
for %I in (*.zip) do @E:\MAME\mame139\mame.exe -listxml %~nI |find "<sample name" >nul && echo Samples needed: %~nI

Example run (specific to my chosen ROMs):
E:\MAME\mame139\roms\_NoFiller>for %I in (*.zip) do @E:\MAME\mame139\mame.exe -listxml %~nI |find "<sample name" >nul && echo Samples needed: %~nI
Samples needed: astinvad
Samples needed: astrob
Samples needed: buckrog
Samples needed: carnival
Samples needed: congo
Samples needed: gorf
Samples needed: journey
Samples needed: panic
Samples needed: qbert
Samples needed: rallyx
Samples needed: vanguard
Samples needed: wow
Samples needed: zaxxon

« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 01:33:46 pm by jason531 »

chris77

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 10:08:55 am
  • Instant C
    • visual pinball
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2017, 01:59:18 pm »
WOW, this list is awesome... now I will cancel my 4TB HDD for my current project - the 120gb SSD is more than enough.

thanks a lot!  :cheers:

cheers
Chris

maiksonstrife

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 15, 2017, 09:03:42 am
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2017, 08:37:23 am »
Can't get the simple genre bat in their current topic
anyone has the bat to shmups, vsfighting, etc ?

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2024, 08:10:48 pm
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2017, 11:20:24 am »
Can't get the simple genre bat in their current topic
anyone has the bat to shmups, vsfighting, etc ?

Still works for me.  Maybe try a different browser.

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 08:00:17 pm
  • <insert personal text here>
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2017, 05:46:07 pm »
I ran all the killer no filler gamelists against the 3p/4p simultaneous nplayer list for Mame and came up with a single list of all the games for more than 2 players at once. Good for us pedestal types.

Now my kids don't have to go hunting for a game when they have friends over and decide to switch from TMNT to the Cowboys of Moo-Mesa or whatever. I think there are a few errors on the list, but it's a good 95% solution for those interested.

List is attached.

JackOfOwls

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 21, 2017, 11:10:59 am
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2017, 10:23:40 am »
Just wanted to thank the OP for compiling this list.  Will be using it for android builds where space is more at a premium.  So much crap out there in Mameland.  Nice to have a cream of the crop compilation.

ford

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 25, 2017, 12:28:23 pm
« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2017, 12:48:21 am »
I just stumbled upon this forum... Thanks for sharing your curated MAME list!

I always wanted to make do something similar to trim down the thousands of games available to older 8bit console.... something to get down to collections of games that are not utterly overwhelming. To do so I went ahead and wrote a script to scrape metacritic.com and gamerankings.com to build lists of scores I could use to achieve quality over quantity.

Feel free to grab the data here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BwsYd1k8t0lEfmJPcE5UOGMwekt1TFRWbXZjd0pZUmw0T0ZkTkV0RlBmb2ROV0w2V3FpNkU

There are two folders, one for metacritic, one for gamerankings. Gamerankings.com probably has more useful info since they aggregate scores from various review sites (including metacritic). Under each you'll find review lists grouped per system. And in gamerankings.com's case I made subgroups for how many reviews were available... So for example if you want to make a list of SNES games that were heavily marketed and have an average 80% score, pick the list where each game had at least 10 reviews. If you don't want to miss the occasional gem that fell through the crack, go for the list that had at least 1 review...

Anyways, hopefully someone here will find this data useful and use it to come up with nice concise lists for consoles games.

THP

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 03, 2018, 03:58:46 pm
« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2018, 12:58:30 pm »
I just wanted to thank you guys for the list.  I collected each ROM by hand yesterday, because I didn't want to wait for a 100+ gig download, only to pull out the few ROMs and CHDs I needed.  Your selections obviously helped me a ton, and each time I thought of a game I wanted to play that I thought would stump the list, it was in there:)

Before I go crazy downloading art and making a custom wheel, I figured I'd see if anyone else had a stock Hyperspin wheel and accoutrements they'd be willing to post to match?  If not, I'll post one in this thread when I create one.

THP

• Offline Offline
« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2018, 05:30:09 pm »
OK, this was easier than I thought.  I just whipped up a quick batch file to go through my nofiller ROM dir, and copy wheel images from a MAME full ROM repository I found.  Pretty basic stuff, but it might help someone less technically inclined loop through their no filler to do housekeeping/copying.   Here it is, and you'll obviourly need to tweak the directories to something that matches your systems.  Once this was done, I just copied the contents of artTemp over to my nofiller wheel images directory, and done!

