Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: AMi Rowe R-90 continually plays without stopping  (Read 2924 times)

JukeBob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 01, 2015, 08:24:35 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
AMi Rowe R-90 continually plays without stopping
« on: September 29, 2015, 11:25:57 pm »
Ok well, after getting external speakers to work (thanks ami-man) I thought I would venture into the programming of the R-90 and now it won't stop playing 45s unless I place it in service mode. Initially I wanted to change the play mode to accept coins instead of free play and to play the selections sequentially on the carousel instead of in the order they were entered.

After making the changes to the memory locations, I received an Err-30 code, which I was able to clear. After closing the overhead door, it started playing the most played songs as stored in the Memorec over and over. I cleared the Memorec. Now it continually plays selection 100 (the first 45) over and over  :banghead:  It plays song 100, puts it back into the carousel and then rotates to slot 100 again. Is there a reset switch or maybe a memory value I need to reset?   I am becoming more comfortable with this wonderful machine...however, I am puzzled as to what I may have done to cause the selection to repeat.

JukeBob

Ohio, U.S.A.

JukeBob

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 01, 2015, 08:24:35 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: AMi Rowe R-90 continually plays without stopping
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 08:24:35 am »
I performed the visual check of the home and index potentiometer status displays while running through the test as outlined in the manual. Just purchased the manual it and it was delivered this past week.  Everything checked out there.  I am not an experienced board technician.

I then began looking at every piece connected to the carousel ensuring nothing was loose that could affect the alignment of the opto switch sensor. Everything there seemed ok. I couple of loose bolts was all I found. I then pulled every molex plug connector, lightly cleaned them and then reseated it back into its board pins. It could have been a combination of the above: Err-30 no longer is displayed and the juke is back to normal operation. Only issue now is that it flashes Err-24 on power-up but then is wiped out as it waits for keyboard input for song selection.

Hope this helps anyone looking for a possible answer to Err-30. Granted it may not be always as easy as this, but checking all the mechanicals sometimes is the answer.  It's Alive!  ;D

ami-man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2020, 01:22:45 pm
Re: AMi Rowe R-90 continually plays without stopping
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 09:55:25 am »
Hi jukebob,

Go into programming and make sure that location 32 is set to 0 (no autoplay).

Going into location 27 and keying in 255 sets the jukebox to free play.

Error 24 is a keyboard error code which says the popular button is always closed hence the reason for it playing what it thinks is the most popular selection 100.
meter out the switch to see if it is shorted out, also check the wiring.

Error 30 is skipper an index pulse, check the opt switch and the gear it goes over for any build up of dirt and check the opto switch adjustments both the mechanical and electronic instructions as per the manual.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK