Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: anyone have luck with mala background sound  (Read 2602 times)

sshaw10

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 11, 2021, 12:51:40 am
  • Oops!
anyone have luck with mala background sound
« on: February 13, 2016, 02:34:10 am »
Trolled for a couple days and seems there's still a problem with background music in mala.  Took the option out of the layout and set it in mala, tried mp3 with stripped tags and wav files.  Tried adding several files and checking box to repeat list, tried newest mala beta version.  I have to manually start it but once started it plays one file in the list and stops.  debug show it getting the file and starting a playlist but I don't see any error regarding repeat.  If anyone had any luck recently please let me know how you have it set up. Thanks.

big10p

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 01, 2023, 01:46:23 pm
  • Mmmm, arcade classics!
Re: anyone have luck with mala background sound
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 05:17:41 am »
Background music play in MaLa seems to be pretty heavily bugged. I just gave up on it, TBH.

burn_654

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2024, 03:31:13 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: anyone have luck with mala background sound
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 12:46:40 pm »
I ended up doing some experimenting with playing music with foobar2000 in the background instead and forgoing the mala music system - foobar can launch minimized and pause, play next and play random via command line which seemed to work okay for me.

I was at the point with mala where I could get music entering/exiting mame fine, but pc games it was hit or miss whether it properly paused the music when launching it. By starting the music with another program I was able to control it using .ahk files for my pc games to pause and resume on game exit...(still get a failure to resume music once in a while...needs some tweaking) but it seems to work much better.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 12:49:43 pm by burn_654 »