Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Outrun 2 FXT 2.4 Released!  (Read 172406 times)

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Outrun 2 FXT 2.4 Released!
« on: September 02, 2015, 01:50:16 am »
Ok guys this is a multi-part thing so I'm uploading packages as I get them ready, so be patient, pardon our dust ect....

Updated 12/24/2016 - Xmas Edition!  More cars, better bonus screens, bug fixes and the experimental Lan Mode.

Updated 10/30/2016 - 2.3 Lots of bug fixes, Bonus Cars and Bonus Songs for Arcade mode.   

Main Executable:

Outrun 2 FXT 2.4

To install simply extract to the Outrun 2006 folder.  To get the radios to look correct, right-click on the two ttf files and select "install".  Other options can be set via the FXTcfg.exe (run this as administrator the first time), including installing the arcade texture packs.  Please note to anyone that has installed some of my alpha texture packs that you will want to restore the textures to default prior to installing.

===============================================================================================================

Packer Tool (for opening archives and editing sprites)

Outrun X 2.2.rar

===============================================================================================================

Attract Mode Videos:

FXT Static Intro @720p WideScreen  - This is what will eventually be the "official" title screen for this mod.  It uses the FXT logo and the Japan Song "Lift you up!"  Right now it doesn't have any gameplay preview, but once I get the wrapper finished I will get back to it. 

More Coming Soon....

Alternate Music Tracks:

Japan Exclusive Bonus Tracks
Rad Racer Original 1987 Tracks

To install simply extract these to the "sound" folder for the game.  Pressing the brake button in-game on a song that does NOT have an alt track (or the random slot in 2sp mode) allows you to switch to the alternate tracks.
==============================================================================================================

Foreign Language Texture Packs:

NOTE:  If you've installed the English packs please UNINSTALL them first!  After that you can extract these rars to your outrun 2006 folder and they will automatically go in the correct place.  Then install texture packs again from fxtcfg. 

Spanish
French
German
Italian

EDIT by BadMouth: files via Google Drive: removed until I find time to upload the latest versions
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 10:59:39 pm by Howard_Casto »

Boomslang

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2024, 08:20:43 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Outrun 2 FXT Beta 2.0 Released!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 02:03:40 am »
Wonderful!

Thanks so much for the hard work you have put into this.

You are a legend

lolomc2

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 14, 2016, 08:42:17 am
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 02:50:39 am »
Oups, my cab is not up... No sleep tonight until it works :=)

Thank you again Howard.

FaithLes2425

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 06, 2020, 02:48:15 pm
  • Bingo!
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 03:24:11 am »
Not sure what i am doing wrong but, I cant get the texture pack to install. it just says run time error 76 Path not found. Just installed a fresh copy of OR2k6 with same resoult. When i launch the OR2FXT.exe after checked Arcade mode (2sp only) in the configuration.exe. I just get the same old pc version. Nothing has changed. The troubleshooter 2 is running in the task bar though. What am i doing wrong?

bandicoot

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 01:23:17 pm
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 06:27:18 am »
thanks thanks thanks

Giddygoon

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2022, 04:13:04 am
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2015, 08:03:30 am »
Well done Howard!!

I shall install on my cab tomorrow...

Do this release have the start to game menu jump?

Thanks again for all your time you have spent on this project

You should be proud!!!

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2015, 12:28:40 pm »
Not sure what i am doing wrong but, I cant get the texture pack to install. it just says run time error 76 Path not found. Just installed a fresh copy of OR2k6 with same resoult. When i launch the OR2FXT.exe after checked Arcade mode (2sp only) in the configuration.exe. I just get the same old pc version. Nothing has changed. The troubleshooter 2 is running in the task bar though. What am i doing wrong?

In the fxtcfg/texpacks folder make a folder named "original" and you are good to go. 

I have no clue what you are talking about in terms of "the same old pc version"  that's what you are running isn't it?  All Arcade mode does is skip the first menu and take you straight into 2sp mode. 

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2024, 07:22:01 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2015, 01:02:25 pm »
Thanks Howard! All downloaded and good to go. I'm feeling a bit too brain dead after work to get everything installed and running tonight, but I look forward to giving this a proper go in the next day or two.

Thanks again  :cheers:

bandicoot

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2015, 01:06:11 pm »
here 's my problem my lord HOWARD
my wheel doesn't work ( logitech driving force ex)
if i let all config by default i can adjust it in option but no reaction in menu and game
if i uncheck wheel override i can use wheel
in both case pedal works but no reaction of FFB
perhaps i don't use  the good ID for my wheel but i don't think so
thanks
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 02:06:36 pm by bandicoot »

FaithLes2425

• Offline Offline
  • Bingo!
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2015, 02:35:14 pm »

In the fxtcfg/texpacks folder make a folder named "original" and you are good to go. 

I have no clue what you are talking about in terms of "the same old pc version"  that's what you are running isn't it?  All Arcade mode does is skip the first menu and take you straight into 2sp mode.

That took care of the texture pack. Thank you. What i mean by the same old version is, It wont skip to SP. it just goes to the pc menu.
I have the same problem with my G27 Wheel. No ffb, i cant set up view buttons or gear and 5th gear on the shifter pauses the game?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 02:53:08 pm by FaithLes2425 »

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2024, 08:10:48 pm
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2015, 02:50:59 pm »
5th gear on the shifter pauses the game?

The gears just show up as standard controller buttons in windows.
5th gear on your wheel may be a conveniently located pause button on Howard's wheel.  :D

FaithLes2425

• Offline Offline
  • Bingo!
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2015, 02:58:00 pm »
5th gear on the shifter pauses the game?

The gears just show up as standard controller buttons in windows.
5th gear on your wheel may be a conveniently located pause button on Howard's wheel.  :D
That could be the reason. I just tryed using a 360 controller and with that setup, it now skips to SP for some reason and i can setup the view buttons on that. BTW nice job with the 4 views. i just wish it wuld work on the wheel aswell. 
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 03:01:08 pm by FaithLes2425 »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2015, 03:06:06 pm »
FFB is something that's going to vary from wheel to wheel, don't panic. 

I'm attaching fedit.exe to this reply.  Open up the effect in the "effects" folder with fedit, select your device in the file menu and try to play the effect.  If nothing happens then it's the effect I'm using.  No biggie, you can just make your own.  If it does then it's most likely something dumb, like the wrong joystick ID. 

You guys are running the dvd multi language version of the game right?  Because the steam version isn't going to work.... the memory addresses are most likely different.  Some of the problems you guys are describing don't make sense is why I ask. 

Anyway, I'm having problems.... I can't really sit up, so I suggest everyone work on it and try to narrow the problem down for when I can actually troubleshoot.

One thing I would suggest is if you are trying to trouble shoot force feedback, turn all the options off but FF ect..... it helps to rule out cross-conflicts and what-not.   

bandicoot

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2015, 04:14:55 pm »
No problem with fedit my wheel react well
basically my wheel seems to be id1 how can i be sure?

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2019, 03:02:05 am
  • Brakes are overrated
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2015, 08:31:01 pm »
Thanks for the hardwork Howard! Sadly I wont have time to play till the weekend. Good thing its a long weekend.

piggybacking: here are some Alternative intro videos. Perfect for those who turn on the arcade mode and get a better arcade feel.

XBOX VERSION:https://mega.co.nz/#!FZcRwSjb!T0QD9YioF8hHPbY7Ji5I3hdSzGyB_SCR08NpGJSOSCE

ps. the hiccup in the beginning of the video is a youtube error. it does not appear in the download link video

CHIHIRO VERSION:

https://mega.co.nz/#!YAdQnAbK!C4YUamGYRRUvRIX5quAGrm-IISpFzBhdthezrDWG0L8

CROPPED CHIHIRO VERSION. I cropped out the "Free Play" at the bottom.

https://mega.co.nz/#!VV9EEQRA!s0sX21AYibptVq4-JDX3uReu7Nv6wnhajrQYos0TEmE

[/quote]

LINDBERGH VERSION: Outrun 2 SP:
https://mega.co.nz/#!EYdCjQyZ!718qa8REWOnJc4JPIXTjn01mm_rf6-8nUW5AYjlZq4g

LINDBERGH CROPPED VERSION: Outrun 2 SP: (I cropped out the "Credits:4" at the bottom for a cleaner video)
https://mega.co.nz/#!Edc0zbbA!0Py8zrEe3Tm4Iu2GnYNXWX4OKC5w8Y6pDd6lh0YO58s

« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 08:33:28 pm by SegaOutrun »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2015, 08:43:37 pm »
Cool man.  Btw, the sumo guys tell me that only anthropomorphic widescreen is supported in the game.... that means that you can do a 720p WS video, but you need to squash it to 4:3 aspect and then if you run the game in 16:9 it'll pull it back out.  So you loose a bit of horizontal detail but it works and no more blurry lines. 

In regards to the people that can't get this working.  Dumb question, but you guys do have the dx8vb.dll don't you?  It's required for non xinput operation and if it's included with DirectX from vista and beyond is kind of spotty.  You have to throw it in your system folder (syswow64 for 64 bit, system or system32 for 32 bit and run regsvr32 on it). 

I'll attach it... you need to put it in the appropriate system folder, run cmd.exe as administrator, navigate to where you put the dll and type "regsvr32.exe dx8vb.dll"

I thought it kind of went without saying because any of my apps that use a joystick need that. 

bandicoot

• Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2015, 01:33:35 am »
thanks it work now with dll activated

FaithLes2425

• Offline Offline
  • Bingo!
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2015, 05:00:57 am »
Those Lindbergh versions are really cool. Is there no way to get them in English?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 06:25:32 am by FaithLes2425 »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2015, 12:10:56 pm »
There's a really crappy youtube version of the Lindbergh attract.  Before I left I was using it as a guide to re-create all the overlays in HD.  Eventually, once the gameplay stuff is sorted, I will get some help and we'll make an HD version of the attract sequences.

FaithLes2425

• Offline Offline
  • Bingo!
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2015, 12:49:27 pm »
Sounds great. BTW that dx8vb.dll sure helped alot. Thank you for that. It fixed the Arcade SP mode and now I get some ffb. But the wheel override setting just toggels to the right in the menus and i cant go left.
In game it works like it should but, the ffb goes away after a short period of time and the wheels center spring may lock in an inappropriate posission?
Any ideas?

PS: The shifter problem i had was due to the games default controller setting where button 13 (5th gear) is set to start.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 01:45:32 pm by FaithLes2425 »

Giddygoon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2015, 01:14:09 pm »
I extracted the ORFXT files to my outrun coast to coast folder  then I saw the two fonts files and right clicked on them but the install option wasn't then?

I clicked on them and could see them

I also made a folder called original and put it in the images folder

Then I clicked on the ORFXT confit and got an error and it would not open

But when I clicked on the ORFXT exec it runs...

I did try it a few times, was really looking forward to the new options

What am I doing wrong?

Thx for any help

bandicoot

• Offline Offline
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2015, 01:27:28 pm »
For me everthing works like a charm but there's something strange in FFB
I have no wheel centering force ( i can activate it into logitech option but when i do this i don't have effect when i turn wheel and hit a wall for example but work when i don't turn my wheel ( i hope it's clear )
Is there's an option in you're setting to activate centering?

i know it will not be easy to answer everyone

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2015, 01:45:11 pm »
I setup a spring for centering force.  If you read the FF.ini at the bottom I mention that the last few lines are for the spring settings.  You'll notice that I have the coefficients set rather low.  Increase them and see if it helps.  You can always use your wheel's profiling software to setup a spring that way.... just make sure that the "allow applications to change settings" is NOT checked, or you will be back to square one.

Force feedback shouldn't go in and out.  Keep in mind that other than a mild effect from shifting, the only force-feedback you are going to get is from impacts and if you run off the road.  Also keep in mind that it's multiplied by your speed, so if you are going really slow you aren't going to feel much, just like in real life. 

I just add a spring effect, so if your wheel is centering wrong, it's most likely the wheel. 

Giddygoon: 

You sound all mixed up.  Please read-read the thread, put the "original" folder in the proper place this time, ect and if you still have problems make another post. 

dirtydog

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2016, 01:25:42 pm
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2015, 01:59:55 pm »
But the wheel override setting just toggels to the right in the menus and i cant go left.
I get the same problem using a 360 pad so it isn't a wheel problem per se.

raindog

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 07, 2015, 03:56:53 am
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2015, 02:46:59 pm »
 Hello everybody.

