Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: AMI Continental II  (Read 2072 times)

aburton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2015, 12:50:57 pm
AMI Continental II
« on: October 12, 2015, 12:50:58 pm »
I have a 1962 AMI Continental II that sometimes has trouble selecting the number (3). When I select a song with the number (3) the selector just spins around and around. Eventually sometimes it will eventually lock on a selection which includes the number (3) and often times after I get it to pick up the number a couple of times I have seen it start working on that number and continue to do so as long as I keep playing the jukebox but when I switch it off and turn it on a few days later I will go through the same routine with the number(3). I have on occasion taken cleaner solvent and cleaned the contact points where the wiper sweeps across the circuit board during the selection process and sometimes after doing that it will start working for a while and then after a few days of not using it the problem reappears. The selector works perfect on every letter and number with the exception of the number (3). Any ideas on that.

ami-man

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2020, 01:22:45 pm
Re: AMI Continental II
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 08:29:10 am »
Hello,

It is never a good idea to use any spay of any kind on a jukebox, the same applies to sandpaper, files etc.
If you need to clean the contacts it is best to hone them with a paper taper pulled through the contacts or in the case of wipers, clean the PCB with an pencil rubber (eraser) and then a lint free cloth.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK