Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Easy way to run Windows with G400 and arcade monit  (Read 2866 times)

Mikeman

• Trade Count: (0)
Easy way to run Windows with G400 and arcade monit
« on: July 02, 2002, 08:45:55 pm »
There's an EASY way to get things to work for guys with a G400.  You can plug the arcade monitor in output #2 of the video card, set TV-OUT to ON, CLONE mode, and click on advanced and select type:SCART-RGB.  I know the windows says only for europe but it works fine with NTSC.  This gives you a 15Khz RGB output of Windows up to 1024 X 768.  You then just run the windows version of MAME.  The pinout of the #2 output to get this to work is:

1 - RED
2 - GREEN
3 - BLUE
4 - Composite sync
5 - Ground.
12 - connect to pin 15 - This lets the G400 know that there is a TV-OUT cable attached

I wish I could have known this 2 years ago...  I used to run the system in DOS with ARCADEOS.  Now I run Windows, MAME AND Daphne on my arcade monitor.. WOOHOO!!!  Cliff hanger brings back a lot of memories!

BTW all the above info was found in the Matrox Tech support forums..  There's a wealth of info there...

Mike
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »