Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Quote Selected feature  (Read 2867 times)

vwalbridge

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2021, 12:21:09 pm
  • Don't half-ass two things, whole-ass one thing.
Quote Selected feature
« on: September 17, 2015, 11:00:22 pm »
Perhaps this has been mentioned before but what about having a "quote selected" feature on BYOAC?

I have seen this feature on other forums and it's incredibly convenient.

For those that don't know what I'm referring to...it allows you to highlight a members' words, hit "quote selected" and it allow you to only reply to that selected text.

Saves a lot of time when replying to long posts and you only want to reference a small portion.
If you can read this, it means Photobucket's money grab ruined my signature photos.

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 05:01:47 am
  • Designated spam hunter
Re: Quote Selected feature
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 12:11:08 am »
Perhaps this has been mentioned before but what about having a "quote selected" feature on BYOAC?

I have seen this feature on other forums and it's incredibly convenient.

For those that don't know what I'm referring to...it allows you to highlight a members' words, hit "quote selected" and it allow you to only reply to that selected text.

Saves a lot of time when replying to long posts and you only want to reference a small portion.
  Good news:
There is a related SMF mod here.

Bad News:
1.  Saint is cautious about adding mods since they can cause security and compatibility issues.

2.  The mod doesn't list SMF 2.0.3 as compatible. (possible documentation oversight by the moddev)   :dunno
Compatible With:
    1.1.18, 1.1.19, 1.1.20, 1.1.21, 2.0.1, 2.0.4, 2.0.5, 2.0.6, 2.0.7, 2.0.8, 2.0.9, 2.0.10

Scott

vwalbridge

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2021, 12:21:09 pm
  • Don't half-ass two things, whole-ass one thing.
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 09:36:27 am »
Right on. Thanks PL1 for the explanation.  :)
If you can read this, it means Photobucket's money grab ruined my signature photos.

Phreakwars

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:39:34 am
  • Waka-Waka
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,146325.0.html
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2015, 10:33:45 am »
Strange, it doesn't list it as compatible with 2.0.3, but it does list it in the instructions. And it does IN FACT work. I installed it just a bit ago on /localhost with XAMPP using SMF 2.0.3 just to see, and yep... works great.