Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Help with NSM Evolution Touch screen drivers?!  (Read 5968 times)

aldub516

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 29, 2018, 03:32:46 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Help with NSM Evolution Touch screen drivers?!
« on: October 05, 2015, 06:12:38 pm »
Hey all. For the first time im popping over here from the control panel side. I recently acquired an old nsm jukebox set up with the touch screen still in it. Ive done a lot of research and cannot find what i need to know. First off, the closest i can find about the touch screen is its a zytronic. But i cannot find anything other than that. The website for zytronic give me driver options for 32 input, 64 input and 128 input with windows xp drivers. To start, im not sure which i need. Im reading a lot of people having past problems, and suggesting to make sure the screen is disconnected before installing drivers. I also am not sure what com port to assign it to. the drivers install as univeral pointing device. Could my wireless mouse be interfering? The monitor has a old 15 pin monitor plug, as well as a db9 plug. The db9 also has a red and black "fan" type of plug, but my mother board does not have any room for it. What is that wire for? does that power the data side? Also i have a serial to usb converter if i dont want to use the db9 but im not sure if that still leaves the proble, with the little fan power plug on the db9. My pc recognizes the screen and shows up fine on it. I can use the mouse and do whatever i want. I just cant get the touch to work. Also i was told the monitor runs off 12v, but some say 5? an input please?

aldub516

• Offline Offline
Re: Help with NSM Evolution Touch screen drivers?!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 06:37:34 pm »
at this point i cant even guarentee what kind of touchscreen it is for sure but im reading that the zytronic is the stock monitor. I also see that "zytouch" was the old software, but i cannot seem to find that at all

Barry Barcrest

• I'm only in it for the lack of money
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 09, 2021, 09:54:17 am
  • Simple Plan
    • E-Touch Jukebox
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 10:06:56 am »
You need the power hooked up and the serial cable or you will get nowhere. Sounds like it will take the power from the PC power supply. If you don't have a serial port then a usb to serial should work. You will need to set that up first then the touchscreen. if it's serial it shouldn't matter about it being connected before installing the drivers.

aldub516

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2015, 10:21:21 am »
This has been resolved and I'll update later with the drivers since NOWHERE on the vast Internet has any info about this screen or drivers. Everything I read stated that you need to have everything unplugged when installing drivers, and even suggested a clean as possible windows install. Anyways, after hours I found drivers and they work fine. I've found lots of this issue on the net but no answer so I will try to spread my answer far and wide. I'll update later with a link

toastyhamster

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 08, 2015, 04:09:53 pm
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2015, 03:12:12 pm »
Can you update with the resolution please?  I have a driver issue with the screen too, using v1.0.3 as that's the only one I have.

aldub516

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2015, 05:41:27 pm »
I dont know if these are what you need.. but have at it. I hope this helps people in the future. I spent HOURS on these drivers and finally got help from the actually zytronic people.. Anyways, here ya go. Drivers for a zytronic touch screen, working for sure with NSM EVOLUTION machines. There is a usb version, and serial depending how your screen is hooked up to your pc.

hopefully the link stays up for a while
http://www.megafileupload.com/dOa3/ZYTOUCH+Serial+v1.0.4+Driver_2BManual.zip

http://www.megafileupload.com/dOa6/ZYTOUCH+USB+v1.04+Driver_2BManual.zip

jukedodk

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 08, 2016, 03:26:29 pm
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2016, 10:49:00 pm »
Any chance of re-uploading these files please.
Really desperate for them!
Many thanks in advance.
Phil

Newcomer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 14, 2021, 04:33:30 pm
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2016, 03:47:55 pm »
Hi, I am in the same boat I  have an old evolution touchscreen jukebox but I need the drivers for the screen,
Do you still have a link to these or can you upload them again, thanks