Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Background image moved down after exiting a Taito X game  (Read 2832 times)

romshark

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 16, 2023, 02:50:59 pm
  • Arcade and Robotics enthusiast
Background image moved down after exiting a Taito X game
« on: January 16, 2016, 06:53:22 pm »
After I run a Taito X game (such as BlazBlu Continuum Shift), the background image in the Mala layout has shifted down quite a bit. I'm not sure how to fix it, short of closing and restarting Mala. I've tried running the games (typex_loader.exe game.exe) as both shortcuts (*.lnk files) and as .bat files. I've tried setting the PC to different resolutions. I've checked through Mala settings and tried various setting in GUI->Display. Tried both the last stable (1.7.4) and the latest beta version. Nothing seems to fix this.
Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 07:02:52 pm by romshark »

big10p

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 01, 2023, 01:46:23 pm
  • Mmmm, arcade classics!
Re: Background image moved down after exiting a Taito X game
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 06:10:37 am »
Did you try setting the following check box in settings?

GUI->Game Start/Quit->Reorder layout after game quit

romshark

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 11:04:52 am »
I just tried that, but it didn't work.

haynor666

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 04, 2024, 03:20:27 am
  • retro maniac
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 04:04:59 am »
There are many problems with Taito Type X games and not only with this frontend but also with F.E.E.L. and MAMEWAH for example Raiden IV every frontend I tried after quit minimalizes. Probsbly You have to live with this.

romshark

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 01:09:16 pm »
Yeah, I figured it might not be easy to fix (since we're running these games in a way they're not meant to be run in.) However, I did get a workaround for this problem, using batch routines.
I noticed the "starting" logo pops up, then goes away. After a couple seconds, the game loads. On other games (like normal MAME), the "Starting" notification stays up until the game takes over. So somehow, control is passing back to Mala for a bit before the Taito X game loads. So that's why the reorder layout screen option doesn't work. The layout is reordered before the game even runs.
Using a batch routine, a screen pops up and has a "press any key to continue" before passing control back to Mala. If the game is run before closing the batch routine, and "reorder layout" is on, the layout will reorder upon closing the batch routine window. Not the smoothest looking option, but it works.

Code: [Select]
::Launcher for BlazeBlue Contiuum Shift
::BBCS.bat
@echo off
echo.
echo Launching BlazeBlue Continuum Shift
D:
cd\taito\BBCS\
typex_loader.exe game.exe
echo.
echo.
echo Don't press any joysticks or buttons until the game loads.
echo After you quit the game, pressing any button to return
echo to the Mala Frontend.
pause

Of course, this means you can't have the window minimized or hidden for this "emulator" in Mala.

haynor666

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 04, 2024, 03:20:27 am
  • retro maniac
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2016, 04:47:28 pm »
I use the same method to eliminate the same behaviour in MAMEWAH though if I remember correctly Raiden IV refuses to work this way.