Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: New to MaLa, few questions.  (Read 2961 times)

robbbby

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 05, 2022, 05:11:00 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
New to MaLa, few questions.
« on: January 30, 2016, 03:14:59 pm »
My apologies if any of this has been asked as i'm sure it has, i've searched but there's so many results to scroll through.

1. Is there a way to only show the original roms in the gamelist?  When scrolling through the list every game has like 10 copies whether it's a bootleg or from another country, i'd like just the original to make browsing easier.

2.  I've tried a couple layouts so far, all of them seem to have very small text for the gamelist.  Any way to increase gamelist fontsize?

3.  Is there anyways to advance through the gamelist by letter?  I know when I was using hyperspin left/right or holding left/right would advance alphabetically.

4.  Is there any easy to follow tutorials on how to setup video previews for each game?

Thanks

big10p

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 01, 2023, 01:46:23 pm
  • Mmmm, arcade classics!
Re: New to MaLa, few questions.
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 04:28:29 pm »
My apologies if any of this has been asked as i'm sure it has, i've searched but there's so many results to scroll through.

1. Is there a way to only show the original roms in the gamelist?  When scrolling through the list every game has like 10 copies whether it's a bootleg or from another country, i'd like just the original to make browsing easier.
In the MaLa config dialog, click MAME Config tab, then Basics tab. Click on Game Collection Options button and click on the Only Masters check box.

2.  I've tried a couple layouts so far, all of them seem to have very small text for the gamelist.  Any way to increase gamelist fontsize?
Launch the Mala Layout editor (a separate program to MaLa) and double-click on the game list. This will bring up a dialog that lets you change font size, among other things.

3.  Is there anyways to advance through the gamelist by letter?  I know when I was using hyperspin left/right or holding left/right would advance alphabetically.
Not that I can think of off the top of my head.

4.  Is there any easy to follow tutorials on how to setup video previews for each game?
If you're using a layout that has video preview window, just go to MAME Config->Pictures & Videos. In the Attract Video field, tell MaLa where your preview video files are stored on your computer.

robbbby

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 04:36:19 pm »
Awesome, thanks so much.

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2024, 08:10:48 pm
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2016, 05:03:45 pm »
On number 3, there is indeed an option to advance to the next letter.  It's right there where you map the controls in mala.  You can also advance by X number of games.  You can choose hoow many X is.   Sorry, would post a pic of the tab, but on phone.

robbbby

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2016, 07:27:16 pm »
Sweet, got it figured out, now would just be nice if you can advance by letter intervals and X amount of games.
Take street fighter for example, super easy to browse to the 'S' now but once there, there is lots to go through before getting to the "ST"

harveybirdman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 19, 2024, 12:40:25 pm
  • SHMUP'EM
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2016, 08:14:03 pm »
You can advance by letter it's on same tab you set the advance by x number.  I have button set to advance by letter and others set to change emulators