First of all i wanna express my gratitude to Howard for his great work.

I have a Logitech wheel, a g27 like FaithLes2425, and the FFB isn´t working properly. The effects are only noticeable when you drive at low speed, if you accelerate the FFB fades gradually, or so it seems.

The rest is working great, the override for the control is a big improvement over the original settings.

Thanks again to Howard for this program which gives a new life to that great game and apologies for my poor english.

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2015, 03:26:31 pm »
Nothing against the new guys, but I'm looking forward to seeing what the people who have a lot of experience getting stuff working on an emulator cab have to say.
You run into all kinds of issues setting up emulators with a driving setup and develop a certain feel for troubleshooting the stuff.

Sucks my driving cab is out of commission (and I sold the computer because I thought I'd build a bleeding edge one when I rebuild the cab).
I might have to clamp the old MOMO to my kitchen table and run it on a laptop.

Giddygoon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2015, 04:22:36 pm »
Well I have just tried it again and extracted the contents of ORFXT to the Outrun C2C folder
Gone into the FXT Config folder and created a folder in texpacks called "original"

But when I click on the FXTConfig it fires up a error "system Error &H80070583 (-2147023485). class does not exist."

Tried just setting arcade mode in the FXT Config ini and it doesn't change anything

The only thing that works is clicking ORFXT which launches Outrun2

sorry, not sure what I'm missing.... Anymore clues

Thanks again

FaithLes2425

• Offline Offline
  • Bingo!
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2015, 04:27:04 pm »
Have you regsvr32.exe the dx8vb.dll? That fixed arcade mode for me.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 04:41:00 pm by FaithLes2425 »

FaithLes2425

• Offline Offline
  • Bingo!
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2015, 04:42:13 pm »
I have a qustion. What does Enable Overlay (FS Only) do?

terminator2k2

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 08, 2024, 05:46:40 pm
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2015, 05:29:10 pm »
First off nice work, I've been reading the other thread for a while now and very impressed.

Ok so a few questions,  I've got a converted  sega daytona cab running a PC and a l2m2 for force feedback, I'm using a logitech wheel and pedals connected to the original pedals and wheel.

Now the fun bit, I noticed you can  set up the wheel in your config, but I have no way of setting up the pedals as the logitech board I acquired didn't come with any buttons , and when I go into the game settings you have to press select to confirm  input. Any one know of a way around this? Or is there any settings some one could send me?

Next thing is I'm using the original 4 vr buttons in the cab and have set up your config to 4 vr buttons, they are wired up to a I-pac as up, down , left and right keys on the keyboard. I've configured these in the config but they don't seem to work in game?

Lastly when I exit the game , the game exits but the mouse icon is spinning  then I get outrun has stopped responding. Is this normal with this mod?

Thanks

Chris

FaithLes2425

• Offline Offline
  • Bingo!
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2015, 06:41:21 pm »
Next thing is I'm using the original 4 vr buttons in the cab and have set up your config to 4 vr buttons, they are wired up to a I-pac as up, down , left and right keys on the keyboard. I've configured these in the config but they don't seem to work in game?
For the arrow keys here is my findings. Just swap the numbers around if you want a different arrangement.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 10:04:50 pm by FaithLes2425 »

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2024, 08:20:43 pm
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2015, 08:31:56 pm »
I'll have time tomorrow to try it out. Looking forward to it

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2015, 12:39:15 am »
For the arrow keys here is my findings. Just swap the numbers around if you want a different arrangement.

You guys do know that all you have to do is click in the box and press the button you want right?  Also all the camera angles worth mentioning are in the pop-up when you click on the "?" button.  Sometimes I wonder why I bother. 

