Main > Software Forum

HIDING WINDOWS 7 - 2015 TUTORIAL - COMPLETE

<< < (13/14) > >>

formula409:

--- Quote from: Mark Norville on November 04, 2019, 11:43:51 am ---I would avoid doing this like the plague, in other words avoid it at all costs.

The reason being is that I done this on my home cinema PC I think it was, or it might have been my arcade PC. I wanted to exit out and go to the operating system so that I could make changes. To my horror I could not exit to the operating system, so I was starting to panic, I eventually got back into my system and removed the instant sheller and would not recommend using one, unless you have your system 100% configured, but even then I would not recommend it.

If you want to do a poor mans version of this, change the windows boot screen, and have your desktop clear of icons and add whatever you want in your start up folder.

So you boot up, and HyperSpin loads straight away, on an SSD you will hardly notice the load time. At least this way you can still access your PC at any time.

Just my two pennies worth, it works for some people but not others, especially not if you want to make changes, especially for two seconds of loading time.

Regards

Mark

--- End quote ---

That's why, at this point, you're better off just using Windows 10. It's incredibly easy to hide everything in Windows 10, and easy to revert it back to normal behavior.

clhug:

--- Quote from: formula409 on July 08, 2020, 11:34:11 am ---That's why, at this point, you're better off just using Windows 10. It's incredibly easy to hide everything in Windows 10, and easy to revert it back to normal behavior.

--- End quote ---
Can you elaborate?  HOW do you hide things in Windows 10?  I have not been able to figure it out, and I can't find a guide anywhere.  I AM using Win 10 for my MAME PC, but I still see the standard Win 10 boot screen.  I've not been able to find a way to hide or replace it.  Also, there is no startup or shutdown sounds in Win 10.  I found a workaround for startup sounds by using a scheduled task on startup to play a sound, but I can't find any such workaround for shutdown sounds.  (I have fun arcade sounds for both startup and shutdown on my previous MAME PCs up until Win 10.)

Thanks!

Phreakwars:

--- Quote from: Mark Norville on November 04, 2019, 04:13:03 pm ---I had to insert my windows DVD in and got into the operating system that way, I never used this guide, I cannot remember what website I done the sheller from, but it was more hassle than it was worth for me. I was expecting that it would exit the program and then want to load up the OS, sadly was not the case, I could not access anything, I think all what I had was a dead screen and keyboard etc would not work.

I was lucky that I managed to get back in without formatting, but someone with less PC knowledge might have struggled.

--- End quote ---
I just use Team Viewer. Then you can even see the mouse if you have it hidden on the cab and can send key combos like Ctrl+alt+del or windows key. Have almost all my cabs running 7, never had issue getting into the OS.

JohnDoh:
thanks for the tutorial

JohnDoh:
Thx for this guide! I just did all steps and it's all good except for one thing. I don't know why but when booting or shutting down the language bar icon appears in the upper left corner. Never saw this before. It wasn't there before I started to do the steps for hiding the OS.
Anyone knows how to hide it ?

Thanks  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version