Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Help resurrecting a Defender  (Read 1532 times)

nemike

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 09, 2022, 02:16:33 pm
  • I restore games for a hobby!
Help resurrecting a Defender
« on: February 05, 2016, 12:02:31 pm »
I saw there was at one point some Defender savy people here and I'm hoping they are still around.  I got a Defender I'm trying to get working, I've replaced all the eproms and replaced all the ram with the 4164 ram (and of course made the changes to accommodate them) but when I turn it on I only get solid 4 leds on the rom board, no flash just solid on.  I've even pulled all the roms but rom3 which I understand is where the test code is.  I also hear no sound when it turns on.  The power supply has been replaced with a switching power supply and voltages look good.  What is the minimum I can put on the bench instead of trying to work inside the cabinet?  I'm assuming cpu and rom board....  Any pointers appreciated.

Thanks

jennifer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 11, 2023, 06:24:58 am
Re: Help resurrecting a Defender
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 12:27:49 pm »
    Not really understanding, but as far as bench testing goes, you can pigtail the board with extension cables (plug into existing , rather than cut and splice) this allows you to lay the boards on the bench and still maintain cab functions.... *Jennifer gets all jealous of your defender  :-[*) Welcome new friend.

Bev

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2018, 12:29:42 pm
  • Clueless, but love buying games and trying tofix
Re: Help resurrecting a Defender
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 10:57:21 pm »
JRock ?  ;D