Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Outrun 2 FXT 2.4 Released!  (Read 50259 times)

ark216

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Outrun 2 FXT 2.4 Released!
« Reply #360 on: January 16, 2018, 12:22:30 pm »
Unfortunately there are still some issues in the mod. I've written the problem and the solution I've found for it:

- there are no CLAXON or START input inside FXTCONFIG to set this keys to a wheel controller.
  *Solved using joytokey to link these keys to my g27 wheel buttons. (ENTER (start) and E (claxon) are the default keys in the game).

- During the music selection, nothing happens when I press BRAKE. It should allow to choose extra music
 added from the Arcade/Xbox version of the game. Nothing happens to me here :(
  *Solved with joytokey, assigning F2 key to my g27's VR1 configured button. I prefer not to assign it to brake,
  because the game menu itself propose you to press VR1 button to check other tracks, not Brake.

- The music "Splash Wave", doesn't sound. It sound in the music selection screen, but then it doesn't sound at all inside the game. I have no problem with any other musics. The extra tracks also work.
 I've tried running the original file of the game (OR2006C2C.exe) and there's no issue here!
 It only happens when running the mod (OR2FXT.exe).
 * I've done some testing, I can confirm that the issue sometimes doesn't ocurr. In % I'll show what happens when choosing Splash Wave track:
 90%: Splash Wave doesn't sound, there's no music ingame.
   5%: Splash Wave sounds!!!
   5%: Other track sounds (that's weird) !!!

* I've found a solution by unchecking the square "Enable Bonus Songs for Arcade Mode" in the enhancements menu. I've never known what this option was about because it never worked for me. I think it was something about pressing brake and being able to use the extra tracks inside the sound folder... I see there are about about 28 tracks inside the sound folder of the game once I copied the extra tracks howard casto uploaded on page 1, so I guess It was possible to use those extra tracks somehow by pressing brake ... it never worked for me anyway or I never understood this feature.  It will be OK for me with the original tracks of the game plus the extra ones when pressing the VR button.

Thanks for letting us know, i was going through the same problem. Now tell me how to add music from Xbox/Arcade version of the game into this game and to play it while racing? Do the music files have to be in a specific format?
Also if you can tell me how to add those .bik files and generate a new attract mode for the game?

ark216

• Offline Offline
« Reply #361 on: January 16, 2018, 02:29:53 pm »
Guys i just encountered a weird issue where my car is accelerating "by itself" without touching the Right Trigger of my controller. I tried to change the controls in the controls section of the game and things got even worse! I did a "fresh install" again! Did everything step-by-step and problem seems to persist!

What is causing it to do so?

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #362 on: January 16, 2018, 02:39:23 pm »
check the controls and accl button, if it's set to 0 it might function as a button being pressed

it did for me anyway

ark216

• Offline Offline
« Reply #363 on: January 16, 2018, 03:03:42 pm »
Could be, i'll just check and get back to you. Meanwhile can you tell me how to map the VR buttons for 4 different views on my controller (buttons or d-pad ideally)?

ark216

• Offline Offline
« Reply #364 on: January 17, 2018, 08:27:37 am »
Guys can someone tell me how to assign VR buttons on my Xbox 360/One Controller?

Also i would like to try to play it on LAN play with 2 PCs. Can someone post a guide of how to do it?

Thanks!

Super scaler

• Offline Offline
« Reply #365 on: February 17, 2018, 01:50:07 pm »
I'm glad it worked out for you.  I have uploaded a longer version of the Outrun2SP translated bik files.  The first link is for the 16:9 widescreen version:

https://mega.nz/#!U8QgWI5T!ZIUfvnjqClPUASZoj78PW6jBHY1gSvjaYWm1CP_SkZU

The second is for the 4:3 version if you are using this in an arcade cabinet with a 1.33:1 monitor:

https://mega.nz/#!NlBkGbKT!LnBCa6R36XJ-Gz9vnDuiPMvjr_OJNxxnJvNGOmtDDEY

If interested, simply put the bik file in your mv folder of OutRun2.  Make sure you save your original titlescreen.bik before replacing it with this one.

Hi if possible could these two files be uploaded again links are dead. Thanks in advance for any help with this.

danscu

• Offline Offline
« Reply #366 on: February 19, 2018, 09:51:53 am »
Hi
I'm a new owner of a L2M2 setup and model 2 dash on my driving cab.  Can anyone let me know how I can change the difficulty from "very easy" which is default on Outrun 2?
Cheers
Dan

defre19766

• Offline Offline
« Reply #367 on: June 04, 2018, 12:56:19 am »
Hello guys

Hope this is still active.
Because i have a problem. I just added out run in hyperspin. And i struggle a little to get my g25 wheel to work.
I control hyperpin with my xbix 360 controller and second controller is my wheel . But i just control hyperspin with the xbox controller.
The fix to get my wheel working in outrun was to disconnect the xbox controller.
Is there a possible fix for this?

What the problem is when i exit the game and i connect my xbox controller back on i loose my connection with jotokey.

Any help

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31