Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Pacman Battle Royale. Are there any solutions for this yet?  (Read 13003 times)

severdhed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 07, 2022, 04:45:32 pm
  • RIP Dinosaur Hippo
Pacman Battle Royale. Are there any solutions for this yet?
« on: September 19, 2015, 11:16:53 pm »
So i've been messing around with my cabinet the last few days and i'd love to be able to play some 4 player pacman with my kids on my cabinet.  I've got four Sanwa JLWs in my cabinet so they can pretty easily be switch to 4 way mode.  I have the Pac-Man Museum game, but as you know, it only runs the game in a small portion of the screen with a large bezel area that I can't seem to disable. 

Have any of you figured out how to get this to run full screen? 

I know sjaak created his own clone of this game, but won't release it. I was following the banana royale project for a while but honestly, getting it working  is a little over my head, plus it seems to be incomplete.

are there any other options?  my kids saw a youtube video of this game in action and they have been begging me to get it on our cabinet.  can anyone help?

the closest i have come so far is another homebrew game called Team Pacman.   it looks like the old, original pacman, but supports up to 8 players.  at the beginning of the round, you select if you want to be on team pacman or team ghosts, but it is only cooperative, the pac man team members can't hurt each other, they just work together, same with the ghosts.  it is fun, but not what i'm looking for.  here is a link in case anyone is interested...

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/team_pacman.html

Current Projects:      Zak-Man | TMNT Pedestal | SNES Pi | N64 Odroid
Former Projects:     4 Player Showcase | Donkey Kong | iCade

Xiaou2

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 12, 2023, 05:41:19 pm
  • NOM NOM NOM
Re: Pacman Battle Royale. Are there any solutions for this yet?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 11:43:51 pm »
Team Pacman sounds interesting...

Imagine Trying it using dual joysticks,   Control  1 Pacman, and 1 Ghost.. at the same time.   

Then with 2 players... you can try to clear the most dots, but also, use the Ghost to try to kill or block the other.

Silly_B

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 03, 2015, 04:59:24 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 03:06:56 pm »
I would really love to get a copy of the 8bit version that was teased.  I found someone who made the sprites for it but the bananaroyale.zip is 404 so I can't test it.  Did it die with no audio?  Anyone know where I can find it?

Man, I'd pay to get a copy of it completed.

severdhed

• Offline Offline
  • RIP Dinosaur Hippo
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2015, 04:46:08 pm »
that team pacman game is good in theory, but still kinda sucks.  the movement is cumbersome, if you stop pusing the stick, pacman just stops moving instead of going until he hits a wall...this dramatically changes the feel of the gameplay. 

i did install the pacman museum so i could get the official battle royale.  It of course doesn't support more than one player on a keyboard, so i had to use that virtual xbox 360 controller software to get it to work with my ipac4.  Fortunately, i have four JLW joysticks in my 4 player panel.  two of them were ultimarc J sticks, the other two were stock JLWs...so i modified the JLWs to they can easily be switched from 8 to 4 way without tools, now i can easily just lift up the panel and put them all in 4 way mode to play this.  I played a few rounds with my kids this afternoon, it was pretty fun.   i would be nicer if it didn't have that bezel graphic around the screen, but it is a fun game.  hopefully someday we can get a version of this game to run full screen.. it would also be nice if you could launch it directly instead of going through the pacman museum menu.   maybe someday

vik

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 08, 2017, 06:16:26 pm
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 05:08:29 am »
I made a mod that lets you run the pacman museum version like it's the real arcade version;
everything available here:
https://github.com/vikbez/pacbrcade

DeLuSioNal29

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2023, 11:39:06 pm
  • Build the impossible -"There is no Spoon"
    • DeLuSioNaL's YouTube Videos
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 01:34:29 pm »
Wow, looks promising.  severdhed, let us know what you find.

DeL
Stop by my Youtube channel and leave a comment:

processedmeat

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 08:19:39 pm
  • Ikeakade Here I come!
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 02:25:53 pm »
I made a mod that lets you run the pacman museum version like it's the real arcade version;

Thanks Vik for sharing.   Looking forward to implementing this on a future build.

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 11:14:17 am
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2017, 12:02:33 am »
Someone buy that man a beer.

shaolindrunkard

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 19, 2021, 11:13:43 am
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2017, 01:17:54 pm »
This may not be the exact solution you are looking for but Pac-Man 256 is 4 player on PC and is excellent. There isn't a real competitive mode its more cooperative but you can still compete for score. I highly recommend it, play it on my 4 player all the time. Your kids would love it.

shaolindrunkard

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2017, 01:53:49 pm »

Thanks for doing that Vik. Cant wait to see if this works on my cabinet when I get home tonight...

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2017, 03:08:26 pm »
This may not be the exact solution you are looking for but Pac-Man 256 is 4 player on PC and is excellent. There isn't a real competitive mode its more cooperative but you can still compete for score. I highly recommend it, play it on my 4 player all the time. Your kids would love it.

