Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: (SOLVED) No game list for Atari 2600  (Read 3877 times)

Emre

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2019, 06:10:11 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
(SOLVED) No game list for Atari 2600
« on: January 13, 2016, 03:38:34 am »
Hi,

I'm using Maximum Arcade for a while with no problems. Every emulator just worked fine. I decided to try Atari 2600 and couldnt manage to get the game list. No matter what i tried games won't be listed in MA. Using mess (tried stella too), rom folder path is correct, tried both .zip and .a26, rescanned roms, force rescanned media folder but no go. There's something wrong with game list.

Ed: Stupid me, the reason game list didn't show was i switched to favorite list accidentaly and since i didn't add any game to that list, it was empty.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 08:59:45 am by Emre »

Sandman71

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 03, 2022, 10:33:08 am
  • All wife wanted was Outrun.
Re: (SOLVED) No game list for Atari 2600
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 08:48:49 am »
Somewhat related to this topic, since you have it working.  When you are using MAME for mame games and also need to use MAME/MESS for another system (like Atari 2600, etc because Maximus does not say it supports Stella), do you use the same MAME directory for multiple ROM folders?  ie, MAME roms, Atari roms, etc.  Or should you just "point" Maximus to the location of the roms?  I've tried everything and cant seem to get MESS to work with anything.  Even tried installing MAME in multiple directories matching the console. 

THANK YOU!