Front End Support > Maximus Arcade

How I add credits and starting game?

(1/2) > >>

haf_k:
Apologies for the silly question... but I am assigning my buttons in controller tab in Maximus Arcade but I can't find how I can add the credit and start game buttons, so far I am using the number 5 and 1 from my keyboard to start playing..
Any help please?

JDFan:
Sounds like you are using MAME (since you mention 5 and 1 - the MAME defaults for those settings) - so you will want to set those keys in MAME not Maximus.

So to change the key used for those settings you want to launch a game and then press the tab key which will bring up the mame menu - then select "Input (general)" ( for setting all games ) or "Input(this game)" (If wanting to set buttons for just that specific game) then "Other Controls" -- select the setting you want to change (ie 1 Player Start) and set it to the button you want to use for starting player 1 ( highlight the setting and hit enter to open editing and press the button you want to use for that setting - NOTE : you can set multiple keys/buttons for each setting by pressing the first key/button and then pressing enter again on the same setting and then pressing the second key/button before leaving that line (if you make a mistake just move to another line and then back to that seting line and hit enter to edit again) -- repeat for other settings.

SO for instance to set player 1 start to either 1 or a button on your Control panel you would go to 1 player start - press enter - press 1 - press enter again - press the player 1 start button - move to another line and you will see that 1 player start now shows "1 or player 1 start button"  as the settings

haf_k:

Many many Thanks! Works fine, so that means that for MAME I need to setup the buttons in MAME settings and for any other emulator in MA?

JDFan:

--- Quote from: haf_k on January 17, 2016, 01:53:56 pm ---
Many many Thanks! Works fine, so that means that for MAME I need to setup the buttons in MAME settings and for any other emulator in MA?

--- End quote ---

other emulators will be setup in those emulators - MA is just the front end that opens/closes each of the emulators as needed --SO when you select a game in MA it opens/closes the emulator for that game and launches the game - when you exit the game MA again takes over and closes that emulator and returns to MA's menu until you choose another game at which time it opens the emulator for that game and opens the new game etc. etc.

haf_k:

--- Quote from: JDFan on January 17, 2016, 03:14:30 pm ---
--- Quote from: haf_k on January 17, 2016, 01:53:56 pm ---

--- End quote ---

other emulators will be setup in those emulators - MA is just the front end that opens/closes each of the emulators as needed --SO when you select a game in MA it opens/closes the emulator for that game and launches the game - when you exit the game MA again takes over and closes that emulator and returns to MA's menu until you choose another game at which time it opens the emulator for that game and opens the new game etc. etc.

--- End quote ---

That makes sense, didn't know that and spend so much time trying different options.
Thank you again for your help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version