Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Outrun 2 FXT 2.4 Released!  (Read 173703 times)

ark216

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 04, 2022, 08:40:55 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Outrun 2 FXT 2.4 Released!
« Reply #360 on: January 16, 2018, 12:22:30 pm »
Unfortunately there are still some issues in the mod. I've written the problem and the solution I've found for it:

- there are no CLAXON or START input inside FXTCONFIG to set this keys to a wheel controller.
  *Solved using joytokey to link these keys to my g27 wheel buttons. (ENTER (start) and E (claxon) are the default keys in the game).

- During the music selection, nothing happens when I press BRAKE. It should allow to choose extra music
 added from the Arcade/Xbox version of the game. Nothing happens to me here :(
  *Solved with joytokey, assigning F2 key to my g27's VR1 configured button. I prefer not to assign it to brake,
  because the game menu itself propose you to press VR1 button to check other tracks, not Brake.

- The music "Splash Wave", doesn't sound. It sound in the music selection screen, but then it doesn't sound at all inside the game. I have no problem with any other musics. The extra tracks also work.
 I've tried running the original file of the game (OR2006C2C.exe) and there's no issue here!
 It only happens when running the mod (OR2FXT.exe).
 * I've done some testing, I can confirm that the issue sometimes doesn't ocurr. In % I'll show what happens when choosing Splash Wave track:
 90%: Splash Wave doesn't sound, there's no music ingame.
   5%: Splash Wave sounds!!!
   5%: Other track sounds (that's weird) !!!

* I've found a solution by unchecking the square "Enable Bonus Songs for Arcade Mode" in the enhancements menu. I've never known what this option was about because it never worked for me. I think it was something about pressing brake and being able to use the extra tracks inside the sound folder... I see there are about about 28 tracks inside the sound folder of the game once I copied the extra tracks howard casto uploaded on page 1, so I guess It was possible to use those extra tracks somehow by pressing brake ... it never worked for me anyway or I never understood this feature.  It will be OK for me with the original tracks of the game plus the extra ones when pressing the VR button.

Thanks for letting us know, i was going through the same problem. Now tell me how to add music from Xbox/Arcade version of the game into this game and to play it while racing? Do the music files have to be in a specific format?
Also if you can tell me how to add those .bik files and generate a new attract mode for the game?

ark216

• Offline Offline
« Reply #361 on: January 16, 2018, 02:29:53 pm »
Guys i just encountered a weird issue where my car is accelerating "by itself" without touching the Right Trigger of my controller. I tried to change the controls in the controls section of the game and things got even worse! I did a "fresh install" again! Did everything step-by-step and problem seems to persist!

What is causing it to do so?

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2024, 08:20:43 pm
« Reply #362 on: January 16, 2018, 02:39:23 pm »
check the controls and accl button, if it's set to 0 it might function as a button being pressed

it did for me anyway

ark216

• Offline Offline
« Reply #363 on: January 16, 2018, 03:03:42 pm »
Could be, i'll just check and get back to you. Meanwhile can you tell me how to map the VR buttons for 4 different views on my controller (buttons or d-pad ideally)?

ark216

• Offline Offline
« Reply #364 on: January 17, 2018, 08:27:37 am »
Guys can someone tell me how to assign VR buttons on my Xbox 360/One Controller?

Also i would like to try to play it on LAN play with 2 PCs. Can someone post a guide of how to do it?

Thanks!

Super scaler

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 21, 2019, 07:06:10 pm
« Reply #365 on: February 17, 2018, 01:50:07 pm »
I'm glad it worked out for you.  I have uploaded a longer version of the Outrun2SP translated bik files.  The first link is for the 16:9 widescreen version:

https://mega.nz/#!U8QgWI5T!ZIUfvnjqClPUASZoj78PW6jBHY1gSvjaYWm1CP_SkZU

The second is for the 4:3 version if you are using this in an arcade cabinet with a 1.33:1 monitor:

https://mega.nz/#!NlBkGbKT!LnBCa6R36XJ-Gz9vnDuiPMvjr_OJNxxnJvNGOmtDDEY

If interested, simply put the bik file in your mv folder of OutRun2.  Make sure you save your original titlescreen.bik before replacing it with this one.