@echo off
md artTemp
for %%f in (*) do (
  echo %%~nf
  copy "C:\HyperSpin\Media\MAME\Images\Wheel\%%~nf.png" artTemp
)

scheerce

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 09, 2020, 09:55:54 am
« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2018, 09:09:50 pm »
What an awesome topic.   I love seeing the BASH shell work (I am an old Unix/Linux guy..).   :applaud:

If I were to be selfish, I would love to see a catigory for games that use the spinner, one for the trackball, and one for a flight stick.  Really, I am most interested in the flight stick.

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2018, 10:48:42 pm »
What an awesome topic.   I love seeing the BASH shell work (I am an old Unix/Linux guy..).   :applaud:

If I were to be selfish, I would love to see a catigory for games that use the spinner, one for the trackball, and one for a flight stick.  Really, I am most interested in the flight stick.

Dig into romlister or find a half decent controls.ini and run a cross-reference between that and a master list of the AKNF list.

scheerce

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 09, 2020, 09:55:54 am
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2018, 03:22:53 pm »
Thank you for that recommendation.   I am new so I don't know exactly what you are saying but I will research it.   :)   

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2018, 11:10:37 pm »
Romlister was a handy dandy tool that spit out lists of your roms with search strings by control. It wasnt perfect because the controls.ini that is required to make it work isn't perfect. But it was close. Anyway, I don't think that romlister plays nice with .7z files (maybe it does, I don't recall), but you can always batch rename them to .zip and run your search then back convert since romlister is only looking for rom names and not doing anything specific with the file.

edit: Looks like it's been updated in the past few years so it might be good to go without too much fiddling. https://www.waste.org/~winkles/ROMLister/
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 11:13:01 pm by Le Chuck »

keilmillerjr

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 06, 2023, 10:20:39 pm
  • Web Developer.
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2018, 10:50:50 pm »
Thank you so much for your hard work on these lists. I turned it into tag lists for attract mode, and can be found here.

Monkee

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2018, 09:37:30 am
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2018, 01:05:42 pm »
Thanks a lot for all the hard work BadMouth!  :notworthy:

I just discovered it and would like to use it with the latest romset available, is it compatible?
ALso for the future Mame releases, how can one update the gamelist to stay up to date? Where can we find infos on changes in ROM names and needed bios files?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 01:49:39 pm by Monkee »

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2024, 08:10:48 pm
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2018, 04:51:15 pm »
I just discovered it and would like to use it with the latest romset available, is it compatible?

I do not know.  Probably mostly, if not all.

ALso for the future Mame releases, how can one update the gamelist to stay up to date? Where can we find infos on changes in ROM names and needed bios files?

You'd have to manually look through every whatsnew release notes:
http://mamedev.org/oldrel.html

Myself, I would probably just use it as-is and then wait until I come accross something that doesn't work.

I'm not so much into this stuff any more and have no motivation to keep it updated.
The games themselves aren't going to change.
The lists themselves have been incorporated into a couple front-ends.  I don't know how it was handled there, so those may keep up with the changes automatically.
I'm still on v.146 (or thereabouts) on my cab.

Monkee

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2018, 09:37:30 am
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2018, 04:57:11 pm »
Thank you for your answer.  :)

keilmillerjr

• Offline Offline
  • Web Developer.
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2018, 06:42:23 am »

I do not know.  Probably mostly, if not all.

You'd have to manually look through every whatsnew release notes:
http://mamedev.org/oldrel.html

Myself, I would probably just use it as-is and then wait until I come accross something that doesn't work.

I'm not so much into this stuff any more and have no motivation to keep it updated.
The games themselves aren't going to change.
The lists themselves have been incorporated into a couple front-ends.  I don't know how it was handled there, so those may keep up with the changes automatically.
I'm still on v.146 (or thereabouts) on my cab.

Something like
ls > contents.txt on mac/linux will put filenames in a txt file. I’m sure there is a command to pop off the extension. After, somehow compare to list for attract mode. Will work on later. If anyone wants to help, post up. Probably a good idea to stay up to date, and tag in repo if any changes.

kauedg

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 05, 2018, 10:00:35 pm
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2018, 02:53:30 pm »
I made a bash script that will help the process of copying the "All Killer No Filler" rom list.

Considering that people have MAME roms in either .zip or .7z format, I have changed the list's format to contain only the rom name. The script then asks for the target files' extension, so no changes are needed on the list itself. It would be nice if someone made a bash script on the same format.

