Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Outrun 2 FXT 2.4 Released!  (Read 172409 times)

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Re: Outrun 2 FXT 2.4 Released!
« Reply #320 on: March 02, 2017, 03:25:35 pm »
Yeah it's quite annoying that every version of the game has one of the missing components, but none are perfect arcade ports with every stage in 2/2SP and all the music.

isamu

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 18, 2024, 02:38:32 am
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #321 on: March 03, 2017, 05:16:47 pm »
BTW, Howard, Is there any way to disable START button once Arcade Mode is loaded, so that we can't access options like changing the keys or exiting the game?

That would be very useful to make the game even closer to the Arcade!

Wow you guys are real sticklers for authenticity  :lol

anchounio

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 04:24:10 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #322 on: March 04, 2017, 07:39:14 am »
What I did was to use autohotkey.  Whenever I send the number 1, the program sends enter which allows you to advance through the car menu and does not bring up the menu box during gameplay.  The code is like this:

1::enter

I also use autohotkeys in my system.  I didn't know ENTER worked as START just in the main menu. This is perfect for getting rid of the options menu ingame   :)
Thank you!!

wellemike

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 23, 2021, 05:50:58 pm
« Reply #323 on: March 05, 2017, 08:56:19 pm »
I'm glad it worked out for you.  I have uploaded a longer version of the Outrun2SP translated bik files.  The first link is for the 16:9 widescreen version:

https://mega.nz/#!U8QgWI5T!ZIUfvnjqClPUASZoj78PW6jBHY1gSvjaYWm1CP_SkZU

The second is for the 4:3 version if you are using this in an arcade cabinet with a 1.33:1 monitor:

https://mega.nz/#!NlBkGbKT!LnBCa6R36XJ-Gz9vnDuiPMvjr_OJNxxnJvNGOmtDDEY

If interested, simply put the bik file in your mv folder of OutRun2.  Make sure you save your original titlescreen.bik before replacing it with this one.

cangarujack

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 03:49:18 pm
« Reply #324 on: March 06, 2017, 04:17:24 am »
Hi everyone!!!
I'm Gian from Italy...i am a big fan of outrun 2!!!!!! Many coins on the cabinet....

I have download the new FXT version, but i can't setting correct my G27...sterring wheel have a huge dead zone
Please anyone can write step by step how to fix it? and force feedback also?

A big thanks, and sorry for my bad english :-D

cangarujack

• Offline Offline
« Reply #325 on: March 08, 2017, 05:34:37 am »
no one who can help me? :cry:

shaolindrunkard

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 19, 2021, 11:13:43 am
« Reply #326 on: March 08, 2017, 11:26:12 am »
Hi everyone!!!
I'm Gian from Italy...i am a big fan of outrun 2!!!!!! Many coins on the cabinet....

I have download the new FXT version, but i can't setting correct my G27...sterring wheel have a huge dead zone

I'm no expert with Logitech wheels but my guess would be you need to mess with the settings in the Logitech profiler.

shaolindrunkard

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 19, 2021, 11:13:43 am
« Reply #327 on: March 08, 2017, 11:28:07 am »
The only dream I have for this project in the future is if someone with some network code knowledge could figure out how to fix the cars jumping around in lan mode. That would be awesome. Pipe dream I think though...

cangarujack

• Offline Offline
« Reply #328 on: March 08, 2017, 11:48:36 am »
after many times of trying, FFB is ok...but the problem is the dead zone :banghead:

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #329 on: March 08, 2017, 02:14:18 pm »
If you use my wheel override you can adjust the deadzone.  If you are still having issues then like the others said, your wheel profiler is overriding my settings and you need to set it there.  Also this is obvious, but set your wheel to 180 degrees..... it's an arcade racer, not a sim.

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2024, 08:10:48 pm
« Reply #330 on: March 08, 2017, 02:33:07 pm »
Hi everyone!!!

