Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: X-Arcade Tankstick Wiring Question  (Read 6129 times)

Frick

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2013, 07:25:45 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
X-Arcade Tankstick Wiring Question
« on: February 23, 2013, 11:19:55 pm »
We're building a MAME machine for the office and had an X-Arcade Tankstick donated to us... minus the "PC cable".  It's going to take X-Gaming 2-3 weeks to ship us a new one, so we were wondering if anyone with a tankstick could possibly provide the pinout for their "PC cable" (Serial -> USB + PS/2).  We tried a serial to USB adapter before realizing that the serial output is non-standard and is just carrying USB and PS/2.  Anyone with this cable and a multi-meter handy?  Your time would be greatly appreciated!

BobA

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 11, 2018, 09:52:14 pm
  • What Me Worry?
Re: X-Arcade Tankstick Wiring Question
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 11:43:32 pm »
Here is a thread about the old Xarcade pc cable.   It is very difficult info to come by and I have not seen info on the newer cable with USB.  You wait is probably the only way to get a guaranteed working cable.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=61615.msg627788#msg627788

Frick

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 12:01:53 am »
Thanks for the reply!  Unfortunately that was the only info I came by as well in my search.  I was actually surprised to not find anything, anywhere online about the USB cable.   :-\  So again, if anyone happens to have one lying around, we'd really love the help!  Otherwise our office hackday project is quite literally relegated to just the trackball since that USB cable is attached.  haha

Frick

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 10:09:27 pm »
Had them rush us a cable (had those in stock, just not the PCB that usually comes with it) and for the greater good I've put together this pinout for anyone else that may stumble across this thread.

marcushg85

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 11, 2016, 10:35:45 am
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 09:42:10 am »
hi there, this drawing helped me so much long ago. now i bought an xbox adapter for x-arcade, but i miss also the serial cable (console extension) which looks like a male to male serial cable, but i'm almost sure it isn't a standard cable. Can someone show me how it is? (measuring with multimeter or something)...