At the end the script will list the rom names not found and generate an output file with these names. Later on, the user may pass this file as an input file (maybe running the script pointing to another rom dir, with different extension) or manually pick the missing roms.

Hope it helps someone out there. Any feedback is appreciated.

PS.: rename the "mame_aknf.txt" to ".sh" as the shell script extension is not accepted.

Bash shell script that copies specific MAME rom files, based on a list of names in a text file.
This script's creation was based on the "All Killer, No Filler" rom list thread available at [http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=149708.0].

Parameters:
  -i [Required]         Input file. Path to a text file containing one rom name per line. The rom names must not
                          have an archive extension (.zip, .7z, etc). Rom names starting with "::" will be ignored.

Usage: ./mame_aknf.sh -i [input_file]

THP

• Offline Offline
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2018, 11:21:13 am »
Does anyone have a Hyperspin theme collection for these?  I have about 1/2 of the themes, but it's taking quite a while for me to collect the remainder.

ddonaldson

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 20, 2018, 08:09:19 am
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2018, 11:57:03 am »
Hello everyone!

I'm a longtime lurker..but I just had to log in and say thank you for these filter scripts.

I had a HyperSpin PC MAME machine that I spent weeks configuring..and after working for a few months it completely crapped out.

Any who..I'm using AdvanceMame 3 on RetroPie now - and these came in handy to 99% rebuild my smaller collection.

My cabinet is a four-player NBA Jam with only 3 buttons....so I actually can't use any fighters.

I took the vs fighter script and modified it so it actually deletes all of the fighter roms.

You can do this with any of there scripts, actually.

Just open in NotePad++ and do a find/replace

Replace 'Copy' > 'Del'

Replace "_NoFiller" with '' (nothing)

Anyway, here's the script.

Thanks again!
Just rename the extension, put it into the _NoFiller directory, and double click!

djlunchbox

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 04, 2021, 12:07:54 am
« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2018, 11:37:26 am »
Just want to say thank god i found this.

Question has anyone done this to pull to make a neo geo list?

morton

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 23, 2021, 09:36:59 am
« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2018, 07:00:49 pm »

I am not sure what exactly you're asking, but given that Neo-Geo doesn't have too many titles and they don't take up lots of space, I have a Neo-Geo section that is essentially a different recipe 161 in 1. I would start there and just delete anything you find redundant or poopy.

fablog

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 18, 2024, 10:30:06 pm
« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2018, 10:04:00 pm »
I just stumbled upon this forum... Thanks for sharing your curated MAME list!

I always wanted to make do something similar to trim down the thousands of games available to older 8bit console.... something to get down to collections of games that are not utterly overwhelming. To do so I went ahead and wrote a script to scrape metacritic.com and gamerankings.com to build lists of scores I could use to achieve quality over quantity.

Feel free to grab the data here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BwsYd1k8t0lEfmJPcE5UOGMwekt1TFRWbXZjd0pZUmw0T0ZkTkV0RlBmb2ROV0w2V3FpNkU

There are two folders, one for metacritic, one for gamerankings. Gamerankings.com probably has more useful info since they aggregate scores from various review sites (including metacritic). Under each you'll find review lists grouped per system. And in gamerankings.com's case I made subgroups for how many reviews were available... So for example if you want to make a list of SNES games that were heavily marketed and have an average 80% score, pick the list where each game had at least 10 reviews. If you don't want to miss the occasional gem that fell through the crack, go for the list that had at least 1 review...

Anyways, hopefully someone here will find this data useful and use it to come up with nice concise lists for consoles games.
Thanks mate!

Envoyé de mon LEX722 en utilisant Tapatalk

keilmillerjr

• Offline Offline
  • Web Developer.
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2018, 09:04:14 am »

https://github.com/keilmillerjr/attract-tags
https://github.com/keilmillerjr/attract-tag-parser

Includes a neogeo taglist. Will be redoing attract tag parser soon to have a better command line GUI, but works great as is.

Dochartaigh

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 22, 2023, 10:52:29 pm
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2018, 12:13:54 am »
I hope I didn't miss the answer to this, but I'm using MAME 0.200 and some of the files are missing (or their name has changed in the newer version of MAME). Is there a command I can add to the .bat file which will make it NOT close the window after it's done copying so I can sort through whichever ones aren't copying over (because they're missing), then manually try to find those?

