Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: All Killer, No Filler MAME Gamelists Directory  (Read 325723 times)

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2024, 08:10:48 pm
All Killer, No Filler MAME Gamelists Directory
« on: February 23, 2016, 09:16:41 pm »
EDIT: Banane has updated the batch file to work with the MAME v0.244 romset.  It is attached to reply #106 http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,149708.msg1755952.html#msg1755952
I have not verified.

This is a work in progress DONE!, but I thought it made sense to go ahead and make a directory so people who discover the project can see what lists are available and which ones haven't been done yet.

All killer/No filler gamelists per genre for people who are interested in quality over quantity.
Yes it's subjective, but I trust the judgement of people with a passion for a genre.
This is not about listing every game in a genre.
That would put us right back up to scrolling through thousands of games, most of which suck.

Arcade games only, plain old joystick controls only.

I understand not every game on these lists is "killer", but it sounds better than
"you probably won't miss any games not on this list because they are either redundant in respect to games already on the list or they just aren't that good"

JUST BECAUSE A GAME IS IN THIS LIST DOES NOT MEAN IT IS WORKING 100% CORRECTLY IN MAME.
LOTS OF GREAT GAMES ARE PERFECTLY PLAYABLE, BUT HAVE SMALL SOUND OR GRAPHICS ISSUES CAUSING THEM TO BE LISTED AS NOT PERFECTLY EMULATED IN MAME.
DO NOT USE A NO-NAG VERSION OF MAME AND THEN COMPLAIN TO MAME DEVS AFTER YOU'VE REMOVED THE GIANT RED BOX THEY PUT THERE TO INFORM YOU THAT THERE IS AN ISSUE WITH THE GAME.  IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO ASK ABOUT AN ISSUE, ALWAYS TEST WITH THE UNADULTERATED OFFICIAL MAME BUILD FIRST.

Here are the categories as of now:
(bat file for just the games on an individual list are attached to the first post on their individual thread)

SHMUPS - done.

VsFIGHTERS - done.

SPORTS - done.

PUZZLES - done.

RUN 'N GUN - done.

BEAT 'EM UP/HACK 'N SLASH - done.

PLATFORM - done.

CLASSICS - done.

bat file attached which will copy all the necessary roms (including required bios and sound board roms) over from a full romset.
(change the extension to .bat and place it in your rom folder.  Then click on it and it will create a new folder named _NoFiller inside your rom folder and copy all the necessary roms to it.)

ROM names and needed bios files correct as of MAME v.170
I play tested all the individual bat files this was created from, but have not play tested my way through this overall one.
Let me know if anything is missing.

FINAL NUMBERS:

630 games including those commented out.  The batch file may contain more than this since I included multiple versions of a few games so the user could pick which works best for them.  (2 or 4 player version, Budweiser Tapper or Root Beer Tapper, etc)

I'm using split sets, these numbers may vary depending on type of set and compression method.

4.16 GB roms vs 53.4 GB for full MAME romset.
5.7 GB CHDs vs 370 GB for full MAME set (...and 4GB of that is Gauntlet Legends and Dark Legacy)
Total collection including CHDs, sound samples and artwork is under 10GB vs 423.4 GB for the full set.
Most people are probably looking at around 5GB if they ditch the CHDs their computer isn't fast enough to run.

Batch file for the entire collection is attached.
Rotary joystick games are included.  See the individual Run N Gun thread for instructions on how to configure the controls in MAME so they work properly using buttons to rotate.

The following CHDs are needed:

jojo
kinst
kinst2
mace
sfiii3
hyperath
nagano98
blitz
gauntdl
gauntleg

Sound Samples which can be found here: http://samples.mameworld.info/ are needed for the following games:

Astro Blaster
Buck Rogers
Carnival
Space Panic
Vanguard
Zaxxon

There are samples available for some of the other games on the list, but I couldn't tell where they were missing any sounds on MAME v.170.
You may or may not need others depending on what release of MAME you are using.
These go in the samples folder in your MAME folder.

Artwork files are needed for Asteroids Deluxe and Space Invaders background and overlay.
They can be found here: http://mrdo.mameworld.info/mame_artwork_ingame.php?p=1#here and here: http://mrdo.mameworld.info/mame_artwork_ingame.php?p=14#here
These go in the artwork folder in your MAME folder.

