Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Megatouch Force Boot problems  (Read 20862 times)

TalkingHeadsFan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 17, 2019, 03:29:46 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Megatouch Force Boot problems
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2015, 07:46:33 pm »
So, whatever that plug is, it related to the touchscreen. I was feeling desperate and start plugging it into wherever it would fit on the motherboard and voila, it fixed the touchscreen problem and the game seems to work just fine! I guess in general, a good place to start is ensure everything's snugly plugged in, all fans are working and nothing's disconnected.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 07:48:24 pm by TalkingHeadsFan »

obcd

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 03, 2019, 11:44:36 am
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2015, 04:55:07 am »
Agreed, but plugging in things simply because they fit is a very bad practice, unless you suddenly remember you removed that plug yourself and forgot to plug it back in. In the other case, you will need to check a cabling diagram or ask someone with similar hardware to find out where the plug should go. Trial and error can cause permanent damage. In your case, it turned out fine.
This brings us to the question if you bought the unit in "working order" or as defective? While a fan might go bad due to transportation, and maybe the thermal pad might crack, the odds of a plug becoming lose as well is pretty low, unless indeed that plug comes lose with little or no effort.

TalkingHeadsFan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 17, 2019, 03:29:46 pm
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2015, 07:22:25 am »
Yea I figured it was bad practice but I was so frustrated I honestly didn't care at that point.

The unit was described as working when I purchased it on eBay.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 10:53:10 am by TalkingHeadsFan »

jmdnnlln

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 17, 2016, 02:11:12 pm
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2016, 09:27:43 am »
As i suspected, fan is not spinning, hense why i said its probably locking up from overheating cpu. At this point you need to remove the board from the system and replace the fan first and hope that new thermal paste and new fan solves the over heating problem. While the motherboard is out, go over every cap and see if any are bulging. If you cant tackle a cap replacement, myself and other members are more then  capable of replacing them for you. Just stay away from that rip off D-bag Dave. I wont mention his real name but others here know who he is.
I see your online, this comment has me somewhat worried as I have just purchased from 'dave' whats his deal?

mahkeymike

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:10:40 pm
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2016, 10:15:56 am »
As i suspected, fan is not spinning, hense why i said its probably locking up from overheating cpu. At this point you need to remove the board from the system and replace the fan first and hope that new thermal paste and new fan solves the over heating problem. While the motherboard is out, go over every cap and see if any are bulging. If you cant tackle a cap replacement, myself and other members are more then  capable of replacing them for you. Just stay away from that rip off D-bag Dave. I wont mention his real name but others here know who he is.
I see your online, this comment has me somewhat worried as I have just purchased from 'dave' whats his deal?

What did you purchase? I am sure you will get your item/s. I don't like being sold 3rd party products as genuine products, especially at genuine product prices.

Retrogamer78

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2020, 03:42:37 pm
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2020, 01:25:35 pm »
So I’m trying to reopen this thread to reach TalkingHeadsFan. I’m having the exact same problem calibrating as he was. I also have the small two hole plug that wasn’t plugged into anything. I can’t for the life of me figure out where it goes. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :hissy: