Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: 2 Player Street Fighter V Bartop - 100% Complete!  (Read 15353 times)

processedmeat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 18, 2024, 06:49:22 pm
  • Ikeakade Here I come!
2 Player Street Fighter V Bartop - 100% Complete!
« on: February 05, 2016, 04:58:26 pm »
Probably against the advice from some of you awesome builders on this forum, I've decided to go ahead with my plans to build a 2 player Street Fighter V Bartop for my brother and his upcoming birthday.

One reason why this is a bartop is that they don't have the largest house and if they need to move it somewhere, it would be easier to move than a full size cabinet and hide in a closet or in their garage.

I found an old Chun Li image on DeviantArt that is serving as the inspiration for the theme for this build.  I was looking for something a little understated and classy and different from the other Street Fighter builds out there.

It will be powered by a mini-ITX Intel G3528 cpu and motherboard with a 960 GTX video card and a 24" IPS monitor.

Move details to come.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 08:28:45 pm by processedmeat »

processedmeat

• Offline Offline
  • Ikeakade Here I come!
Re: 1 & 2 Player Street Fighter V Bartop
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 06:10:43 pm »
I eventually decided that I would have removable 1 player (8 buttons) and 2 player (6 button each) control panels.  I know the payoff is small for this but I figure for the times when my brother wants to play by himself he can be situated in the middle of the screen and have access to the 7th and 8th buttons.

He is an old school player so I know that he prefers the stiff IL batsticks to the Sanwa and Seimitsu ball top sticks that are popular with the fighting crowd today.  Also, I had a hard time finding someone that could prepare a custom metal control panel for a decent price so I had to go with the thicker mdf which worked out with the IL sticks.

processedmeat

• Offline Offline
  • Ikeakade Here I come!
Re: 2 Player Street Fighter V Bartop
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 06:14:50 pm »
Since I had high aspirations to get this done in 4 weeks before his birthday, I had to prep all of the artwork first and get it printed first before anything was built.  Very scary indeed!

Here is the marquee design that I ultimately settled on.

And then it was off to BYOAC guy Ken Cromwell for vinyl, polycarbonate and translite printing.

processedmeat

• Offline Offline
  • Ikeakade Here I come!
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2016, 06:27:41 pm »
Once the art was sent off it was to work in the garage building it out of 3/4" MDF.  In the past, I tried to just slowly jigsaw everything but I decided this time that I'll get one of those smaller 4-1/2" Rockwell Circular Saws and a clamping edging to get those straight cuts.  I would say that it was one of my best purchases ever as the blade was large enough in diameter to cut straight and at the same time, small enough to feel like I had total control over where the blade was going.

It also was fortuitous that 23-7/8" happened to be the width of the bartop which was going to save me lots of cuts since I was going to purchase 24" width MDF at Home Depot any way.

I also got over my fear of a router and the slot cutting the sides of the boards were a cinch though extremely dusty.  Thanks BYOAC members for suggesting that you test the depth from both sides of the board to make sure that you are cutting right down the middle.

Things going well so far.

GSXRMovistar

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 02, 2023, 07:10:28 pm
  • Gez, this is gonna be expensive!
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,148135.0.html
    • CoffeeCade
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 07:49:34 am »
How about adding either a trackball or spinner to the second control panel? If you are going to the effort of building two you may as well gain more than just two extra buttons.

Token

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 20, 2021, 03:45:43 pm
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 08:26:03 am »
 :applaud:

Excellent artwork.

processedmeat

• Offline Offline
  • Ikeakade Here I come!
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2016, 10:53:45 am »
So the next step was to figure how to paint or vinyl the parts that weren't going to be covered by the side art.  I really hate painting so I started with vinyl.  I prepped the MDF with some primer spray paint, sanded it, and then used ORACAL 970RA-070 MATTE BLACK Wrapping Cast Vinyl Film from Amazon to cover up those pieces.  I had ordered 10 sq feet of it but I quickly realized that I didn't have enough to go around each piece so I decided to only wrap the fronts and the sides of each piece.  This turned out to not be a good idea as the vinyl on the 3/4" thick sides kept wanting to peel off.   It might have been that the sides were just primered and not sprayed with a glossy surface.  The interior of the side panels I ended up just can spraying with black paint. 