EDIT: If your rom files are 7z instead of zip, see this post:http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,149708.msg1622967.html#msg1622967[/b]

EDIT:
I ran all the killer no filler gamelists against the 3p/4p simultaneous nplayer list for Mame and came up with a single list of all the games for more than 2 players at once. Good for us pedestal types.
See Reply #44 http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,149708.msg1636501.html#msg1636501
« Last Edit: June 09, 2022, 07:01:52 pm by BadMouth »

monkeybomb

• PM me to find out how to get a custom title like mine!
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 03, 2018, 07:16:29 pm
Re: All Killer, No Filler Gamelists Directory
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 09:47:21 pm »
Thank You!

Besides the obvious benefit of the reduced list, I'm curious to see the final size of the mame part of this set.  I know space is cheap but it's still takes a while to back-up 60 gigs when this is most of what people want and will be just a tiny piece of that.

taxidriver6

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 02, 2024, 02:46:44 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 05:20:34 pm »
Wanna say, "Thanks for all the hard work!" as this is a great idea for the new folks. I'm building both a bartop for my son and a cab for me and have struggled mightily with what to put on them. First it was EVERYTHING under the sun, but soon realized that there was no way to actually play everything.

So, I'll keep a complete Mame romset (as well as Console sets) on a master drive, then pull off titles from these lists to put on my projects. Then, if need be, add a few here and there when the need arises.

Once again, "Thanks...!"

harlw

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 17, 2017, 11:38:50 am
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2016, 09:01:04 pm »
Great project

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Peabo

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2021, 05:00:21 pm
  • Pinball junkie
    • Virtual Pinball Build
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2016, 08:22:31 am »
I'll just pile on the the "Thanks for the hard work!", this is a great idea

MydknyteStyrm

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2024, 12:19:41 pm
  • Makeup FX Gamer
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2016, 03:21:24 pm »
Thanks for the excellent lists! I found a few games in each list that I never saw nor tried, and now they're added to my cab.

Any chance of compiling a light gun list? I have quite a few on my cab right now, and would love to compare. If you like I can post them or send the list your way. Dont want to hijack the thread. Thanks! :applaud:

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2016, 03:44:18 pm »
Any chance of compiling a light gun list? I have quite a few on my cab right now, and would love to compare. If you like I can post them or send the list your way. Dont want to hijack the thread. Thanks! :applaud:

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,119925.msg1271123.html#msg1271123

Frank Drebin

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 11, 2022, 04:27:19 pm
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2016, 03:16:29 pm »
I think I've said this before already but I just want to say a big thanks for BM and everyone helping put these lists together.  Too many games actually makes your arcade machine suck.  It makes it way more about the front end and way less about the actual games.  You spend most of the time trying out games that look cool on hyperspin but don't work at all or don't work with your controls, or just suck.  I've just got to add a few lightgun games (most suck) and trackball and spinner games.

Anywhoo, thanks again.

thomas_surles

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 19, 2023, 07:20:00 pm
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2016, 10:28:31 pm »
no who wants to take the time and do one for the nes, snes, and genesis?
I know it's hit or miss, but there are a lot of games that work great on a cab like battle toads.. and I'm drawing a blank... but others

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2016, 01:45:39 pm »
I know it's hit or miss, but there are a lot of games that work great on a cab like battle toads.. and I'm drawing a blank... but others

I can tell you it won't be me!  :lol

Frank Drebin

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2016, 03:00:44 pm »
To me most of the games on the classic consoles mentioned above play just fine on arcade controls.  From the Super Marios to the sports games the difference between a two, three or 6 button gamepad or arcade controls doesn't make the games unplayable.  I agree most were intended for the couch/controller but most guests that come over spend most of the time nostaliga-ing over the old cartridge titles, playing them for a few minutes then seeing what else they forgot about.

I would be interested in some of the newer consoles (N64/Dreamcast/GC/PS1) that graduated to the analog sticks - some of these titles play surprisingly well with arcade controls.  ie) Mario Kart 64/Double Dash!!, Mario Tennis, Super Strikers, etc.  A lot of the time there are two buttons that have very little use, maybe to change views for example, and the difference between analog and digital controls is negligible to 99% of the people who will play at the cabinet.

dmckean

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 13, 2024, 08:50:41 pm
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2016, 05:57:40 pm »

It would be a huge undertaking and would take at least as long as this list did to put together. With NES it would be rather easy. Between Playchoice 10 and Nintendo VS. you'll already have about 80-90% of the stuff that will work really well in a cabinet.

There's a ton of Genesis games that will work well in a cabinet, probably at least 90. Same thing with the Turbografx 16, there's probably 35 high quality shmups alone.

