Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mala Filter Lists  (Read 2370 times)

AzureKnight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 29, 2022, 12:22:17 am
Mala Filter Lists
« on: December 15, 2015, 01:25:08 pm »

Over the Thanksgiving weekend I had some family over....everything worked well.

A few days ago I booted up the machine for the first time since the holiday visit, and my game menus are all messed up and I cannot seem to fix them.  I'm assuming one of my guests hit something and I can't figure out how to undo it, so I am hoping someone here can help.

I have a menu set up with 4 lists (All Games, Classics, 4 Player and Favorites).  It doesn't matter what list I go into when I click on the list instead of seeing the list of games I am instead seeing a number of filter options.  I'm not in front of the machine now so I don't recall them all but it was stuff like "Year", "Publisher", etc.

Any ideas what happened?  I opened Mala properties as well as the lists in the tool and I couldn't find anything wrong anywhere and I looked for close to 30 minutes.

AzureKnight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 29, 2022, 12:22:17 am
Re: Mala Filter Lists
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 04:39:45 pm »

I found the issue so I figured I would post it here if anyone else ever ends up in the same situation.  One of the menu options was *One Level Up* and searching for that led me to some clues.  The issue was in Mala, one of my buttons (player 2 start) was set to the 2 key which brings up the Mala menu.  From there you could turn on a "sort" option.  This option is apparently saved as being turned on in the preferences file.

I turned sort off and the menus returned to normal.