Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Replacing Switch On Megatouch XL Cab  (Read 2623 times)

gio_aus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 03, 2020, 09:19:32 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Replacing Switch On Megatouch XL Cab
« on: December 29, 2015, 08:25:20 am »
Hey guys,

I'm replacing the power switch on my countertop cab with a genuine merit switch, can anybody confirm how to wire it up? My existing switch has blue and black wires on one side and brown and white on the other, however the Megatouch Technical FAQ says white and blue on one side and black and brown on the other. Also does it matter which side they plug into?

Thanks.

obcd

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 03, 2019, 11:44:36 am
Re: Replacing Switch On Megatouch XL Cab
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 08:40:19 am »
It's a double pole switch. If it's not having an internal light to indicate that the power is switched on, the side doesn't matter.
The one thing you should check is that the switch doesn't short the 2 wires with the mains voltage. If you misconnect it, this can happen.
The only good solution is measuring which wires have the mains, and checking the switch or measuring it as well to see which contacts are connected 2 each other once the switch is closed. If you don't have a meter, you can use a small test lamp that works on the main voltage for that purpose as well. Just be carefull as it's a high voltage you are working with. You don't want to short the mains and you don't want to touch it either.

gio_aus

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 03, 2020, 09:19:32 am
Re: Replacing Switch On Megatouch XL Cab
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 06:02:32 am »
hey obcd thanks for that, don't have a meter or test lamp so ill have to get my hands on one and try it out!