Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: NES/Famicom Multicarts  (Read 7824 times)

Locke141

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Never grow up.
Re: NES/Famicom Multicarts
« Reply #120 on: May 02, 2017, 07:26:03 pm »

Turns out Final Fantasy 2 & 3 never had NES release.  FF3 is unplayable but FF2 appears to be a decent fan translation.

Yea, Here are links to FF2&3 fan translations patches.

https://www.romhacking.net/games/126/

https://www.romhacking.net/games/127/

Kidpanda

• Offline Offline
« Reply #121 on: May 02, 2017, 10:58:13 pm »
I know the FF3 translation is solid as my buddy and I bought a repro CIB copy for a friend od ours and he played all the way through it with no issues.

kane916

• Offline Offline
« Reply #122 on: May 03, 2017, 04:18:59 am »
I'm thinking of lugging out a smaller crt and getting that multicart with all the lightgun games on it.  Does anyone have any info on that one?

Never heard of this I would love to try one. I have a nes and crt already set up in my garage just haven't been able to get myself to invest in an everdrive when really all I want it for is light gun games. Any info or links for a cheap light gun games multi cart would be great.

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • Buy a Multimeter
« Reply #123 on: May 03, 2017, 07:48:10 am »
I am looking to expand my NES library beyond the handful of games I have at home. Is there any advantage these multicarts hold over an EverDrive besides price?

pbj

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #124 on: May 03, 2017, 09:48:05 am »
Nah, I can't think of any advantages.  They're idiot proof and the menus look better than Everdrive.

Howard - tell us more of these multicarts for light guns.

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • Buy a Multimeter
« Reply #125 on: May 03, 2017, 09:55:46 am »
Thanks.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #126 on: May 03, 2017, 01:00:46 pm »
Nah, I can't think of any advantages.  They're idiot proof and the menus look better than Everdrive.

Howard - tell us more of these multicarts for light guns.

I haven't ordered one yet, but there was one on the site that shall not be named that contained every NES lightgun game.  It wasn't particularly expensive either.  I think there are actually a few on that multicart I got ages ago, but I haven't had my NES hooked up in several months so I would have to check. 

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #127 on: May 03, 2017, 01:18:17 pm »
I just checked... the red 150-in-1 carts like I have contain Wild Gunmen, Hogan's Alley, Duck Hunt, and Bayou Billy (has lightgun stages).  So that's 1/4 of the games right there.  The only remaining good ones are Barker Bill and Gumshoe imho. 

I checked aliexpress and they aren't carrying the multicart anymore.... or at least I couldn't find it with their crappy search function.  At one point they had a snes 6 in 1 with a bunch of bazooka.... er lightgun games on it, but I don't see that one either.  I guess I should have bought them when I had the chance. 

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #128 on: May 03, 2017, 03:27:48 pm »
Gotta move quick.  I think they make exactly one batch of these PCBs before moving onto the next version.

I remember kinda liking Gotcha! back in the day.  NES was fairly lousy for gun games, to be honest.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #129 on: May 03, 2017, 08:59:50 pm »
Yeah Gotcha! was pretty decent. 

Well I'm trying to find a good lightgun solution.  I need to talk to headkaze about expanding his vjoy program and then I can finish my mayflash bar program. 

I've also been thinking of using that "broken" wii I picked up as a dedicated lightgun box.  Throw all the emulators on there and just add the lightgun games to the main menu.  The wii itself has plenty of lightgun games as well, including several arcade ports.  I think there is a version of mame as well. 

I still prefer real lightguns, it just crts are such a pain in the butt... especially the bigger ones that would make gun games really fun. 

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #130 on: May 03, 2017, 09:02:54 pm »
Wii had a nice version of Big Buck Hunter.  That game is forgiving enough to allow magic wand controls.

Locke141

• Offline Offline
  • Never grow up.
« Reply #131 on: May 07, 2017, 08:00:48 am »
At over $50, there not the kind of thing you just order to see if whats what but SNES multicarts are a thing as well.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 06:36:17 pm by Locke141 »

Locke141

• Offline Offline
  • Never grow up.
« Reply #132 on: July 01, 2017, 12:00:09 am »
this made me smile. But just wanted to share it because there seems to be a battery inside. Working saves?

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #133 on: July 01, 2017, 02:01:44 pm »
It's probably for Kirby.  All the ones out this year have a battery save... just for Kirby. 

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31