Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: help needed please for xbox original mod  (Read 1411 times)

xboxady

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 20, 2016, 01:22:43 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
help needed please for xbox original mod
« on: December 31, 2015, 11:02:46 am »
hi all xbox's

im ady from the UK. i was wondering if anybody could help me out? im wanting to learn how to mod xboxs so i can get coinops installed on one! now which way would be best way to go? hardmod or softmod? if hard mod where would i get the chip and all the instructions to complete the job? if softmod does anybody have any instructions to do this from start to finish. now ive watched so many youtube videos and different ways and im now confused! some vids look ok and other not very helpful.
theres also so many programs etc to use and i dont want to start downloading everything which i dont really need.
could one of you good people help me out, im totally new to this, but would really like to learn, if possible please you could send me some good links as to where i need to start.
i have a xbox original made in 2003 going spare, this has never been opened and totally original, i also have a spare 160g ide pata hdd seagate, i have splintercell, usb lead, powersupply, tools etc. im also ok at soldering, and ok on a pc, can download any programs etc. just need to know how to work/use the programs. it work be great if one of you could help a fellow xbox fan out. thanks very much for taking time to read this. if you need any info just let me know.
thanks

thomas_surles

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 19, 2023, 07:20:00 pm
Re: help needed please for xbox original mod
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 07:12:16 pm »
get yourself a usb to xbox adapter. they are only a few bucks on eBay.  and get a copy of splinter cell to start off with.
then I can walk you through it.

xboxady

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 20, 2016, 01:22:43 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 01:51:08 pm »
thanks ive already ordered one and the game, just waiting for them to arrive. as soon as they land ill send you a message, thanks very much for the reply,
thanks

ady

thomas_surles

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 19, 2023, 07:20:00 pm
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 07:31:35 pm »
no problem