Think I have something like 530 out of 600+ so there's quite a few missing.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 12:43:09 am by Dochartaigh »

Dochartaigh

• Offline Offline
« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2018, 12:41:58 am »
I ran all the killer no filler gamelists against the 3p/4p simultaneous nplayer list for Mame and came up with a single list of all the games for more than 2 players at once. Good for us pedestal types.

Now my kids don't have to go hunting for a game when they have friends over and decide to switch from TMNT to the Cowboys of Moo-Mesa or whatever. I think there are a few errors on the list, but it's a good 95% solution for those interested.

List is attached.

I fixed this list so it's .zip instead of .7z (so it matches the others, and I personally have romsets which only use .zip). Change .txt to .bat.

QUESTION from a noob...I'm going through this list, Crime Fighters is linked to crimefght.zip (2-player ONLY), BUT the 4-player one is crimefghtu. I'm using a merged set. How do I get it (through this _Multi List) to load the crimefghtu version instead? crimefghtu is listed in my regular list (of ALL games), but I can't figure out how to get it to load this particular one (and unzipping it doesn't do it either...).

Not sure if anyone else will find this useful, but I made a Mame UI category file out of these awesome lists. Unzip the attached file and place the "allkiller.ini" file in the "folders" directory in your mame install (v.172 or later). When you launch mame without a rom name (or use MameUI) you can select "categories", then "allkiller.ini" and choose from any of the the All Killer No Filler categories.

Thanks again to BadMouth for putting these together!

I updated this to include the _Multi (3 and 4 player games) as well. Change .txt to .ini and put in C:\mame\folders (like millercentral said!).
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 01:21:50 am by Dochartaigh »

yamatetsu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 07:15:03 am
  • Just because.
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2018, 03:56:38 pm »
Is there a command I can add to the .bat file which will make it NOT close the window after it's done copying so I can sort through whichever ones aren't copying over (because they're missing), then manually try to find those?

pause. This waits for a keypress, after that the window is closed.

You can also direct the output into a .txt file which makes finding the missing files more comfortable.

Open the .bat file with a text editor. It should look something like this

md _vertshmups
copy 1942.zip _vertshmups
::copy 1943.zip _vertshmups
copy 1943u.zip _vertshmups
copy 19xx.zip _vertshmups
copy aerofgts.zip _vertshmups
copy vspsx.zip _vertshmups
copy agalletu.zip  _vertshmups
::copy agallet.zip _vertshmups
copy batrideru.zip _vertshmups
::copy batrider.zip _vertshmups
copy batsugunsp.zip _vertshmups
::copy batsugun.zip _vertshmups

Now go into the search and replace menu, choose replace and replace

.zip _vertshmups

with

.zip _vertshmups >>error.txt

Save and start the .bat file. When it's done, you will have an error.txt file in the destination directory (that would be _vertshmups in my example). Open error.txt in a text editor, look at the first error message, copy some of the text and use the search function to hop from error to error.

Dochartaigh

• Offline Offline
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2018, 04:31:26 pm »
Cool. Thanks. So basically just add ">>error.txt" (with a space before it) to the end of every .zip file listed and I can then look at the error.txt and find which ones are missing. I will do that!

MikeyJ122

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 19, 2019, 08:10:59 am
  • Game on!!!
« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2018, 08:52:07 pm »
I'm interested in these files, but am a little unsure on what to do. Can someone dumb it down and tell me exactly what to do?
ARCADE GAMES RULE!!!

yamatetsu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 07:15:03 am
  • Just because.
« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2018, 12:11:42 pm »
If you want to copy all the roms in the list, download the _nofiller.txt file from the first post and rename the extension from .txt to .bat. Place the file in your MAME rom directory and double click it to start it. It will create a new folder inside the rom directory and then copies all the roms from the list into it.

If you only want to use one or more categories (i.e. only shmups and beat'em ups), go to the first post, follow the links for the categories and download the .txt files. Rename the extension from .txt to .bat, place the file(s) in your MAME rom directory and double click it to start them (it). This will create a new folder (new folders) inside the rom directory and then the roms from the list(s) are copied into it (them).

After that, move all the rom files from the MAME rom directory into a backup directory. Then move all the rom files from your newly created directories into the main rom directory. That's it.

After you have tested the games, you can delete the backup directory.