What do you have your wheel rotation set to?
It should be reduced to 180-270 for a game like this.
If it's still set to 900, that could be your problem.
Larger rotation=larger dead zone.

cangarujack

• Offline Offline
« Reply #331 on: March 08, 2017, 03:59:11 pm »
Thanks...but i have just set 180° on profiler...but the dead zone remais huge... :-[

It's correct my setting?

i have also a run time error 9 when the race start...what is?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 04:27:15 pm by cangarujack »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #332 on: March 08, 2017, 08:15:42 pm »
If you are getting any kind of an error then the wrapper is crashing and that's why you are having issues.  Did you download the updated exe I posted a couple of messages ago?  Check page 30.

cangarujack

• Offline Offline
« Reply #333 on: March 09, 2017, 05:56:41 am »
OK, as soon as possible i reinstall all and try the new exe...thanks for now :notworthy:

cangarujack

• Offline Offline
« Reply #334 on: March 10, 2017, 05:42:05 pm »
after reinstall all I try the update .exe...now the run time error 9 don't appear...but now the profiler with 180° not works. any settings of the g27 that i change, has no effect!!  :banghead:
I do not know what to do  :dunno

mickael28

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 01, 2020, 07:56:15 am
« Reply #335 on: March 11, 2017, 05:25:05 pm »
Hi, I was running Outrun 2 on my Windows 10 PC and found out this post with information about how to had 'force feedback'.

I've downloaded the 'OR2FXT2.4.rar' and extracted on the main game location, is there anything else I need to do?

When I launch the game via the 'OR2FXT.exe' the game seems to start ok, but then during the menu screen the d-pad is working in a similar gamepad to the xbox 360, but the analog sticks are not. And when I am about to start any game (single player, outrun2sp, etc) then the accelerator and break works, but neither d-pad nor analog sticks are recognized and the force feedback doesn't work either...

Is there anything else I need to do to have all working? Pls if you could suggest something that I could try?

lettuce

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 31, 2021, 01:46:10 pm
  • Make It So!
« Reply #336 on: March 31, 2017, 06:32:58 pm »
Have just come across this mod, great work Howard_Casto!!.

Im having a few issues the analog stick for steering doesnt appear to work on my XBox One pad and the game runs too fast, any ideas?

Also any chance of a beta of the latest build Howard_Casto with the HD hud??

FeR

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 13, 2019, 08:49:20 pm
« Reply #337 on: May 09, 2017, 10:03:43 am »
Hi, I was running Outrun 2 on my Windows 10 PC and found out this post with information about how to had 'force feedback'.

I've downloaded the 'OR2FXT2.4.rar' and extracted on the main game location, is there anything else I need to do?

When I launch the game via the 'OR2FXT.exe' the game seems to start ok, but then during the menu screen the d-pad is working in a similar gamepad to the xbox 360, but the analog sticks are not. And when I am about to start any game (single player, outrun2sp, etc) then the accelerator and break works, but neither d-pad nor analog sticks are recognized and the force feedback doesn't work either...

Is there anything else I need to do to have all working? Pls if you could suggest something that I could try?

Same here, the left stick is not working nor the force feedback, besides a message pops up "run time error 9 subscript out of range" every time I'm about to begin a race, I'm still on Windows XP SP3..

envido32

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 09, 2023, 06:06:49 pm
« Reply #338 on: May 27, 2017, 10:10:16 pm »
Hello there! I literally search for “Outrun 2006 Force Feedback patch”  and it landed me here. I also had the “run time error 9” problem but with the updated exe the error was fixed and now happily playing this updated game.

I’d like to give some feedback and if you need a beta tester or some other help let me know :)

- For some reason I need to run the OR2FXT.exe with administrative permits or it won’t run showing the following error: “Unable to crate Direct3D device with the current settings. Please run the configuration tool and check that video settings are valid.”
- If Overlay is ON it will always run in Windowed Mode regardless of the configuration (still perfectly playable). Funny because in the Readme it says the opposite: “Overlays only work in fullscreen mode and when they are enabled, the game no longer runs in true fullscreen mode (although you won't be able to tell).”. Maybe a typo?
- Also with Overlay in the car selection screen instead of the “Not Avaliable” sprite the radio appears (screen attached)
- HD Hud looks weird with non 4:3 resolutions (screen attached)
- Sometimes if I make a really quick turn the Force feedback turns off for 1 or 2 seconds and reactivates, it’s kinda random. I’m still trying some configurations to rule out the drivers but no luck yet.

Ideas
- Some way to skip the intro logos?
- I know it’s a long shot: OutRun 2 Xbox version had 2 bonus courses: one inspired in DaytonaUSA 2 and other one in Scud Race (aka Sega Super GT). If there is any way to import them I’ll be happy to help.