Turns out it's 4 player on PS4 as well.  Man this forum is slacking, that should have been major news around here.

shaolindrunkard

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2017, 04:32:55 pm »
I've become somewhat of an expert on 4 player local PC games since I built my 4 player cab so if you are interested in more, let me know.

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2017, 04:44:15 pm »

Awesome thanks!

Gana try this out when I can!

Never heard of 256 but ile give that a go to cheers!!

shaolindrunkard

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2017, 08:30:15 pm »
Nice, couldn't get the auto hot key stuff to work, but not really a big deal to navigate to the game through the menu. Just glad its full screen! Thanks Vik.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 08:32:04 pm by shaolindrunkard »

vik

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2017, 04:25:08 am »
@shaolindrunkard

What does not work with the ahk ?
does it presses keys ?
do you have an old computer ?
what windows version are you running ?

You will have to press A button each time a game is finished (there is a "progress saved" window the ahk also bypass,
but I hidden it in the dll and made the ahk press the key at this moment for more arcade-like behaviour).

shaolindrunkard

• Offline Offline
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2017, 09:06:52 am »
@shaolindrunkard

What does not work with the ahk ?
does it presses keys ?
do you have an old computer ?
what windows version are you running ?

You will have to press A button each time a game is finished (there is a "progress saved" window the ahk also bypass,
but I hidden it in the dll and made the ahk press the key at this moment for more arcade-like behaviour).

I don't know much about Ahk so it could be something I'm doing but when I click RUNME.exe it says something like "Steam must be running to play this game" then it mutes the volume and then I think it unmutes the volume but nothing else happens. It also says "Steam must be running to play this game"  when I try to run PACMuseum.exe  from the folder. But when I run it directly from steam it works like normal and I just navigate to the game through the main menu.

Windows 10/I5 2400

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 06:01:28 pm
  • <insert personal text here>
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2017, 09:12:29 am »
So Sjaak released a complete version a while back and I completed a Hyrule themed sprite pack, there is also a complete pac-man sprite pack in the thread somewheres.  I even added some custom levels.  Worth a look even just for the variety of it.

Hyrule Rumble 7 level pack.  Now includes Sanctuary level.  Does not include background music; however, you can roll your own from the Zelda Universe.  They already come as .mp3 so just rename your winner to Custom and drop it in your game folder. 

Changed the rupee to purple because it's baller and I like how it looks. 

Coding in multiple rupee colors (multiple pills) would be awesome *cough hint hint*

Still hoping for an easy exit and music by level version but barring that this is as complete as I intend to make it.  Enjoy. 

downloads are in the original thread.

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2017, 02:11:30 pm »
Chuck, it'd be real helpful if someone in that thread actually put together a single post that explained how to install that game and get it going. 

Sjaak had a real attitude problem about doing that, but it's really difficult to wade through that thread and figure it out.

Chop, chop.

shaolindrunkard

• Offline Offline
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2017, 02:34:58 pm »
Chuck, it'd be real helpful if someone in that thread actually put together a single post that explained how to install that game and get it going. 

Sjaak had a real attitude problem about doing that, but it's really difficult to wade through that thread and figure it out.

Chop, chop.

Yeah I tried to get it going but the game crashes at the end of the countdown. I guess he says that's the debug version, so where is the real version? I'm not too worried about it now that I can play the real thing fullscreen but that Zelda artwork is somethin else.

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2017, 04:54:27 pm »

Chop, chop.

It's a fair cop.  It's my birfdai and I'm off my meds and getting day drunk after seeing John Wick 2.  I fully intend to continue doing shots throughout this evening but will tackle that this weekend.  Last thing anybody wants me doing is drunk posting destructions about how to get PMBR ru321nning. 

wp34

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2022, 09:48:19 pm
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2017, 04:57:57 pm »

Chop, chop.

It's a fair cop.  It's my birfdai and I'm off my meds and getting day drunk after seeing John Wick 2.  I fully intend to continue doing shots throughout this evening but will tackle that this weekend.  Last thing anybody wants me doing is drunk posting destructions about how to get PMBR ru321nning.

I'd like to hear a drunk review of John Wick 2.   Oh...and...Happy Birthday.

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2017, 05:03:58 pm »

Chop, chop.

So hory ---steaming pile of meadow muffin---.  That movie is stragith tigts. 

I literally lol'd about three different times, but not lol like this is lame, but like omfgg that was amazing lol.  I swera to christ he almost shot off his own foot putting one in a guy's head whilst having the ---smurf--- in a trainangle.  Ammmmmazing! 

There's this hot Deaf assisssin girl who totally owns it.  The sign was kinda ---smurfy---, like typical movie not real sign ---smurfy--- but it was aseome seeing the Deaf community representede on the international killer front.  Baller is as baller ---smurfing--- does. 

