Main > Lightguns

Gun talk - Sega Type-II IR Gun setup

(1/19) > >>

twistedsymphony:

--- Quote from: DudeRegular on January 02, 2016, 08:24:19 pm ---I have been searching for one of those global vr usb gun boards to try my hand at a multi shooter and ran across this. I figured someone would like it.

--- End quote ---

I recently bought a complete Sega Type-II IR Gun setup (used in Jurassic Park, HOTD2 and every light gun game Sega has made since).

It uses 10 or 12 IR sensors around the monitor and the gun board is designed to work with a normal JST I/O board which means it's just simple analog stick signals (0-5V for x-pos and 0-5V for y-pos). I'm planning on using an A-PAC or something similar to have it mapped in the PC as an an analog joystick or mouse pointer. I haven't got the parts in yet by I'm hoping it will allow me to have legit arcade controls for light-gun use.

Howard_Casto:
Keep us in the loop.  It sounds like an interesting solution.

05SRT4:

twistedsymphony:

--- Quote from: Howard_Casto on January 06, 2016, 01:14:29 pm ---Keep us in the loop.  It sounds like an interesting solution.

--- End quote ---

I'll definitely start a thread about it once I have all the hardware together and start working out the details.

DudeRegular:

--- Quote from: twistedsymphony on January 06, 2016, 09:23:13 am ---
--- Quote from: DudeRegular on January 02, 2016, 08:24:19 pm ---I have been searching for one of those global vr usb gun boards to try my hand at a multi shooter and ran across this. I figured someone would like it.

--- End quote ---

I recently bought a complete Sega Type-II IR Gun setup (used in Jurassic Park, HOTD2 and every light gun game Sega has made since).

It uses 10 or 12 IR sensors around the monitor and the gun board is designed to work with a normal JST I/O board which means it's just simple analog stick signals (0-5V for x-pos and 0-5V for y-pos). I'm planning on using an A-PAC or something similar to have it mapped in the PC as an an analog joystick or mouse pointer. I haven't got the parts in yet by I'm hoping it will allow me to have legit arcade controls for light-gun use.

--- End quote ---
Interested to see how that turns out for you. That may be another option for me. I have some happ 45s that are ready to go and a big showcase cab with a 34 in monitor that i wanted to use.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version