Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: How I add credits and starting game?  (Read 12088 times)

haf_k

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 26, 2017, 05:56:02 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
How I add credits and starting game?
« on: January 17, 2016, 12:41:44 pm »
Apologies for the silly question... but I am assigning my buttons in controller tab in Maximus Arcade but I can't find how I can add the credit and start game buttons, so far I am using the number 5 and 1 from my keyboard to start playing..
Any help please?

JDFan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2023, 04:07:42 pm
Re: How I add credits and starting game?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 01:17:49 pm »
Sounds like you are using MAME (since you mention 5 and 1 - the MAME defaults for those settings) - so you will want to set those keys in MAME not Maximus.

So to change the key used for those settings you want to launch a game and then press the tab key which will bring up the mame menu - then select "Input (general)" ( for setting all games ) or "Input(this game)" (If wanting to set buttons for just that specific game) then "Other Controls" -- select the setting you want to change (ie 1 Player Start) and set it to the button you want to use for starting player 1 ( highlight the setting and hit enter to open editing and press the button you want to use for that setting - NOTE : you can set multiple keys/buttons for each setting by pressing the first key/button and then pressing enter again on the same setting and then pressing the second key/button before leaving that line (if you make a mistake just move to another line and then back to that seting line and hit enter to edit again) -- repeat for other settings.

SO for instance to set player 1 start to either 1 or a button on your Control panel you would go to 1 player start - press enter - press 1 - press enter again - press the player 1 start button - move to another line and you will see that 1 player start now shows "1 or player 1 start button"  as the settings
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 01:28:46 pm by JDFan »

haf_k

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 01:53:56 pm »

Many many Thanks! Works fine, so that means that for MAME I need to setup the buttons in MAME settings and for any other emulator in MA?

JDFan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2023, 04:07:42 pm
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 03:14:30 pm »

Many many Thanks! Works fine, so that means that for MAME I need to setup the buttons in MAME settings and for any other emulator in MA?

other emulators will be setup in those emulators - MA is just the front end that opens/closes each of the emulators as needed --SO when you select a game in MA it opens/closes the emulator for that game and launches the game - when you exit the game MA again takes over and closes that emulator and returns to MA's menu until you choose another game at which time it opens the emulator for that game and opens the new game etc. etc.

haf_k

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2016, 03:50:39 pm »

other emulators will be setup in those emulators - MA is just the front end that opens/closes each of the emulators as needed --SO when you select a game in MA it opens/closes the emulator for that game and launches the game - when you exit the game MA again takes over and closes that emulator and returns to MA's menu until you choose another game at which time it opens the emulator for that game and opens the new game etc. etc.

That makes sense, didn't know that and spend so much time trying different options.
Thank you again for your help.

shenck

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 20, 2021, 11:31:27 am
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2021, 12:00:36 pm »
I feel like I am having a similar problem and I cannot understand what to do....I had a few buttons on my multicade not working so I purchased/installed new joysticks and buttons for the entire machine.  I did not realize that then nothing would work.  Per the advice I have been reading online, I need to launch a game and then use the TAB key to program all of my buttons.  This is great except I cannot figure out how to give myself credits or launch a game from the keyboard.  Is there a simple way to do this.  Sorry, I am a total rookie here.

Firebat138

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 05, 2024, 01:20:35 pm
  • Head Brewer and Arcade Enthusiast
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2021, 03:53:03 pm »
On the Keyboard, The 1 key will start a game and 5 will add credits by default.  Hot Tab to enter the Config and you will see where you can assign keys
Click below to see my Metal Gear/Splinter Cell Machine... http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=108360.0

Click below to see my PinCab - PinWARS
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,164660.0.html