Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Problems with vertical layout and 32" 1366x768 display  (Read 1203 times)

ivwshane

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 24, 2022, 09:35:21 pm
    • My first mame cab! (WIP)
Problems with vertical layout and 32" 1366x768 display
« on: November 26, 2015, 08:41:52 am »
I'm at a loss. I created a vertical layout on my computer and when I tested it on the same computer it worked. However when I tested it on the computer I was using 720p resolution and the TV I'll actually be using is not a true 720p TV.
I transferred the layout folder to the new computer and changed all the paths to the new computer. I loaded mala and specified all the correct paths and wish I launch mala the only thing I see from the layout is the text in the correct color. I thought it might be issues with the background so I redid it to match the TV's resolution, I updated the layout and saved it.

What am I missing?

ivwshane

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 24, 2022, 09:35:21 pm
    • My first mame cab! (WIP)
Re: Problems with vertical layout and 32" 1366x768 display
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 07:59:28 pm »
I finally got it working.

Somehow I saved the background in 24 bit color and mala wasn't having it.

I also had to do the layout using free aspect ratio and setting the aspect ratio to free.

Now the only problem I have is that my custom gif animation doesn't show up and by bit showing up I mean it doesn't even show up in the layout editor despite having it checked.

Is there a way to delete the video2 if you can't see the box to change its properties?