Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: California Speed errors in MAME  (Read 3047 times)

DarthMarino

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 06:30:34 pm
California Speed errors in MAME
« on: January 12, 2016, 08:20:00 pm »
Does anyone else get game crashing errors fairly routinely in California Speed on MAME?  One time I was able to fully complete the main "Do the State" mode but most of the time the game will give me a black error screen at some point.  This is an in game error ("Error -- File Queue Is Busy"), not a Windows error. 

Some of them I can even repeat by driving on certain parts of the courses or by using certain cars on certain courses.  For example, if I pick that Cadillac in the second row and switch to the pink version, it will crash right in the beginning of a race on Willow Springs.  If I pick a different color, this doesn't happen. This is only on version 2.1a as that color doesn't appear to be on 1.0r7a. This isn't the only time I get it but just an example that is guaranteed to crash it.

This applies to both versions available in MAME. I realize it isn't a popular game, but I find it strange that I don't see any mention of this.

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 13, 2024, 01:06:22 pm
Re: California Speed errors in MAME
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 09:34:54 pm »
I played the game regularly back when my driving cab was up and running.
The cab was still running a version of MAME somewhere in the 130's though.
It never had any issues except for some funky looking trees on some levels.
IIRC they had a black box around them.
I most likely never picked the pink cadillac either.  :D

DarthMarino

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 06:30:34 pm
Re: California Speed errors in MAME
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 11:43:41 pm »
Some of the older MAME's I have like 0.138 and 0.142 didn't like the CHD's I had.  Once I got to 0.151 the game worked and the infamous Pink Cadillac didn't crash on Willow Springs.  All of a sudden even my current versions of MAME were free of the Pink Cadillac crash.  I started playing through the Do The State mode on a recent version and got pretty far.  Unfortunately, now I can get it to crash every time using the green Charger looking thing in the second row on Mt. Shasta.  This happens in 0.151 as well as newer versions like 0.165 and 0.162.