Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: You can now play Wipeout 2048 on the PS Vita TV!  (Read 1907 times)

MrThunderwing

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 06:43:13 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
You can now play Wipeout 2048 on the PS Vita TV!
« on: November 05, 2015, 07:31:33 pm »
Someone's developed a hack/exploit that allows previously unsupported PS Vita games to work on the PS Vita TV - one of which is Wipeout 2048, and damn, does it look awesome on a big screen. I think I may have to get one of these now. Someone's uploaded a video of it working:

Sounds like a few people haven't been so successful in getting it running, I don't know if it's something to do with the specific firmware that's installed in the system or what, but I might have to try and find out a bit more about this before taking the plunge. It begs the question though, if Wipeout runs so well on the Vita TV with a minor hack, why isn't it officially supported? Madness.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 07:35:46 pm by MrThunderwing »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 08:42:41 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Re: You can now play Wipeout 2048 on the PS Vita TV!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 10:32:48 pm »
Was afterburner climax released on the vita?   I'm still trying to figure out a way to play that game without a 360. 

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 05:45:04 am »
I'm pretty sure AB Climax was PS3 and Xbox 360 only, I'm afraid. I downloaded it from the PSN ages ago, but I think it's been taken down now. Not sure about Xbox marketplace though. There was that JayFox guy who was working on getting Lindebergh games running on regular Linnux PCs, but I think he gave it up because of other projects.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 05:46:41 am by MrThunderwing »

Loafmeister

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 08, 2020, 03:21:17 am
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2015, 04:07:07 pm »
Have nooo idea if it's playable but Afterburner Climax came out for Android and I believe there are some decent Android emulators out there, so maybe it's playable on the PC that way

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2015, 04:37:57 pm »
Well I've tried in the past and couldn't get it to do anything beyond display the splash screen.  If someone gets it working please let us know. 

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2015, 05:26:49 pm »
I didn't realise there was an Android/ios version of AB Climax. I checked out a few videos, expecting it to be very graphically compromised, but it actually looks surprisingly good, graphically. Don't think I'd much care for the touch screen controls though.

Here's the one and only photo I've ever seen of the Linnux Lindebergh emulator that I'd mentioned earlier (from this link)

Shame it never really took off (no pun intended), I was hoping I'd be able to give Sega Race TV a try on my windows PC eventually.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2015, 06:43:04 pm »
Well if someone can get it running on the pc I can probably take care of the touch controls and maybe even get us some blinky lights and force feedback.