DaytonaUSA 2:
Scud Race:

My PC config:
- Windows 7 x64
- Intel Core i5 M480 2.67 GHz
- 8Gb RAM
- nVidia GeForce GT 420M
- Logitech Driving Force GT

And of course I can’t end the post without thanking for your amazing work, I can’t believe I’m playing this old gem and now with an almost equal arcade feeling.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #339 on: May 27, 2017, 11:26:06 pm »
Yes the wrapper is hacking the game, so for some setups admin privileges are required to keep your anti-virus and/or windows defender form screwing stuff up. 
No overlays only work in fullscreen mode, as in with "window mode" unchecked in the fxtcfg.  The fact that it isn't true fullscreen is how the overlay system works. 
I have all the cars unlocked as does most everyone else, so I didn't catch this, but I'll look into it thanks. 
It doesn't look weird at all to me.  It's just the old hud isn't removed yet.... this is mentioned in this thread.  Turn that off in your ini to fix it. 

The force feedback issue sounds like one of the effects are incompatible or something.  Not much I can do until I start playing with my rig again.

It's been asked several times before, no the logos can't be skipped... the game menu is loading during that time.  Ditto with the bonus tracks.... I'm well aware of them.

FeR

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 13, 2019, 08:49:20 pm
« Reply #340 on: June 09, 2017, 11:07:33 am »
I downloaded the executable one page ago (I recommend update the first post though) and it's working great  no more "run time error 9" thank you very much Howard!!, I'm playing with a DS3 controller using the tilt funtion, maybe someday I'll mod a DS3 controller into a steering wheel ;).

OnKz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 14, 2023, 08:24:36 pm
  • Anon Hello Kitty punishes.
    • Unfinished Website
« Reply #341 on: June 10, 2017, 11:10:17 am »
Has anyone been able to open those weird '.sz' files and view their contents yet? I'd love to know what's in all those files. Always wanted to mess with the in-game images like menu art, etc.

Never mind, I completely forgot about OutrunX, cheers Howard, this project has come a long way in 2 years, GGWP :)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 11:12:10 am by OnKz »
Hey you! Yeah, you. The guy behind the screen. What you staring at? Get back to work! :P

IISargeII

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2020, 09:16:43 pm
Outrun 2 FXT 2.4 Released!
« Reply #342 on: June 18, 2017, 07:50:05 pm »
Hi,

I used to play this on my Thrustmaster Wheel quite a lot. Unfortunately now I can't due to changing to a direct drive wheel. Everytime the game starts the wheel goes berserk with a crazy vibration type of effect  ;D

It's almost as if the game is sending ffb from the very moment it starts up. I've tried messing around with the config until I came to a dead end.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, I miss playing this game  :-[

Cheers.

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 18, 2024, 02:38:32 am
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #343 on: June 19, 2017, 03:43:46 pm »
Hi,

I used to play this on my Thrustmaster Wheel quite a lot. Unfortunately now I can't due to changing to a direct drive wheel. Everytime the game starts the wheel goes berserk with a crazy vibration type of effect  ;D

It's almost as if the game is sending ffb from the very moment it starts up. I've tried messing around with the config until I came to a dead end.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, I miss playing this game  :-[

Cheers.

Which DD wheel do you have? I have a Bodnar and it's working good for me because I'm emulating a Logitech G29 wheel in Windows  using GIMX. Try out GIMX. You'll be able to play any racing game with it, since Windows will make your DD wheel think it's a G29.

http://blog.gimx.fr/

nonosto

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 10, 2023, 01:37:29 am
« Reply #344 on: June 19, 2017, 11:02:26 pm »
Hello world

Thank you for this work. I try to run it but when I plugged my offical xbox 360 wired controller I have this message: "Outrun FXT: feel the roadhas stopped working" but the OR2006C2C.EXE but continue to run.
When I unplugged the controller, OR2FXT.exe rn (menu is in 4/3 adjust) but when put enter freeze. I must use task manager to kill process.

I reinstall the last version about xbox 360 drivers.

Some one can help me.

My configuration:

Laptop in WIN 7 64 bit 6 GB Ram
CPU: i7 2630QM 2 GHz ~ 2.9 GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 550M 2 Go DDR3 VRAM.

When I succes to run it I would like to set it for arcade style, i.e. run direct Outrun 2 SP from arcade intro (Chihiro/Lindbergh).

Sorry for the next, it's my wishlist but maybe it would be interest some of body.

Whislist: I dont know if it's possible but I would like a special course with 15 outrun 2 + 15 outrun 2 SP, and a extra course 15 revers OR2 + 15 reverse SP2 + 15 classic or2 + 15 classic SP2.

