Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Video Screen Saver  (Read 1416 times)

sl33p3r

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 04, 2015, 09:09:47 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Video Screen Saver
« on: September 14, 2015, 04:01:13 pm »
Hello,

I am in the process of rebuilding an arcade cabinet I built many years ago.  I used to run Mamewah as my frontend, but like MaLa so much better.  So far I have been able to get everything working the way I want, except one small issue.  I have switched from a CRT monitor to LCD, and I did this so I can easily rotate the display for vertical & horizontal games.  I have MAME doing the screen rotation as needed, and MaLa is rotating the frontend with the games.  All of that is working great.  The challenge is with the Screensaver.  When the screen is rotated for the Vertical games, the screen saver is not rotating the videos.  it rotates pictures, but not videos.  Am I missing a setting somewhere, or is this capability not possible?

[EDIT - additional info]
I just added some MAME attract videos, and added the video object to the layout to see if it would display properly.  I am getting the same behavior here.  When using the vertical orientation, the videos are not rotated to match the vertical alignment.  They are showing on their side.

Thanks in Advance...
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 05:12:42 pm by sl33p3r »