Hi if possible could these two files be uploaded again links are dead. Thanks in advance for any help with this.

danscu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 26, 2018, 01:53:57 pm
« Reply #366 on: February 19, 2018, 09:51:53 am »
Hi
I'm a new owner of a L2M2 setup and model 2 dash on my driving cab.  Can anyone let me know how I can change the difficulty from "very easy" which is default on Outrun 2?
Cheers
Dan

defre19766

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2020, 03:46:47 pm
« Reply #367 on: June 04, 2018, 12:56:19 am »
Hello guys

Hope this is still active.
Because i have a problem. I just added out run in hyperspin. And i struggle a little to get my g25 wheel to work.
I control hyperpin with my xbix 360 controller and second controller is my wheel . But i just control hyperspin with the xbox controller.
The fix to get my wheel working in outrun was to disconnect the xbox controller.
Is there a possible fix for this?

What the problem is when i exit the game and i connect my xbox controller back on i loose my connection with jotokey.

Any help

petran79

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 13, 2018, 11:58:59 am
« Reply #368 on: August 13, 2018, 05:31:31 am »
I had an older version from 2015 installed, but by adding the latest version, ingame controls do not work. Neither keyboard or gamepad. Car does not stir left or right or it is locked to left steering. I had to copy the old FXT config files for controls to work.

fiatbravodriver

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 08, 2021, 09:22:44 am
« Reply #369 on: August 30, 2018, 07:38:36 am »
Hi Guys,

I am having a problem but only in the menus. It must be something stupid but I cannot figure it out. Spent ages. The option menu constantly cycles.
I have a Logitech G27 the game plays fine. Axes problem maybe?

I can post screenshots of my config if needed.

Here is a Video of it happening.

Thanks.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:59:21 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #370 on: August 30, 2018, 12:39:42 pm »
That's a glitch with the original game itself.  You need to hold the brake (or accelerator, I can't remember which) halfway down until it stops scrolling.  Ideally, don't go into the menus with your wheel plugged in unless absolutely necessary.

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 03:30:55 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
« Reply #371 on: August 30, 2018, 06:05:03 pm »
Also i would like to try to play it on LAN play with 2 PCs. Can someone post a guide of how to do it?

Thanks!

All you need is a copy of the game on each PC and for the PCs to be on the same network (I can't remember if they need to be in a homegroup or not. I don't think they do). That's all there is to it.

shaolindrunkard

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 19, 2021, 11:13:43 am
« Reply #372 on: August 30, 2018, 06:34:42 pm »

Thanks!

All you need is a copy of the game on each PC and for the PCs to be on the same network (I can't remember if they need to be in a homegroup or not. I don't think they do). That's all there is to it.

Unfortunately I think the Lan mode still has that de-syncing issue...

camranbant

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 20, 2018, 07:36:07 am
« Reply #373 on: November 11, 2018, 09:02:03 am »
on other versions of or2 cars have two different shadows, on C2C only the stencil shadows show on the players car, but the others are only visible on AI cars. does anyone know if theres a way to put these back on the player car?

here's what i mean:

paultje162

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2019, 04:58:42 am
« Reply #374 on: April 23, 2019, 04:42:04 pm »
I'm glad it worked out for you.  I have uploaded a longer version of the Outrun2SP translated bik files.  The first link is for the 16:9 widescreen version:

https://mega.nz/#!U8QgWI5T!ZIUfvnjqClPUASZoj78PW6jBHY1gSvjaYWm1CP_SkZU

The second is for the 4:3 version if you are using this in an arcade cabinet with a 1.33:1 monitor:

https://mega.nz/#!NlBkGbKT!LnBCa6R36XJ-Gz9vnDuiPMvjr_OJNxxnJvNGOmtDDEY

If interested, simply put the bik file in your mv folder of OutRun2.  Make sure you save your original titlescreen.bik before replacing it with this one.

Could you please repost these files? Mega took them down

zel

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 26, 2019, 06:38:05 am
« Reply #375 on: August 06, 2019, 12:53:58 am »
I'm a getting a Run-time error '52'
any idea how to fix this?

shakeheartbreak

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 25, 2023, 06:34:54 pm
  • OutRun 2 Diehard
« Reply #376 on: August 06, 2019, 08:44:03 am »
I'm a getting a Run-time error '52'
any idea how to fix this?