THX

BuckoA51

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2024, 09:19:08 am
« Reply #345 on: June 25, 2017, 07:13:06 pm »
Crashing for me too with my Xbox 360 controller, it works briefly, though I can't use the analogue stick at all in the menus, then it will crash after a minute or two.

I thought it would be Windows 10 since Microsoft seem to constantly be messing/tweaking the drivers but seems you're on Windows 7?

nonosto

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 10, 2023, 01:37:29 am
« Reply #346 on: June 29, 2017, 04:55:25 pm »
For me it's not a problem from controller without crash....I try with a wired ps3 gampad same issue...
Please help me....

a7mag3ddon

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 14, 2021, 02:38:54 pm
« Reply #347 on: July 19, 2017, 03:03:48 pm »

Hi,

I have a G29 steering wheel and pedal set, when i try to map the pedals i have no accelerate at all, and either.. brake does nothing, or its always on until i press it.

Whats the best way to try and figure out what the right axis/ settings are for this wheel?

Im using the 2.4v from the first post and i already have the .dll registered.

Thanks.

anchounio

• Offline Offline
« Reply #348 on: August 04, 2017, 05:18:03 pm »
Same problem here. I have a g27 and the brake pedal doesn't seem to work. I know it is on the RZ axxis, If I choose bottom or full it will be pressed all the time. If I choose Top, it won't work when pressing it.

I have another issue: no music during the race!

anchounio

• Offline Offline
« Reply #349 on: August 05, 2017, 05:43:08 am »
LOGITECH G27 CONFIGURATION for Dummies

I've just solved my brake issue using the logitech profiler. For that purpose, first of all I've configured the outrun2fxt Pedals section this way:

(first attachment).

After that I've marked the "Pedal Override" square. If not marked pedals won't work at all.
Then, inside the Logitech profiler application, I've inverted the BRAKE axxis. I've got to mention that this is the only significant change I've done to the profile created for Outrun2. Important to mention that I HAVEN'T COMBINED THE PEDALS, despite what an user said here about it. I've attached 2 screens of my configuration of the outrun2 profile I created in the Logitech Profiler. The first one is the general configuration of the profile, the second one belongs to the BRAKE configuration, where I just marked the square to invert the axis. They are in Spanish, sorry:

(second attachment)
(third attachment)

VERY IMPORTANT: When creating the profile the exe file must be "OR2006C2C.exe" . If you choose "OR2FXT.exe" the changes done in the profiler won't apply to the game.

Going back to Outrun2FXT, the rest of the configurations (VR, wheel override...) should be all left marked except "enable xinput rumble" which is only for xbox360 controllers, that's obvious.

In Gear Shift I've chosen "Up / Down Shifter", because I think this is how the original arcade worked with the gears. The configuration of the buttons is as following:

(fourth attachment)

The VR configuration:

(fifth attachment)

The numbers I've put for the view and gear buttons belong to number assignation for each button of the g27 in windows. You can check this numbers in MAME, for example.

anchounio

• Offline Offline
« Reply #350 on: August 05, 2017, 06:37:16 am »
Unfortunately there are still some issues in the mod. I've written the problem and the solution I've found for it:

- there are no CLAXON or START input inside FXTCONFIG to set this keys to a wheel controller.
  *Solved using joytokey to link these keys to my g27 wheel buttons. (ENTER (start) and E (claxon) are the default keys in the game).

- During the music selection, nothing happens when I press BRAKE. It should allow to choose extra music
 added from the Arcade/Xbox version of the game. Nothing happens to me here :(
  *Solved with joytokey, assigning F2 key to my g27's VR1 configured button. I prefer not to assign it to brake,
  because the game menu itself propose you to press VR1 button to check other tracks, not Brake.

- The music "Splash Wave", doesn't sound. It sound in the music selection screen, but then it doesn't sound at all inside the game. I have no problem with any other musics. The extra tracks also work.
 I've tried running the original file of the game (OR2006C2C.exe) and there's no issue here!
 It only happens when running the mod (OR2FXT.exe).
 * I've done some testing, I can confirm that the issue sometimes doesn't ocurr. In % I'll show what happens when choosing Splash Wave track:
 90%: Splash Wave doesn't sound, there's no music ingame.
   5%: Splash Wave sounds!!!
   5%: Other track sounds (that's weird) !!!