Once you get to the SNES, they added shoulder buttons and controls can get awkward in an arcade cabinet. They'll work, but you'll spend a lot of time with every game finding the best mappings.

thomas_surles

• Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2016, 07:04:16 pm »

It would be a huge undertaking and would take at least as long as this list did to put together. With NES it would be rather easy. Between Playchoice 10 and Nintendo VS. you'll already have about 80-90% of the stuff that will work really well in a cabinet.

There's a ton of Genesis games that will work well in a cabinet, probably at least 90. Same thing with the Turbografx 16, there's probably 35 high quality shmups alone.

Once you get to the SNES, they added shoulder buttons and controls can get awkward in an arcade cabinet. They'll work, but you'll spend a lot of time with every game finding the best mappings.
I wish I could find a better layout for the snes.
Y X L
B A R
that is my current layout. it works good for mortal kombat. but like  super Mario and dk country are akward. to run you have to hold t and jump with b.

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:02:22 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2016, 07:06:15 pm »

Although I'm not a fan of console games in my arcade cab based on my experience with it, I would concur with Dave that the NES games are fine, but the SNES and above just don't feel right. Damn shoulder buttons.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

thomas_surles

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2016, 07:31:59 pm »

Although I'm not a fan of console games in my arcade cab based on my experience with it, I would concur with Dave that the NES games are fine, but the SNES and above just don't feel right. Damn shoulder buttons.
maybe I should take the time to do a write up 4 or less button snes games with the perfect layout.
battle toads in battlemaniacs for example is great on a cab.

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:02:22 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2016, 07:34:24 pm »

maybe I should take the time to do a write up 4 or less button snes games with the perfect layout.
battle toads in battlemaniacs for example is great on a cab.
That would be useful.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

dmckean

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 13, 2024, 08:50:41 pm
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2016, 07:54:58 pm »

I thought it would be cool back when I built my first stick, but it really wasn't. Even for older games I prefer controllers. I keep two of each of the originals around with usb adapters.

DrakeTungsten

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 14, 2022, 06:36:45 pm
  • I effed with the wrong person!
    • No Quarter - a basic FE, WIP
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2016, 09:41:53 pm »

Yes, I've done just that for every game in my favorites lists. Over half my console games required button mapping which deviated from the standard mapping I have for the console. If somebody takes on the job (of both creating the lists and finding the best button mapping per game), perhaps my documentation can help create a starting point. Even given that my idea of a good mapping scheme for any individual game may be at odds with a majority view, it seems my 50 or so console game documentation would make a better starting point than starting from scratch.

I'm attaching two example game documents, one SNES game and one Genesis game. I have a six-button control panel. The bottom row is a red button, then a blue one, and then a yellow one. The top row goes orange, blue yellow. So the larger-sized circles represent the physical layout of the buttons. The roman numeral in the top right indicates the number of simultaneous players (as far as I'm concerned, hot-seat or taking-turns games may as well be single-player). The circles below the roman numeral indicate the button sequence which gets you from the initial screen to actually playing the game.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 09:43:57 pm by DrakeTungsten »
No Quarter - a basic FE, WIP

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2016, 02:01:12 pm »
Calling it DONE for now!  Batch file & final tallies are on the first post.
I have no intention of being obligated to keep this updated through revisions of MAME, but I may add on a missed game here and there.

It's not the list to end all lists, but it gives someone a reasonable starting point for whittling it down to their own tastes.
630 isn't an unrealistic number of games to play test over time.

Thanks to all that contributed.   :cheers:

Frank Drebin

• Offline Offline
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2016, 05:24:27 pm »
Awesome! :applaud:

This should be a sticky.  I PM'd Saint but no reply.

I'll be using a second Mame wheel on my hyperspin setup with just these games.  Same game/CHD folders but just using the batch files to edit the wheel images.  That way I still have a full wheel to "show off" (themes only) and an actual usable wheel. 
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 05:30:14 pm by Frank Drebin »

Antropus

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2017, 01:09:19 am
    • Antropus' Online Portfolio
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2016, 05:10:31 pm »
Just stopping by to say thank you for your hard work and to tell you that I'm adding your list as one of the filters for a brand new list generator I'm introducing in a few weeks.
Someone at the Launchbox forums mentioned that this would be a cool little feature and I agreed to add it as a filter overwrite :)

Check it out:
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,150785.0.html