I think vinyl is a good way to go but in the end it turned out to be more expensive than if I had just sprayed the entire thing.  And if you have a piece that are removable or has openings that are exposed and not covered with a flange (like my back panel), pulling and cutting the vinyl to make it look good proved to be more difficult than my present skill level with it. 

processedmeat

• Offline Offline
  • Ikeakade Here I come!
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2016, 11:04:45 am »
For the back panel, I wanted to make sure that I got enough ventilation since I have a PC and a discrete graphics card in there.  On Amazon, there was a nice price on a laptop cooler with very large and quiet fans and I thought it would be perfect to throw in there.  So I cut with my mini circular saw and then routed with a round bit and with another bit that would create a lip onto which to mount the laptop cooler onto it with screws.

I purchased a perforated aluminum sheet from Amazon, cut it and hot glued it to the interior. 

« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 08:35:30 pm by processedmeat »

processedmeat

• Offline Offline
  • Ikeakade Here I come!
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2016, 11:31:02 am »
For the speakers, I bought a pair of cheap Pyle 4 inchers and took apart a refurbished Logitech Z130 for the amplifier.  The reason I took apart the Z130 instead of buying an amplifier board was that the Z130 had a headphone jack that I thought my sister in law would appreciate if my brother was playing on this machine loudly, and it has a long all in one volume and power knob that I could feed through the 3/4 MDF.  So this meant I just had to match up two holes on the exterior of the speaker panel.  Also, there is a hack where you can increase the gain on these speakers.  Just Google Z130 Hack and you'll see the youtube videos on this.  In the end, I'm about 75% satisfied with this setup as there is still distortion at the higher volumes.  I not sure if its the cheap speakers or that the amp isn't powerful enough. 

I routed out a hole for the board to sit in, drilled the two holes, and a healthy dose of hot glue over everything will ensure that it doesn't come out.

For the marquee lighting, I had some 12V led strips that I hot glued together to piece of thin wood and on the backside I JB welded some some neodymium magnets.  Then I screwed in some L brackets for the led panel so I could stand it up.

The nice thing about having a full PC in this is the PC power supply can basically power everything.  I rewired some molex power cables and plugged the amp and the led strips up to the yellow and black molex of the PC power supply.

I learned from my previous builds to make sure every wire can by unplugged especially in the middle of the connection.  Especially when something breaks and you have to troubleshoot.   So I made sure that every wire had plugs that can be unplugged instead of soldering everything together.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 12:09:45 pm by processedmeat »

processedmeat

• Offline Offline
  • Ikeakade Here I come!
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2016, 12:07:15 pm »
One of main reasons why I love these forums and these build logs is all of the creative ways in which you builders engineer solutions to common problems.  I thought I would focus on a few of my new favorite building components.

I used the white modesty or fixit blocks and wood glue to put the entire bartop together instead of using square dowels and drilling holes through them.  They are already countersunk and for 3/4" MDF, cheap 1" drywall screws grab tight and you don't have to worry about them bulging through.  And with a impact driver, they make building a snap.  The funny thing is that I still have to order these things from the UK as I can't find them anywhere in the States.

I have a nice Hispanic dollar store in my neighborhood that has a wide variety of hardware on the cheap.  They sell a package of 4 various sized L brackets and the corresponding wood screws for you guessed it, a dollar.  I noticed that clasp that holds down the control panel kept flopping down and getting in the way of the joystick mounting on the underside of the control panel.  So I bent the L bracket and screwed it in to keep the clasp from falling all the way down.  I also used these L brackets for the marquee lights, for mounting the graphics card, mounting the internal WIFI antennas, and plexi monitor holder.  Also as you can see in this photo, I mounted the smart power strip and the PC power supply using these L brackets.  I JB welded some L brackets onto these items which gave me a way to secure these items on the cabinet.

Also magnetic door latches for the front and back panels.  Need I say more?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 12:10:56 pm by processedmeat »

processedmeat

• Offline Offline
  • Ikeakade Here I come!
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2016, 12:22:53 pm »
Since I have removable control panels, my old trick of having the monitor plexi sit on angle iron that is screwed onto the control panel wouldn't work anymore.  So I decided to have the plexi sit behind and under the control panel.

I JB welded some small L brackets to an angle iron and then put some threaded inserts (another new favorite item) with bolts into the side panels.  Since I have come to believe first hand why the great Ben Heck says you have to build things that can be easily taken apart, this allows the holder to swivel when the bolts are loosen and allows the plexi to be pulled out in case we have to access the monitor from the front.

processedmeat

• Offline Offline
  • Ikeakade Here I come!
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2016, 12:30:10 pm »
Speaking of these threaded inserts, I bought a package of 50 from Amazon (E-Z Lok Threaded Insert, Zinc, Hex-Flanged, #10-24 Internal Threads, 0.394" Length) and I used them to bottom mount my joysticks and for the angle iron (another favorite) marquee holder as well. 

Again, this makes taking apart things or switching things out much easier.  In the past when I used screws in MDF and had to screw and unscrew multiple times, it got to the point where the hole wouldn't hold the screw anymore.

processedmeat

• Offline Offline
  • Ikeakade Here I come!
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2016, 12:51:07 pm »
Here are what the two control panels eventually looked like when installed.  I ultimately went with the Zero Delay Arcade pcbs from FocusAttack as they are reasonably priced since I'll need three of them and also come with a whole set of wiring. 

As seen in an earlier photo, there is a dual USB mount where the USB plugs of Zero Delays will plug into.  Hopefully, I don't get the USB issues of the controls forgetting which side is player one and player two.  That will be a software issue to tackle later.

Its not really visible from the photos but I tore the polycarbonate control panel sticker a little when I was drilling through it using a forstner bit.  Luckily, I was able to reconstruct it piece by piece and hide most of the imperfection under button collar.   Once I realized that going slow and steady when cutting through the polycarbonate was the way to go, things went very smoothly. 

Now the most nerve wracking part, the thing that would make or break the first impressions of the project, applying the side panel art...
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 12:55:20 pm by processedmeat »

walls83

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 10, 2017, 02:58:45 pm
  • beer is good
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2016, 12:53:47 pm »
Nice work.  I love the art.

You should bring the tail of RYUs headband towards the front of the cab like Chun Li's. 

"A true warrior enters the arena with all his powers at the ready." ~ Gouki

processedmeat

• Offline Offline
  • Ikeakade Here I come!
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2016, 01:06:30 pm »
Nice work.  I love the art.

You should bring the tail of RYUs headband towards the front of the cab like Chun Li's.

Yup, that's an awesome idea.  Unfortunately, I've already printed the side art.  "regret..."

Credit to Dragonkahn at Deviantart

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Chun-Li-Vectorized-409282

processedmeat

• Offline Offline
  • Ikeakade Here I come!
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2016, 02:29:38 pm »
I've decided to hold off on the dreaded side art until I can really cleanup my garage and keep the dust down to a minimum.  So I figure this is as good as anytime to start on the software. 

First, I started with getting Street Fighter IV and V installed through Steam (thanks to the cheap prices at cdkeys.com) and making sure that the joysticks and buttons work.  Unfortunately from my research, Street Fighter V doesn't directly recognize the direct input controls of the No Delay pcb and only supports Xinput.  So after reading a bunch of posts I found this workaround with x360ce at

I "tested" it for about an hour with mixed results but I'm not sure if there was any more input lag or if it was due to my meager skills.  Though I share his last name, I'm definitely no Justin Wong.

Also I got a lot of screen tearing and not knowing if it was normal (since I'm not a real PC gamer) I found that I needed to turn on V-sync for the graphics drivers which for AMD card is called Wait for Vertical Refresh.  Apparently in Street Fighter IV the option in the in-game menu doesn't support it.

I also researched the loss of the USB controller order and will be looking at Tur's Game Controller Order over at the Hyperspin forums and the ControllerRemap over on this forum.

I've never been able to get Hyperspin working correctly and Gameex was much more user friendly for me.  However, Hyperspin just looks so darn cool so I decided to use this opportunity to see if I can get it going again.