Seob

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2024, 01:40:33 am
« Reply #71 on: January 06, 2019, 11:50:32 am »
Made some artwork for a few games from the killer list. Didn't find the artwork for it so a bit of DIY.
They are for:
Capcom Baseball
https://hyperspin-fe.com/files/file/19413-cbasebal/
Dommy
https://hyperspin-fe.com/files/file/19412-dommy/
Hatch Catch
https://hyperspin-fe.com/files/file/19414-htchctch/
King of Boxer
https://hyperspin-fe.com/files/file/19415-kingofb/
Koutetsu Yousai Strahl
https://hyperspin-fe.com/files/file/19416-strahl/

bjt42

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 03, 2022, 06:24:37 am
« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2019, 05:08:44 am »
Thanks for these lists, they are a great starting point.

onesikcoupe

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 25, 2019, 08:24:33 pm
« Reply #73 on: August 25, 2019, 03:35:21 pm »
really good stuff here...

brianschlosser

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 06, 2019, 08:51:41 am
« Reply #74 on: November 07, 2019, 05:08:15 pm »
Hey guys, I think I have done everythng right but the new file created in my rom folder is empty?  I changed the file to .bat and when I run it inside my rom folder the command prompt runs for a few seconds and the file is created in the rom folder but its empty.   Anyone have any ideas?  Im sure im missing something simple.

edit: ok i paused the process after I ran the bat file and it says "the system cannot find the file specified" after each game

2nd edit:  do i need to already have all these games and this bat file simply organizes my list for me?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 05:20:18 pm by brianschlosser »

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 01:01:08 pm
  • Designated spam hunter
« Reply #75 on: November 07, 2019, 11:44:04 pm »
2nd edit:  do i need to already have all these games and this bat file simply organizes my list for me?
Correct.

The .bat file does not find/download the ROMs for you. (see Rule 5)

It copies the needed files for these games from a full ROMset in the "roms" folder to a "_NoFiller" sub-folder.

bat file attached which will copy all the necessary roms (including required bios and sound board roms) over from a full romset.
(change the extension to .bat and place it in your rom folder.  Then click on it and it will create a new folder named _NoFiller inside your rom folder and copy all the necessary roms to it.)

Scott

JonTree

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 22, 2020, 09:22:40 pm
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2020, 09:22:51 pm »
Awesome work here, gonna try this when I get home.
One question though, will this work with a new romset or do I need to use a .170 set for it to work?
Thank you!

LiquidDivide

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 04, 2020, 12:54:45 pm
« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2020, 12:43:14 pm »
This is an awesome tool. I can't believe I only heard about it now. Are there any plans to update this for more recent romsets? Also, I wanted to do this on a raspberry pi running retropie. It would be cool if this could be written in python or node something that isn't system dependent so it could work on all systems. Maybe it would be better to host on github or something if updates are planned?

I love the list and I think I only added 3 games to my set once it was done. Games I added:

Go Go Mile Smile -> an interesting action puzzle game. You have to collect items from a maze with monsters that hurt you. You can safely navigate the outside border of the maze, but once you step in you're vulnerable. A button allows you to quickly retreat back to the border zone.
Gain Ground -> One of my favorites growing up. It's a shooter game that requires careful planning and strategy. You have different characters to choose from each stage to complete it and often times you can rescue a new character for new abilities.
Three Wonders -> Three Wonders contains three games from which a player may choose: Midnight Wanderers: Quest for the Chariot is a platform game that sees the player control a hobbit named Lou and his travelling companion, Siva, to run, climb, and shoot at enemies. Chariot: Adventure through the Sky is a shoot 'em up game featuring the characters from Midnight Wanderers, but in a Gradius-esque game.Finally, Don't Pull is a puzzle game that involves you controlling either a rabbit or a squirrel pushing blocks to crush monsters.

redhotiron2004

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 09, 2024, 03:30:32 am
« Reply #78 on: February 07, 2020, 04:26:45 am »
This list is God sent. I am using these in retro pie. But, a lot of these have different names(i got only 350 roms). So, i will need to pick them up manually with this list as base. I have similar list for nes, snes and sega genesis/megadrive which took down the number of games to 1/3rd without me missing out any. I have shortlisted 23 (most played) neogeo games and about 33 ps1 (all time favs) games to go along with them. Its a WIP but its comming out to be good for now. Out of these mame was the most difficult and this list have truly made a huge impact and saved so much time for me. Thanks badmouth.

lllll44

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2024, 07:58:49 pm
« Reply #79 on: April 10, 2020, 09:05:30 am »
What about light gun games?