-Kris

ppv

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 16, 2020, 03:08:56 pm
  • The cheap@ss gamer
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2016, 06:22:22 pm »
Wow, just wow! :o 8) :applaud: I know what a massive work this is! :notworthy:
Doing arcades, the cheap@ss way!
First Project : ttp://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,151071.0.html
Next one : The Token Muncher [urlhttp://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,135417.0.html[/url]

taxidriver6

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 02, 2024, 02:46:44 pm
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2016, 01:53:56 pm »
Thanks for all the hard work BadMouth! Much appreciated!

sealcouch

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2023, 09:28:56 pm
Re: All Killer, No Filler MAME Gamelists Directory
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2016, 06:28:36 pm »
Bumping this because it deserves to be stickied. Helped narrow down my game list on my mame cab in the best possible way.

n3wt0n

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 27, 2024, 05:03:38 pm
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2016, 08:39:50 pm »
Thanks for taking the time to put this together BadMouth!  :applaud:

TheDotEater

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2021, 08:27:24 am
  • I did build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2016, 06:46:36 pm »
Bumping this because it deserves to be stickied. Helped narrow down my game list on my mame cab in the best possible way.
Thanks for bumping this! I totally missed this. It really should be stickied. And thanks to BM for all the hard work!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

DeLuSioNal29

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2023, 11:39:06 pm
  • Build the impossible -"There is no Spoon"
    • DeLuSioNaL's YouTube Videos
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2016, 04:47:35 pm »
 :applaud:

And... Stickied!

DeL
Stop by my Youtube channel and leave a comment:

millercentral

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 07, 2024, 04:38:47 pm
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2016, 01:34:09 am »
Not sure if anyone else will find this useful, but I made a Mame UI category file out of these awesome lists. Unzip the attached file and place the "allkiller.ini" file in the "folders" directory in your mame install (v.172 or later). When you launch mame without a rom name (or use MameUI) you can select "categories", then "allkiller.ini" and choose from any of the the All Killer No Filler categories.

Thanks again to BadMouth for putting these together!

jeremymtc

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2024, 04:49:20 am
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2016, 06:13:41 pm »
Badmouth, thank you very much for your hard work. It is very much appreciated.

Also, thanks millercentral for the condensed .ini file!

jlaidlaw86

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2017, 10:49:23 pm
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2017, 03:28:14 pm »
The links to the game lists for individual categories is no longer working. I need these lists because I am trying to keep sega model 2,3, naomi, and taito x separate from my mame roms. Can anyone provide these game lists?

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2017, 05:28:26 pm »
The links to the game lists for individual categories is no longer working. I need these lists because I am trying to keep sega model 2,3, naomi, and taito x separate from my mame roms. Can anyone provide these game lists?

Just checked a few and they worked fine.  ???
(they are attached to the first post in the thread the link takes you to)

jlaidlaw86

• Offline Offline
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2017, 07:39:00 pm »
They weren't working earlier but they are definitely working for me now. sorry for false alarm

Are the NAOMI, Model 2 and 3, Atomiswave, and Type X games playable in MAME? I thought MAME couldn't play any of these systems due to compatibility issues and no modern PC's being fast enough to handle the emulation

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2017, 11:49:53 am »
They weren't working earlier but they are definitely working for me now. sorry for false alarm

Are the NAOMI, Model 2 and 3, Atomiswave, and Type X games playable in MAME? I thought MAME couldn't play any of these systems due to compatibility issues and no modern PC's being fast enough to handle the emulation
No, they aren't playable in MAME.
Most of what's in the full MAME romset isn't playable.
That's why they are listed separately.
Since they aren't playable in MAME, they aren't included in the batch files.

I have my front end (Mala) set up to include these games in lists alongside the MAME games, but launch them on their respective emulator.  It's complicated though and Mala no longer works with new versions of MAME without workarounds.

I think Launchbox incorporates ways to do this, but I haven't tried that front end yet.  My setup is working, so no reason to redo it with something newer.

jlaidlaw86

• Offline Offline
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2017, 07:35:44 pm »
Thanks for the help. Don't laugh but I am running these games on a PC hooked up to my TV and I plan on running everything from the Mame core in Retroarch using an xbox 360 controller. No fancy arcade cab or Frontend setup for me.

I do have a few more questions. I have a list of Light gun games and 270 wheel racing games and I would like to copy them over into separate folders similar to what you have done here for other genres.

1. Based on the reading I have done it seems that the 270 degree wheel games should work fine with a xbox 360 controller (though I am sure many purists would be offended by this). Is my assumption correct?