- Do you have Direct X installed?
- Have you run FXT Config at least once?
-- Try running the latter in Admin mode too
-- Try running the FXT executable in Admin mode too if not

I've had this before but can't remember what solved it, so if these aren't the fix, I'm sure others will be able to provide it! :applaud:

Joaquim2020

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 26, 2022, 07:47:06 am
Re: Outrun 2 FXT Beta 2.0 Released!
« Reply #377 on: December 28, 2020, 12:45:05 pm »
Thanks for the hardwork Howard! Sadly I wont have time to play till the weekend. Good thing its a long weekend.

piggybacking: here are some Alternative intro videos. Perfect for those who turn on the arcade mode and get a better arcade feel.

Thanks for the videos.  :applaud:
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 12:50:01 pm by Joaquim2020 »

thefox

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 30, 2021, 05:09:11 am
    • From The Old Arcade
« Reply #378 on: November 26, 2021, 07:54:51 am »
Well, its now late 2021 and I hav ejust set up Outrun 2 on my PC with my Logitech G29 and the FXT mod.
fine, but
Thanks to the creator of the FXT. In the continuing absence of OutRun 3, its great to see this game being kept alive (ish). I still hold my lifelng ambition to own a twin OR2 cab. Ah, one day...

Anyway, wondering if anyone that sees this might be able to help with my pedal setup please ? My wheel is  fine, but G29 pedals do nothing at all. I have checked they are connected/working ok. I need to use the cursor arrows on the PC keyboard to accelerate and brake.

I have tried numerous settings in FXT, currently not making any fdifference to pedals. Currently the settings are:

Joystick: 1
Dead Zone: 0
accelorator axis: y
acc axis type: Top
brake axis:RZ
brake axis type : Bottom

Pedal Override box is Unchecked. If i check it, the car auto-accelerates continuously without any input.

Anything Im doing wrong ? Any ideas please ?

Born in the early seventies
Grew up in the arcades in the 80's
Built "The Fox-Box" in 2012.

https://fromtheoldarcade.wordpress.com/

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 12:55:20 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #379 on: November 26, 2021, 05:58:34 pm »
WEird to pick an older release... you are using FXT 2.5, right?

Launch the game without FXT first. Make sure your wheel is the only controller connected to the system. What happens when you try to assign and calibrate the pedals in the game itself? i would recommend unchecking any joint/dual axis settings outside the game, and the making sure to use the individual axes in the game for accel/brake. You don't need to invert anything to calibrate, just wait a few seconds and an axis which is sitting there on full when the pedal isn't depressed will drop to zero and you can calibrate as normal.

Once the controls are working, then you can use FXT to send FFB to the wheel. Don't worry about overriding the pedals.

Beautiful

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 22, 2022, 06:57:05 am
  • Player of the Beautiful Game
« Reply #380 on: January 03, 2022, 12:45:25 pm »
so it's simply a matter of removing all hud elements and recording the drift sequence in 1080p. 

Can you share how you'd do that please? Would be very helpful for my UI free mod.

Also, everyone else, don't you wish to play the beautiful game in all of its glory with nothing getting in the way? I mean look at how great those screens above look.

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 12:55:20 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #381 on: January 03, 2022, 11:25:19 pm »
Also, everyone else, don't you wish to play the beautiful game in all of its glory with nothing getting in the way? I mean look at how great those screens above look.

Did you mean the screens in the other thread?

And no, personally i don't really want to go hudless :) I am running the TP version of OR2 SPSDX now, admittedly. But I like being able to see both my speed when drifting and the engine revs.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 01:30:22 am by buttersoft »

Beautiful

• Offline Offline
« Reply #382 on: January 04, 2022, 10:12:58 am »

Did you mean the screens in the other thread?

And no, personally i don't really want to go hudless :) I am running the TP version of OR2 SPSDX now, admittedly. But I like being able to see both my speed when drifting and the engine revs.

Yeah thats the one. Forza Horizon really got me into the HUDless style as I really enjoy a screen full of pure gameplay. Wanted to give Outrun a spin again and its still not BC on any modern platform - which is what got me looking at Forza Horizon as an alternative so long ago. Playing it on a PSP instead and whilst its a really good port with 60FPS they made the UI huge. Add on to that the other things like "passing cars" "slipstream" etc you can get to a point where all thats unobstructed is the Ferrari!