This time, I luckily stumbled upon https://gameroomsolutions.com/setup-hyperspin-mame-hyperlaunch-full-guide/ and it made more sense this time.

Update: The instructions seem a little old since you are installing RockterLauncher now so you have to make sure
to Open your HyperSpin\Settings\Settings.ini file and set the path where you installed RocketLauncher.

[Main]
Hyperlaunch_Path=H:\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncher.exe

AND make sure in RocketLauncherUI, select the General Settings -> RocketLauncher tab, and set the Default Frontend Path to point to the location of your HyperSpin.exe file

So I'm going to make two wheels: one for arcade classics and the other for a street fighter anthology

Now to figure out how to get both mame and steam games on the same wheel...
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 05:47:35 pm by processedmeat »

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 03:06:18 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2016, 04:02:04 pm »
This looks absolutely awesome dude, great job! Love the artwork.

nitrogen_widget

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:02:12 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2016, 09:22:15 pm »
Once the art was sent off it was to work in the garage building it out of 3/4" MDF.  In the past, I tried to just slowly jigsaw everything but I decided this time that I'll get one of those smaller 4-1/2" Rockwell Circular Saws and a clamping edging to get those straight cuts.  I would say that it was one of my best purchases ever as the blade was large enough in diameter to cut straight and at the same time, small enough to feel like I had total control over where the blade was going.

It also was fortuitous that 23-7/8" happened to be the width of the bartop which was going to save me lots of cuts since I was going to purchase 24" width MDF at Home Depot any way.

I used a regular sized saw but clamped them together after i cut the first side, and it is the best way to do it.
Maybe a plunge router would be better but I don't have one,  but I do want one of those 4" jobs they seem less wieldly than a full sized circular saw.

processedmeat

• Offline Offline
  • Ikeakade Here I come!
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2016, 08:29:44 pm »
So I followed the Giga Guides on Youtube to get Fix it Felix and Flappy Bird installed in the Arcade Classics (Mame) wheel. 

At first, I kept getting an error about Rocketlauncher not being about to launch Fix it Felix because of missing emulators and not finding it in emulator.ini.  After racking my brain for a while, I found a post where you had to change in RocketLauncherUI the "skip checks to rom and emu" option in the settings, and things started to work.

Then I tackled the problem of putting the Steam versions of SFIV and SFV in the wheel.  Again, I followed Giga Guides' instructions on setting up PC games for Hyperspin.  I tried his Steam guide but I could never get it to work. 

I found a post online where somebody setup .bat files instead to launch these Steam games and it worked perfectly.

"Right click on Steam game desktop shortcut
Select and copy the game id within url i.e. steam://rungameid/228400
Create a new text document
Enter the following within the txt document: "start steam://rungameid/228400" (Change the ID # to match yours)
Save the document and close it
Change the file extension to '.bat' and save
Configure your pc games like you normally do except instead of entering a steamID or the traditional executable, select the .bat file we just created.
You will also need to set FadeTitle in the traditional way. - Go in modules → PCLauncher - edit global module"

« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 11:11:52 pm by processedmeat »

processedmeat

• Offline Offline
  • Ikeakade Here I come!
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2016, 11:36:00 pm »
To hide Windows 7, I used the Win7BootUpdate program to put in a custom animation and load screen.

Then I replaced the starting and shutdown backgrounds using the TweaksLogon program.

I then used Hypertheme to customize Hyperspin that would better match the theme of the bartop.  Here's the Street Fighter Wheel menu title screen:

And finally, I customized the exit screen so it looks like this:

So thinking that I got all of the software going now, it became evident that Hyperspin stinks when it comes to being controlled by a joystick.   After some searching on the internet, I discovered that I needed to install Joytokey or some other encoder to make it work properly.

