Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Help me decide my I-Pac Requirements  (Read 990 times)

ZPaul2Fresh8

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 06, 2020, 03:01:59 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Help me decide my I-Pac Requirements
« on: January 07, 2016, 07:45:48 pm »
Building a modern 4 player Mame with approximately  51 inputs. Also going with RGB leds as well so I'm calculating 117 outputs needed as well.

I'm guessing I'll need (2) I-Pac Ultimate I/O's. 48 inputs and 96 outputs each.

My questions & concerns are,

1: will they work in conjunction with each other?

2: is there a cheaper alternative than $99 each?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

divemaster127

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2018, 08:05:08 pm
  • My webstore is arcadeemulator.net
    • arcadeemulator.net
Re: Help me decide my I-Pac Requirements
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2016, 09:11:48 pm »
I would just use a ipac4 & a led PacLED64 Advanced LED Controller.  It will save you money & less conflicts or use just one ultimate I/0 & buy the wiring for players 3, 4.

I used to have a 4 player cpu, but I rarely had 4 players.  So I did what a lot of mamers did & built a ultimate 2 player

If you need any of these items I am a reseller for Ultimarc & I ship from the US.  My webstore is arcadeemulator.net
thanks
dm
I carry both ultimarc & happ items, all brand new & I ship from the united states. My online store is ARCADEEMULATOR.NET, pm if I can help in anyway.

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2016, 11:10:42 pm »
What are the dimensions on that beast of a panel, I can't quite read the picture.
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

AndyWarne

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2021, 03:37:09 am
    • Ultimarc
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 07:16:40 am »

For a panel with the number of inputs and outputs you mention, it would need 2 X Ultimate I/O. We have special firmware to set one board to a different ID. Dont forget the price includes all switch wiring and LED power cable.

But another solution for a very large panel, which is also pre-wired like the Ultimate I/O would be to use two x Mini-PAC and two x PacLED64.
The other advantage of that solution is you would be able to mount each of the boards on its own side of the panel thus avoiding any wire-length issues and the standard wiring harness would reach and also the wiring on our RGB LEDs would reach so everything would plug together easily.