Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Any help for that guy in Sonoma?  (Read 1709 times)

moon_patrol

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 23, 2016, 07:58:59 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Any help for that guy in Sonoma?
« on: November 27, 2015, 04:37:55 pm »
Hello joystick artists!
I'm sorry if I break any rule from this forum, but I wanted to share the demand of this Reddit guy :
I suppose I could post this in any # of subreddits, which I may do depending upon the responses I get. I started a rebuild of my mame cabinet in June of this year and then was diagnosed with metastatic cancer in my right kidney, lungs and brain. Needless to say, my rebuild plans were on hold. Skip forward to now, I've been through radiation twice and am on my third round of chemo. I also got permission from my wife to try and find someone local to Sonoma County who might be willing to help me build the damn thing as I can't even lift my tools anymore. So ... that's pretty much it. More than happy to take pics and post the build here. Any questions, just let me know and I'll get back to you as quickly as I'm able. I suppose I should also mention I have all the tools for the job + all the parts already purchased, so no cost to anyone involved, just time. I am willing to barter some of my tools,(some are promised to my son) or computer parts to whole systems, Honestly, whatever works. Thanks to anyone that can lend a hand.

Here is the link of the original post: https://www.reddit.com/r/MAME/comments/3ui53p/any_help/
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 04:41:13 pm by moon_patrol »