Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Where do I start with 50% complete Tempest and Asteroids CABS  (Read 1483 times)

Bev

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2018, 12:29:42 pm
  • Clueless, but love buying games and trying tofix
Where do I start with 50% complete Tempest and Asteroids CABS
« on: February 21, 2016, 11:30:31 pm »
Just bought them,

Asteroids upright project. Has monitor tube/frame, but no deflection board or HV cage. Power supply, harness, AR1, PCB, CP are all there. Missing test panel, back door, cashbox, bezel. AR1 needs rebuild, board has signs of life but I haven't tested 100%.

Tempest upright project. Cab is OK, No PCB, monitor, back door, speaker. Most of the rest is there, including the CP (fully populated), power brick, AR2, harness, bezel. 

I don't want to dump a bunch of money into the games as I want to play them home use and as I can tell these monitors alone are $200 to $700. I love the cabs and want to play the games.

I'm seriously considering buying 2 different multicade boards that have each game on them and using that with an LCD to dedicate each game. other option is having a buddy MAME a computer for each game loading right to the game.

I know some will say hell no, but for me to get them working again could mean $400 to 1K each and that's not gonna happen. I'm not looking to multicade or add buttons and joysticks, I want to keep it as original as possible without the cost and expertise.

I would appreciate any advise on what you would do in the situation I am in. Thanks guys! Steve  :cheers:         
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 11:39:04 pm by Bev »

cw

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 12, 2024, 07:18:37 pm
  • Game over man game over
    • The Cab
Re: Where do I start with 50% complete Tempest and Asteroids CABS
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 07:26:38 am »
black and white vector parts and much easier to find... just needing the hv cage and deflection... which monitor do you have wells or electro?