Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: I can't get my Mala frontend to boot directly on startup using Win7.  (Read 3337 times)

ozzman_8

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 22, 2021, 02:46:13 pm
I can't get my frontend to start directly when I turn on the computer. I don't really care about eliminating the windows icons, I just want the frontend to start without having to select the folder, and run the program.

What I did was I ran the mala, right clicked, selected options/configuration, selected GUI, selected Mala start, then checked start with windows. After I selected ok I get a message saying "Windows did not allow Mala to change registry for Mala start with windows. Try Changing Windows user security settings and/or Antivirus settings."

I've tried changing all the windows security settings and Antivirus settings and nothing. What other steps do I need to do or what am I doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated. I am not new to arcades but I am new to Mame. Thanks 

big10p

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 01, 2023, 01:46:23 pm
  • Mmmm, arcade classics!
Re: I can't get my Mala frontend to boot directly on startup using Win7.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 07:59:16 am »
You could try running Mala as admin (right click on the mala.exe and select 'run as adminstrator'). Otherwise, just put a shortcut to mala in your Windows startup folder.

ozzman_8

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 08:12:37 pm »
Ok, I'll try both of those and see how it goes. I will let you know. Thanks

ozzman_8

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 08:31:34 pm »
You could try running Mala as admin (right click on the mala.exe and select 'run as adminstrator'). Otherwise, just put a shortcut to mala in your Windows startup folder.

Run as administrator worked... Thanks