Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Joystick works in games, but not on front end  (Read 2280 times)

reptileink

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 28, 2023, 11:30:55 am
  • An 8 bit hero
Joystick works in games, but not on front end
« on: October 08, 2015, 11:37:39 am »
Still working out the kinks of MA, and I am running in to a strange issue.

I have been able to get my controls and joystick working IN-GAME on Maximus, but I cannot navigate the front end with the joystick when trying to scroll through systems.

I am using an IPAC 2 with a stripped Jamma harness.

Like I said, I can use the controls in the game selection screen, just not when selecting a system. Also, it seems like my control set up doesn't fully save every time. I am using the Preferences section within MA, not the stand alone.

Also as a side question: Do I need to configure the controls for each emulator BEFORE using them in Maximus? The reason I ask is that I don't see anywhere under preferences to set up "buttons" such as "A" "B" "X" etc.  Do I do this in each emulator first? I am learning that Maximus is basically an "organizer" program and not much else and that may rely on the emulater configs to determine button layout??

Sorry if these are noob questions...lol

~Building Arcade Cabinets are like raising children, you always mess up your first~

RTyper56

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 03, 2018, 03:04:15 pm
  • A problem clearly stated, is a problem half solved
Re: Joystick works in games, but not on front end
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 11:46:31 am »
I think configuring the controls within the emulators themselves first is needed.
As for in MA, in preferences, under controls tab, there should be a subtab called either Joystick or Gamepad (don't have a computer in font of me to be sure), and there will be a checkbox to tick to enable use of the joystick and buttons.
My Multicade Build (Working, needs cosmetics)