Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Maximus Arcade setup through an external hard drive *problem*  (Read 2769 times)

BasedLegnd

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 17, 2017, 01:49:04 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Hello everyone, First time post as a new user so I'll try to be as clear and possible. I'm running Maximus Arcade 2.10 on my Windows XP Professional 32bit system that I found next to a dumpster. I only have 80gbs of hard drive space on the computer and would like to configure my Maximus Arcade setup through my 500gb 3.0usb Seagate freeagent goflex external drive.

Now when I configure Maximus Arcade along with a few emulators (Nestopia,ZSNES,Project 64) on my local 80gb C drive it runs perfect, launches right to the games. Although when I configure everything through my external drive using the same steps used to configure on my local drive I get a black screen(with no sound) or various errors when launching a game with ONE except with ZSNES where I can choose a rom through the emulator itself, but that's not what I'm aiming for. I've tried many things like trying to run the emulators on my local C drive while roms are on the external drive, MA on the C drive and external drive, but nothing seems to work when directories are pointed to the external drive.

Is it even possible to have everything run off of an external hard drive? Any help is greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 07:29:48 pm by BasedLegnd »