I followed the instructions on https://gameroomsolutions.com/hyperspin-controller-setup-with-joytokey-and-gamepad/ and soon found out that it those directions didn't work with my Fix it Felix and Flappy Bird games since they weren't using Mame.  It turns out that you also need to setup the "_default" profile in RocketLauncherUI and within that profile setup a "subprofile" called PCGames or some thing like that with the correct buttons.  Then you need to associate this subprofile with Fix It Felix and Flappy Bird.  The thing that was confusing was that all of the other profiles e.g. Hyperspin, RocketLauncher that are setup in the directions, they have nothing to do with your game setups but just for Hyperspin and the Pause Menu.

processedmeat

• Offline Offline
  • Ikeakade Here I come!
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2016, 12:22:09 am »
I then had to setup a startup script that loads Steam, Joytokey and Hyperspin, in that order with a delay between each program so I don't lose focus on Hyperspin.  When I made a .bat file, the cmd window would pop up even with the "echo off" command.

I found that if you used a visual basic script instead, you can hide the command window and have a silent startup.

Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
WScript.Sleep 2000
WshShell.Run chr(34) & "C:\RocketLauncher\Profiles\Joytokey\joytokey.exe" & Chr(34), 0
WScript.Sleep 2000
WshShell.Run chr(34) & "C:\Hyperspin\hyperspin.exe" & Chr(34), 0
Set WshShell = Nothing

processedmeat

• Offline Offline
  • Ikeakade Here I come!
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2016, 12:23:35 am »
F*cccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!

Note to self, don't rush your graphics, otherwise you get dumb mistakes like this...

SNAAKE

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 11, 2024, 12:21:50 pm
  • my joystick is bigger than your joystick !
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2016, 12:29:41 am »
 :laugh2:

Slippyblade

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 16, 2023, 11:39:51 am
  • And to the death god we say, "Not today!"
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2016, 06:15:25 pm »
Oh man, that sucks!  Much sympathy.

ppv

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 16, 2020, 03:08:56 pm
  • The cheap@ss gamer
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2016, 10:15:46 pm »
And subscribed! A lot of great ideas and software tricks! Kudos!
Doing arcades, the cheap@ss way!
First Project : ttp://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,151071.0.html
Next one : The Token Muncher [urlhttp://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,135417.0.html[/url]

processedmeat

• Offline Offline
  • Ikeakade Here I come!
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2016, 08:19:05 pm »
Thanks to Ken Cromwell (byoacrequests@gmail.com), he got me back in action quickly with a new "slightly" modified side art print.  I printed it a little larger than I needed so that I could reduce my margin of error in aligning it.  With lots of masking tape, I used John's technique from John's Arcade where he heavily tapes the middle, unpeels the top, cuts off the backing and then uses his squeegee upward from the middle to affix the vinyl.  Once the top is affixed, the bottom should be lined up properly, so he unpeels from the middle, squeegeeing towards the bottom until the whole sticker is affixed to the side.  The only differences are 1) since Ken uses the Oracal Rapid Air vinyl, I don't have to use the Rapid Tac that John uses 2) I use a 12 inch plastic school ruler with rounded edges as my squeegee.  I feel like I can get fewer bubbles if I do it this way.

Start watching from about 1 hour and 12 minutes in...

After getting both sides on, I used my rubber mallet to install the white T-moulding.  The only place where I couldn't get it totally flushed was the transition between the vertical monitor and the control panel.  Next time, I need to make it more rounder. 

Also, though it was a pain to put on the T-moulding vertically, especially around the bottom, I folded the vinyl around the edges and then hammered the T-moulding on top of it for a very clean look.  I'm definitely gonna do this again in the future.

processedmeat

• Offline Offline
  • Ikeakade Here I come!
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2016, 08:23:06 pm »
And now, the final piece of the puzzle, the serial number plate.  Using the instructions found here:

http://www.tighelory.com/2011/06/how-to-serial-number-plates-for-virtual.html

100% Complete!  Just 2 months over schedule :(

Slippyblade

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 16, 2023, 11:39:51 am
  • And to the death god we say, "Not today!"
Re: 2 Player Street Fighter V Bartop - 100% Complete!
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2016, 12:55:09 pm »
That looks great.  I love a simple and clean look and you've got that here.

Guywiththegun

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 17, 2020, 12:00:21 pm
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2016, 01:53:59 pm »
Love this whole idea and execution. Kudos.

