Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Force Radion woes  (Read 2836 times)

datdoodbill

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 05, 2016, 03:32:02 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Force Radion woes
« on: January 05, 2016, 03:31:16 pm »
I have a  Radion....purchased it for Christmas....It was supposed to have a new hard drive and when I tested it
it was working perfectly....I took it home and when we plugged it in on christmas day the screen popped up and
started scrolling like it should then went black.....I restarted and it showed fuzzy for a moment then went black again...
I tried one more time and it cleared up and acted like it would go then went black for the last time....I have a technician
looking at it and he said it needs a monitor and a hard drive...... I feel horrible......I wanted it to be a cool christmas gift and now its flipping broke.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
Bill

mahkeymike

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:19:34 am
Re: Force Radion woes
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 01:36:09 am »

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Have the technician fix it?

obcd

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 03, 2019, 11:44:36 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 03:04:12 am »
Connect a standard pc monitor to the pc in the force. Disconnect the supply power from it's original monitor (this ensures nothing can happen with the original monitor) See if the system starts up normally into the game.
If that's the case, your only problem is the original monitor.
The harddisk and the monitor are 2 non related items. If both are bad, it means you had an untrustfull seller that sold you a bad machine in the first place. Something could have happened during transportation as well, but normally harddisks park their heads next to the platters when they are not energised. This prevents damage due to shocks when the disk isn't running.

mahkeymike

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:19:34 am
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 12:28:52 am »
If it is your monitor, I do LCD conversions with XL/MAXX/Radion systems. I charge $50 to route the curved bezels to fit flat 15 inch LCD's. That is just the labor cost. The LCD/touchscreen is extra, unless customer supplies them. Shipping would be extra if not local.

Just putting that out there if you get some crazy repair charge for those crap crt monitors.