* I've found a solution by unchecking the square "Enable Bonus Songs for Arcade Mode" in the enhancements menu. I've never known what this option was about because it never worked for me. I think it was something about pressing brake and being able to use the extra tracks inside the sound folder... I see there are about about 28 tracks inside the sound folder of the game once I copied the extra tracks howard casto uploaded on page 1, so I guess It was possible to use those extra tracks somehow by pressing brake ... it never worked for me anyway or I never understood this feature.  It will be OK for me with the original tracks of the game plus the extra ones when pressing the VR button.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 01:40:17 pm by anchounio »

jevansoh

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 23, 2023, 04:56:52 pm
« Reply #351 on: August 07, 2017, 07:36:29 am »
I'm getting a busy circle as soon as I load the wrapper and although it doesn't seem to affect game play, upon exit, it hangs every time.  I cannot close the program regularly.  I have to wait for it to time out after a minute when it gives that unhelpful message stating it wants to look for a solution to the problem.  I can then finally close it out.

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

timic83

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 23, 2017, 02:58:16 pm
« Reply #352 on: August 23, 2017, 02:58:10 pm »
I can't get the 360 controller to work... keeps swerving to the right and just going all over the place when wheel override is unchecked, and X axis doesn't even work when it's checked. Any support would be appreciated.

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2024, 08:20:43 pm
« Reply #353 on: September 08, 2017, 02:34:41 am »
Ok the busy circle as soon as you load wrapper is potentially caused by the force feedback side

I found my wheel was set to ID2 which was causing wrapper to crash like this on one of my pcs, went to the ff ini file and changed ID to 2 and everything worked fine

Only thing I cant work out now is every time i load the game it sets itself as defaulted to my shifter and I have to goto controls and change it to my logitech wheel every damn time

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2024, 08:20:43 pm
« Reply #354 on: September 09, 2017, 01:43:28 am »
actually has anyone used a g27 with this?

Im having an issue with both wheels connected (doesn't do this with fanatec wheels) with all settings the same.

When i turn the wheel at all it starts doing this wierd clicking which is really annoying, Any ideas how to fix that?

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #355 on: September 09, 2017, 01:52:23 am »
The game freaks out when a bunch of stuff is hooked up.  That's actually not on my end.  Eventually every single control will have an override, but even still I can't fix the weirdness it causes when lots of usb devices are hooked up at once.  Unplug one of the wheels and then see how it does. 

The only thing I can think of from what you are describing is that perhaps the spring effect I crafted isn't working well with that wheel.  It can be edited to any effect that works with the ffeedit I included.  Also keep your wheel in 180 degree mode. 

Hope that helps. 

umisery

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 04, 2019, 07:55:25 pm
« Reply #356 on: October 08, 2017, 03:57:06 pm »
Controller isn't working here either, only the digital controls work and none of the analogue ones. I can't bind any of the analogue controls since the game doesn't pick them up :(

POOTERMAN

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 18, 2021, 05:08:30 pm
    • My PC Desktop Icon Atwork
« Reply #357 on: October 14, 2017, 01:39:44 am »
Imagine my joy when my daughter who is 19 just texted me a photo of her playing this is an arcade near where she lives.

A proud dad so I am :)

Made this desktop icon for the game to celebrate doing something right!

:)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 01:42:08 am by POOTERMAN »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #358 on: December 03, 2017, 08:40:29 pm »
So I was putzing around in the memory of Outrun 2006 today and I stumbled across a way to re-route the joystick # used by the game!  Yes this means that multiple joysticks will no longer cause an issue with the game as I'll add a feature to hardcode the inputs to a specific joystick id #.  Even though I haven't worked on fxt in quite some time, I believe that this is deserving of a new release.  I might do it tonight as a matter of fact.  :)

POOTERMAN:  Nice logo. 

ark216

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 04, 2022, 08:40:55 pm
« Reply #359 on: January 16, 2018, 12:16:19 pm »
Finally got the mode to work! I must say what an amazing job has Mr. Howard Casto done! It is as if he has breathed new life into this ageing gem. The FFB works, the music selection was an issue at first but as i read a couple of posts earlier that you have to uncheck "bonus music" option in the FXT config. The game also loads directly in SP2  mode.
The only thing i am unable to figure out is how to setup the VR buttons on my Xbox one Controller? I would like to set them on my d-pad 4 views much like Daytona.
Can someone help me with that? What values in the 4 boxes below and whether to check "enable hat switch" option?