FaithLes2425

• Offline Offline
  • Bingo!
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2015, 02:54:52 am »
Howard what does the  Enable overlay (FS Only) option do?
I know you can just click the keyboard but, he sayed it dident work for him. so i just narrowed it Down for him to put in the VRButtons.ini and see if that works. I really appreciate your work :-)

dirtydog

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2016, 01:25:42 pm
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2015, 02:55:48 am »
You guys do know that all you have to do is click in the box and press the button you want right?  Also all the camera angles worth mentioning are in the pop-up when you click on the "?" button.  Sometimes I wonder why I bother.
Well let's see... you take forever to release the software, but stoke the hype to the max by tantalising people with ever more bold claims about how good it will be, most of which never turn out to be realised.  You drag it out for so long because you seem to thrive on the attention.

The software is confusing to install and to configure, and buggy.

People politely point out the problems they are having, in the thread you created specifically for that purpose.  And ask for help.

You get mad and say 'I don't know why I bother'.

You have a serious attitude problem.   I've been following your posts for months and I knew it would end up this way.

terminator2k2

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 08, 2024, 05:46:40 pm
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2015, 03:41:33 am »
@howard that is exatley how I set them up, click the box then press a button, I did this for all vr buttons and clicked the box to override the game.

I start a game and change the vr button in game to the first vr button on the panel and then in game it doesn't change the view.

To be fair the instructions are straight forward all be it where to put the new video.

SailorSat

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:28:00 pm
    • For Amusement Only e.V.
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2015, 05:24:54 am »
It is kinda refreshing to see another person to fiddle around with VB after all this time :D

Works like a charm for me :)
I do all that stuff even without a Joystick ;)
Soft-15kHz, cabMAME, For Amusement Only e.V.

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2015, 09:12:42 am »
Well let's see... you take forever to release the software, but stoke the hype to the max by tantalising people with ever more bold claims about how good it will be, most of which never turn out to be realised.  You drag it out for so long because you seem to thrive on the attention.

The software is confusing to install and to configure, and buggy.

People politely point out the problems they are having, in the thread you created specifically for that purpose.  And ask for help.

You get mad and say 'I don't know why I bother'.

You have a serious attitude problem.   I've been following your posts for months and I knew it would end up this way.

OMG, you've been defrauded.
You should definitely ask for a refund.

Just give it time.
We have a good community here that are used to figuring out how to get things to work the way we want them to.
Howard hasn't sold anyone anything and isn't expected to fix everyone's problem with little or no information about their systems.
There are other members here that are used to theses types of issues creeping up with emulators or older PC games.
Give them a chance to test it out and weigh in. 
They'll probably be able to provide a solution or provide Howard with more useful information to fix the problem in the wrapper.

bandicoot

• Offline Offline
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2015, 12:20:20 pm »
OK for everyone who have a L2M2 config i've got it work
First you need to unchel centering wheel and put it to 0% in logitech wheel config
Next in FF.ini change this value
Tweak5=3|XNegativeCoefficient|7500
Tweak6=3|XPositiveCoefficient|7500
Now it's work i think we can adjust it a little bit more cause effects are less strong ( 7500 is perhaps too high but 1000 for example is too low)

HOWARD  you make a really good job :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
My racing CAB have a new arcade game inside

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2015, 01:14:32 pm »
bandicoot: 

You might want to try increasing the effects strength beyond 1.  I don't document that particular feature because it *might* cause effects to lose a bit of resolution, but it does work.  FF stuff will need considerable testing and perhaps we can add ini files tweaked for specific wheels, once everyone has a chance to play around with it.  This is a part of the puzzle where the community is going to be a big help. 

terminator2k2: 

Are the other options working for you like FF ect?  The key thing is to make sure the wrapper is working first and go from there. 

Which configuration are you trying to use?  If you are wanting a 4 button like Daytona, change the mode to 4 button.  It sounds like you want to use the keyboard correct?  Try turning off the joystick for the buttons by changing the joystick id to "none".  I did try doing views with the arrow keys and it worked for me. 

Be warned though that no matter how you have your controls setup, the game seems to default steering to the arrows keys and any hat switches you might have.  If you have the wheel over-ride enabled it will block left and right, but up and down are still used for gas/brake.  When I get the pedal override setup this will be a non-issue, but until then....

Somebody asked what the overlay option is.  That's ...well... overlays.  If you want custom songs to show up in the radio or the arcade menus in 2sp mode... check that box.  It only works in fullscreen though.