Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Magic Finger arcade machine conversion help  (Read 7463 times)

me2010

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 05, 2019, 09:42:19 am
  • Need a coin pusher to finish collection
Magic Finger arcade machine conversion help
« on: October 18, 2015, 01:09:28 am »
hey guys, i bought one of these Chinese touchscreen machines a while ago, its motherboard is dead now so i put a old PC in it and have some pub touch screen pub games working on it.

But for the life of me can't get the (XP home edition SP2) correct drivers for the touch screen to work or recognize the screen, i have tried a number of drivers ELO,TouchKit (checked'/uncked ps2 option) etc and none seem to work for me. Uninstalled

I have connected the cables to the PC exactly the same as the old motherboard, for some reason a cable is joined from the serial connection to the keyboard plug on the pc, same as the original motherboard did.

The original machine had a flash card with Chinese xp embedded on it which the monitors drivers are on, trying to extract them would be a nightmare in Chinese.

The LCD Monitor driver is this(i think): http://www.roward.com.cn/en/show.asp?id=98 and the touch screen controller is this(i think) :Hs-1h2l-0908 http://winnilcd.en.made-in-china.com/product/JqQnpLRxDhcT/China-LCD-Panel-Hs-1h2l-0908-for-Injection-Industrial-Machine.html , if that helps anyone ?

Anyone have an idea which drivers can work for me please, its driving me nuts 1 month on i thought it would be a 5 minute search for a generic driver to run this thing. Thanks

me2010

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 05, 2019, 09:42:19 am
  • Need a coin pusher to finish collection
Re: Magic Finger arcade machine conversion help
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 05:01:39 am »
UPDATE: Well maybe this thread is not a waste of space and help someone else

Got it going , at last. Had a brain wave while taking the pictures, it was the ELO driver it was just the wrong one eg : Not compatible with USB-to-Serial adapters (use v4.8.7b below).

Got the one below and bingo, all is good, here is the link if anyone else needs. Cheers

http://www.hopeindustrial.com/touchscreen_drivers.htm

Dantun

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 09:23:31 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2019, 04:25:15 pm »
Hi, I know this is an old thread but I’ve just got 2 of these machines at a bargain price and can’t find much info on them. In thinking of converting it as you have as the games on it are pants. What did you end up running on it?

mahkeymike

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 06:53:05 pm
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2019, 09:33:17 am »
OP hasn't logged in since January, doubt your going to get a response anytime soon. But i can tell you you won't beable to run megatouch or JVL on it since they use Microtouch touchscreens and it looks like this machine has ELO touchscreens in them. You are probably better off trying to run some sort of Android OS on them and install a bunch of game apps. I don't know much about Android or if there is any barebones systems that can run Androud, but ive seen Android tv's so i know its not just for phones and tablets.

Anyway good luck

Megatouchmike

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2024, 09:29:37 pm
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2019, 08:37:24 am »
Make an image of the compactflash card and upload them. We want to see what's on them

Dantun

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 09:23:31 am
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2020, 04:56:13 pm »
Sorry I didn’t realise anyone had replied to this, I will try make an image and upload it. Not sure if the op machine is the same as mine as mines a magic finger 2. The games aren’t that good tbh which is why I want to try do something with it.