You should try HUDless sometime though, highly recommend it as one of the things I picked up from FH was a greater sense of attunement and a lot more driving by feel vs visual feedback of devices. Really puts you in the zone and the experience has amped my whole Outrun style immensely.

I just wish Sega would give this franchise its just due because (apart from a PC which I don't have - which is also mainly only because of this community who updated it to its final form) you simply can't play it "properly" any more. The original XBox version was the best overall as it was such a close, almost pixel perfect port. Put it on 360 BC and the framerate isn't solid any more plus you get other minor glitches. Totally removed from Xbox One onwards as there is no support at all. PS2 version was a bit cut down, try it on PS3 and it runs terribly, way worse than 360. And once again no other platforms support it so getting a PSP was the only option.

Case in point, compare this:

to this:

And you'll see what I mean about the oversized UI and how it really detracts from the beautiful game. Aside from that its an amazing port and I'd recommend it to anyone who wants some portable Outrun goodness as it delivers that for sure.

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 03:30:55 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
« Reply #383 on: January 04, 2022, 12:56:02 pm »
Playing it on a PSP instead and whilst its a really good port with 60FPS they made the UI huge.

The PSP version is only 30fps not 60. It's the only version of the game that doesn't run at 60fps. Still impressive that Sumo were able to cram such a decent port of the game into Sony's handheld though.

Podbod

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 25, 2022, 04:10:00 pm
« Reply #384 on: January 04, 2022, 02:07:17 pm »
Steam deck will be the definitive portable version in a few months ')

Beautiful

• Offline Offline
« Reply #385 on: January 04, 2022, 02:27:27 pm »
Playing it on a PSP instead and whilst its a really good port with 60FPS they made the UI huge.

The PSP version is only 30fps not 60. It's the only version of the game that doesn't run at 60fps. Still impressive that Sumo were able to cram such a decent port of the game into Sony's handheld though.

Its 60FPS if you overclock the PSP to 333Mhz or play it on a Vita. I've noticed that there a still a few graphically intense sections that are locked at 30FPS though for a few moments. Apparently this has to do with how the game was coded but can be overcome on PPSSPP by upping the internal clock.

Fully agree that its an amazing port. An arcade machine in your pocket. Who would've thunk it?

Steam deck will be the definitive portable version in a few months ')

Really great looking piece of tech. I hope this field takes off and we get a budget specced retro style device for a couple of hundred bucks. Something that sits between those Chinese handhelds that only emulate upto N64 and the Steam Deck. Would be perfect for that middle section of retro gaming that is almost totally ignored and, of course, a better portable Outrun.

Wonder if they'll do that? The heat/power demands would be a lot less so the device could be smaller and cheaper as the demand is obviously there. A portable PC environment the size of a Switch/Vita would be perfect

Afterburner1970

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 28, 2022, 12:22:14 am
Re: Outrun 2 FXT Beta 2.0 Released!
« Reply #386 on: April 30, 2022, 03:06:05 am »
I setup a spring for centering force.  If you read the FF.ini at the bottom I mention that the last few lines are for the spring settings.  You'll notice that I have the coefficients set rather low.  Increase them and see if it helps.  You can always use your wheel's profiling software to setup a spring that way.... just make sure that the "allow applications to change settings" is NOT checked, or you will be back to square one.

Force feedback shouldn't go in and out.  Keep in mind that other than a mild effect from shifting, the only force-feedback you are going to get is from impacts and if you run off the road.  Also keep in mind that it's multiplied by your speed, so if you are going really slow you aren't going to feel much, just like in real life. 

I just add a spring effect, so if your wheel is centering wrong, it's most likely the wheel. 

Hi Howard,

I Just found this (thanks for the great work), and it runs great. Like you said above, the centering force is very light, so I set it to 7500, and now works perfectly (Thrustmaster GT 2 wheel).

My only issue is when I start the game for the first time the centering forces don’t work, but your FFB effects do. If I exit the game and relaunch it, the centering works perfectly.

Any thoughts on where I should look?

Many thanks.