Plot synopis:  JW2 picks up ~24~96 hours after JW1, he's had a bit of a shower and is going after his car.  He makes peace with the ---smurfin--- rushkies and then goes home.  Italian boi calls in a marker so John has to go clear the marker.  Bodies fall like dominoes and you learn mores about teh underground.  JW ends op on the wrong end of a buncha contracts but Morpheus helps him out.  Meanwhile NY pretty much gets a bloodbath.  Rad. 

Serousioly.  Go see this ---smurfing--- moving. 

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2024, 11:03:32 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2017, 06:00:32 pm »
You should never drink and post.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

wp34

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2022, 09:48:19 pm
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2017, 07:04:31 pm »

Chop, chop.

So hory ---steaming pile of meadow muffin---.  That movie is stragith tigts. 

I literally lol'd about three different times, but not lol like this is lame, but like omfgg that was amazing lol.  I swera to christ he almost shot off his own foot putting one in a guy's head whilst having the ---smurf--- in a trainangle.  Ammmmmazing! 

There's this hot Deaf assisssin girl who totally owns it.  The sign was kinda ---smurfy---, like typical movie not real sign ---smurfy--- but it was aseome seeing the Deaf community representede on the international killer front.  Baller is as baller ---smurfing--- does. 

Plot synopis:  JW2 picks up ~24~96 hours after JW1, he's had a bit of a shower and is going after his car.  He makes peace with the ---smurfin--- rushkies and then goes home.  Italian boi calls in a marker so John has to go clear the marker.  Bodies fall like dominoes and you learn mores about teh underground.  JW ends op on the wrong end of a buncha contracts but Morpheus helps him out.  Meanwhile NY pretty much gets a bloodbath.  Rad. 

Serousioly.  Go see this ---smurfing--- moving.

So you're saying he's back in.   :cheers:

DarthMarino

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 06:46:13 am
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2017, 08:11:07 pm »
I am hosting a gaming night tomorrow and we were planning on playing this game so the timing couldn't be any better.  Works like a charm. Thanks a bunch.

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2017, 01:44:42 am »

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2017, 06:06:12 pm »

Dudeface, http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,153361.0.html

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2017, 06:58:14 pm »
Good job, thanks for doing that.

I installed the mod in this thread on the Pac Man Museum game... And good God does Battle Royale suck balls.  Now I know why it sits unplayed at Dave and Busters all day.

shaolindrunkard

• Offline Offline
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2017, 10:03:48 pm »
Good job, thanks for doing that.

I installed the mod in this thread on the Pac Man Museum game... And good God does Battle Royale suck balls.  Now I know why it sits unplayed at Dave and Busters all day.
Say what? That's a great game if you have 4 people.

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2017, 10:28:01 pm »
I'm not  seeing it, and I've played it 4 players in the wild.

Maybe small children enjoy it?  That's fine.

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2017, 04:15:57 am »
Never seen it in the wild but had fun playing it 2 player at home with friends.
Would love to play it 4p though!

shaolindrunkard

• Offline Offline
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2017, 08:19:37 am »
I'm not  seeing it, and I've played it 4 players in the wild.

Maybe small children enjoy it?  That's fine.
Lol you're ridiculous. Well if you don't like that you won't like banana royal because just the same game with different sprites.

scubajoe

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 03, 2018, 09:30:56 am
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2017, 09:16:28 pm »
Always looking for 4 player suggestions

I've become somewhat of an expert on 4 player local PC games since I built my 4 player cab so if you are interested in more, let me know.

shaolindrunkard

• Offline Offline
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2017, 08:39:06 am »
I'll PM you.

vik

• Offline Offline
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2017, 07:11:29 am »
@shaolindrunkard

I tried on the steam version - could reproduce your "bug" - it's because the steam version have popups that aren't in the non-steam version (like the "BUY THE MRS PACMAN EXTENSION NOW")
I can't add every case (no-steam - steam with some popup - steam without popup - etc) without risking everything to break now and then, so the best advice I can give you is to make your steam version a non-steam version - this is ok because you already bought the game.

shaolindrunkard

• Offline Offline
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2017, 10:15:25 am »
How do I make it a Non Steam version Vik? I didn't know there was a non steam version...

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2017, 06:34:04 pm »
Download a cracked copy.

shaolindrunkard

• Offline Offline
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2017, 06:41:18 pm »
 :angel:

severdhed

• Offline Offline
  • RIP Dinosaur Hippo
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2017, 10:35:58 pm »
I just installed this mod tonight and I just want to say thanks. It is fun playing this with 4 players and full screen.  It did pop up once with a message about unlocking something, I just closed it and reopened it and it went away.

I'm glad I put 4 JLWs in my panel so I can easily switch them all to 4 way mode.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

fallacy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 23, 2024, 12:27:45 am
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2017, 03:44:19 pm »
Another really fun Battle royal game that is perfect for a 4 player cab is a game on steam called Knight Squad.