GSXRMovistar

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 02, 2023, 07:10:28 pm
  • Gez, this is gonna be expensive!
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,148135.0.html
    • CoffeeCade
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2016, 04:47:52 pm »
Looks great, very professional finish.

n3wt0n

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 27, 2024, 05:03:38 pm
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2016, 07:56:10 am »
This build looks really good. I like that you included the bit about the botched side art - sometimes ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- happens and you just have to own it.  :applaud:

beaches

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2024, 08:25:39 pm
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2016, 06:12:43 pm »
Nice job, you've done a very good bartop and the plate it's spectacular.

processedmeat

• Offline Offline
  • Ikeakade Here I come!
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2016, 01:22:47 pm »
So in the midst of testing, I noticed that Mame keeps defaulting the 2nd player controls and thus losing the 2nd player coin and start buttons whenever I switch out the 1 and 2 player control panels.

I'm not sure if this is the right way to do it but its been working.

In the mame.ini file, under CORE INPUT OPTIONS, I have mame load up a specific control file, in this case "2player"

#
# CORE INPUT OPTIONS
#
coin_lockout              1
ctrlr                     2player
mouse                     0
joystick                  1
lightgun                  0

Then in the cltrl folder of the mame directory, I created a 2player.cfg that includes the following lines:

<port type="START2">
                <newseq type="standard">
                    JOYCODE_2_BUTTON9
                </newseq>
            </port>
            <port type="COIN2">
                <newseq type="standard">
                    JOYCODE_2_BUTTON10
                </newseq>
            </port>

So whether the 1 player or 2 player control panels are in, these buttons are always assigned and don't default back to the mame default configuration.

Oniboi

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 03, 2016, 05:14:33 pm
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2016, 03:51:48 pm »
How do you power on the PC?

yamatetsu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 03:08:31 pm
  • Just because.
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2016, 05:59:11 pm »
Nice build !

How about posting it in the I completed my project! I posted a pic and a link to my project thread sticky ? This is intended as a resource to be able to quickly find completed projects. So someone looking for your build would be able to browse through the thread, see a pic of your build and then click on the link to the build thread.

It's not much work, just a pic, a link to your thread, the finish date and maybe the start date.

processedmeat

• Offline Offline
  • Ikeakade Here I come!
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2016, 01:07:25 am »
How do you power on the PC?

The front button is wired to the motherboard power switch header.  I also have one of those power saving strips that will power on the lcd monitor whenever the computer turns on.

Oniboi

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 03, 2016, 05:14:33 pm
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2016, 12:58:35 pm »
How did you mount your monitor and glass? My cab width is 23 7/8" the monitor is 17.4". The monitor alone is 20lbs. I made my cp removable with some latches.

processedmeat

• Offline Offline
  • Ikeakade Here I come!
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2016, 01:39:07 pm »
How did you mount your monitor and glass? My cab width is 23 7/8" the monitor is 17.4". The monitor alone is 20lbs. I made my cp removable with some latches.

For the monitor, I just took a board that is cab width and screwed in some of those modesty blocks that I mentioned above on the sides, and then drilled holes that matched the vesa screw holes on the back of the monitor.  After screwing the monitor to the board, I then figured out what angle I wanted the monitor and then screwed it into the sides of cab.  Sorry, I don't have the cab anymore so I can't provide you any photos of it.

The plexi just sits on top of the monitor and is held in place with that angle iron that is in one of the photos above.  The angle iron should go right under your removable control panel.

Hope this helps.

cdw21

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 25, 2021, 01:50:15 am
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2018, 12:52:54 am »
Wow, great bartop. Im in the early stages of planning a bartop build for my kids. The style of yours here is very nice, especially the extra room you have for your wrists to rest on the control panel. Do you happen to have any plans or measurements of this so I can do something similar? I know not everyone likes to share plans so I am willing to pay for them as you did the work.

processedmeat

• Offline Offline
  • Ikeakade Here I come!
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2018, 02:16:00 pm »
I don't have the exact measurements but I laid it out in Photoshop before cutting my pieces.  Let me know if you need more info.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 02:18:16 pm by processedmeat »