2. For Light gun games I could probably get away with rigging a wiimote up with ppjoy correct? (I dont have the money to shell out for an aimtrack)

3. Most important question - Since I have my list of games I want to copy over (I am using split sets), what is the best way to go about finding all of the games and necessary files to run them (CHDs, Bios, etc)? Is there a way to automate this or a program that will tell me? I am guessing I only need parent roms because if I understand correctly clones for the most part are just variations of the games and I am not really interested in that (except in situations where the clone runs in MAME but not the parent, and how would I be able to identify this situation without manual testing?)

Sorry if this is not the right place for me to ask this question. If it isnt I can repost elsewhere. I am a complete noob who just wants a decent setup on my PC and any help is greatly appreciated

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2017, 09:53:09 am »
Thanks for the help. Don't laugh but I am running these games on a PC hooked up to my TV and I plan on running everything from the Mame core in Retroarch using an xbox 360 controller. No fancy arcade cab or Frontend setup for me.

I do have a few more questions. I have a list of Light gun games and 270 wheel racing games and I would like to copy them over into separate folders similar to what you have done here for other genres.

1. Based on the reading I have done it seems that the 270 degree wheel games should work fine with a xbox 360 controller (though I am sure many purists would be offended by this). Is my assumption correct?

2. For Light gun games I could probably get away with rigging a wiimote up with ppjoy correct? (I dont have the money to shell out for an aimtrack)

3. Most important question - Since I have my list of games I want to copy over (I am using split sets), what is the best way to go about finding all of the games and necessary files to run them (CHDs, Bios, etc)? Is there a way to automate this or a program that will tell me? I am guessing I only need parent roms because if I understand correctly clones for the most part are just variations of the games and I am not really interested in that (except in situations where the clone runs in MAME but not the parent, and how would I be able to identify this situation without manual testing?)

Sorry if this is not the right place for me to ask this question. If it isnt I can repost elsewhere. I am a complete noob who just wants a decent setup on my PC and any help is greatly appreciated

I'm not familiar with Retroarch or how the MAME build it uses varies from the real MAME build.  A lot of time these alternate versions are missing options or behave differently.
Depending on which version of MAME it's based off of, some of the rom names might not even be correct for it

1. Should be no problem, but it' not plug and play like the standardized JAMMA joystick games.  See the MAME section of the driving cab info thread stickied in the driving cab subforum.

2. As far from plug and play as it gets.  If you have dozens of hours to invest in configuring it.  Also no idea if it will work with retroarch.  Buying a Mayflash Dolphin Bar will cut out a lot of the configuration pain.

3. I used http://www.progettoemma.net/ when making these lists, then play tested the games and MAME would tell me if anything else was missing.  Click on the British flag at the top of the menu on the left for English.

I can't walk you through this stuff.  You just have to jump in and fiddle with it until you start to understand how MAME works.
When something doesn't work, figure out why, then move forward with your increased knowledge.
By the time you work past a few problems, you'll have an idea how to fix the next problem when you come to it.

ChurchOfSolipsism

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2023, 01:43:39 pm
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2017, 04:12:32 pm »
Man, this is awesome - thanks a bunch! I remember sifting through lists for weeks when I configured a Mame machine last time, it was pure hell. Now I can invest the time saved into Hyperspin!  :banghead:

Leafblower

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 05, 2019, 10:49:14 am
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2017, 11:37:23 am »
Thanks alot for this list!  :applaud:

Took me a little while to realise, but your list is copying .Zip files, and my ROM pack was in .7z  :dizzy:

If anyone else is having the same issue, I redid the list so it now copy's .7z.

Testet with MAME pack 0.181, and you get 650 files.

If your pack is in .rar or anyone format, just open the file in Notepad (remember is has to be named .txt for this) and use the "Search / Replace" function in notepad, takes about 10 sec.

Brilliant work m8, brilliant  :notworthy:

fablog

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 18, 2024, 10:30:06 pm
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2017, 11:33:42 am »
Thanks a lot @Badmouth to organize this thread. It's very useful for me for creating playlists with Launchbox :)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 12:51:29 pm by fablog »

letstalkaboutdune

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 05, 2017, 07:32:30 pm
  • Newbie MAMEr
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2017, 12:26:16 pm »
Thanks to @BadMouth and everyone who contributed to the list development! This has been very helpful as I get my new arcade cabinet setup and dive into the deep end of MAME.

fablog

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 18, 2024, 10:30:06 pm
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2017, 08:58:14 pm »
I made various playlist with this work for Launchbox. I share them on the LB forum.

Envoyé de mon Nexus 4 en utilisant Tapatalk