Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mega touch gold blank screen  (Read 3038 times)

Nomadwltnot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 14, 2016, 01:18:18 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Mega touch gold blank screen
« on: January 26, 2016, 11:58:35 am »
Hello all, I am having issues with my mega touch gold... The machine turns on and boots up, however all I am getting is a beeping from the machine... The monitor stays black and does not show any picture at all.. I hooked up a monitor to the mother board and know the game boots up and starts... You can even select the games through the touch screen but no picture... Just beeping... Any help would be appreciated!

I'm in south jersey and if I need board work am not sure where to send it.

Thanks steve

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 10:37:01 am
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: Mega touch gold blank screen
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 02:52:24 pm »
beeping (tweeting clicking ticking) is usually a sign of a shorted component in the monitor. usually it's just some bad capacitors but sometimes the HOT that drives the high voltage goes and they can be quite cumbersome to replace.

i suggest you peel it open and take a look at the board and see if you see any capacitors that look like this:

« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 02:59:54 pm by lilshawn »