Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Golden tee unplugged 2015  (Read 2225 times)

mclovin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 18, 2023, 12:53:29 pm
  • GT newbie
Golden tee unplugged 2015
« on: October 28, 2015, 08:41:04 pm »
Hello, I have been told by sellers on eBay and such that the golden tee offline or unplugged version can be transferred to other machines and do not marry to the cabinet I'd. The updates come with a security chip and USB stick. Can anyone confirm if this will work?

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:41:53 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: Golden tee unplugged 2015
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 01:26:04 pm »
yes, CID doesn't matter in this case, as long as the CID is FOR a golden tee (IE won't work with a SSB or bags CID)

USB stick and 8 pin security chip is all you technically need to upgrade.

mclovin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 18, 2023, 12:53:29 pm
  • GT newbie
Re: Golden tee unplugged 2015
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 10:05:28 am »
Hi Shawn, as always you are correct thanks for the reply. I did a bit of messing around  between 2 machines and the cabinet ID has no connection to the hard drive or update. The 8 pin security chip and hard drive have all the update information required. So you can also upgrade your machine by swapping these 2 two items from one machine to another. As you know The key item is the 8 pin chip from the I/o board, the hard drives are generic.