Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: New MA/Mame setup and having a bit of trouble  (Read 2298 times)

beldave

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 12, 2016, 12:07:58 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
New MA/Mame setup and having a bit of trouble
« on: February 11, 2016, 08:55:41 pm »
Hey folks - thank you for any help you can offer.

First time setup of Maximus and Mame and I've read through a lot of trouble shooting guides trying to figure this out.

When I try to load any rom in MA, I get a black screen and it hangs on that.  I've already switched the to the long form in the MA preferences and no dice.  The roms all work in Mame itself, just not MA.

Using MA 2.10 and Mame version 1.70 (which I believe includes the fix to the XML issue of machine vs game)

Running it on Windows 7.

Any advice?  Thanks!!!

EDIT:  Apparently Mame version 1.70 does still use the word machine in the gamelist file rather than game.  Currently changing it now to see if this resolves the issues.

SECOND EDIT:  It was indeed the machine/game issue with Mame v1.70.  However now, the journey begins in searching forums to figure out why the X-Arcade Tankstick controls are only half working.  Buttons are mapped correctly, but inside of a game, half of them do not work.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 12:28:54 am by beldave »